Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292661 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2130 on: January 19, 2014, 08:38:30 pm »

Ah, Derp.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: January 19, 2014, 09:05:21 pm »

Ah, Derp.

You killed us all for nothing... thanks...

EDIT: Annnnd wrong thread for that, I get the owned and killed threads mixed up >.<
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:23:12 pm by timferius »

JimiD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: January 20, 2014, 08:23:40 am »

Heard my corp forming up to gank someone abusing us in local, quickly undocked my Slasher and warped to fleet member.  Landed, saw the Myrmidon still alive, so I locked him up and opened fire.

And was quickly blown up by gate guns.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: January 20, 2014, 10:32:04 am »

Beat FTL on my second run ever. Standard Kestrel, easy mode (because SECOND RUN EVER).

Got two mantises (and a rock), dropped a truckload of weapons (burst laser II from start, Hull laser, Hull Beam, Breach bomb), and bought a teleporter.
I know now why the 4-men TP ships are considered OP.

Also weapon pre-igniter, weapon reload speed and shields reload speed augments.

Battles went like this: get out of warp, fire five laser shots to down the shields, immediately follow with a beam, and then TP two mantises on them.

The only ships that put some kind of effort to put down were a lucky-as-fuck heavy rebel fighter dodging most of my shots while I ran out of missiles, and the end boss.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: January 20, 2014, 12:10:11 pm »

So, life is good. I have a small farm, and abundant food stores, livestock and supplies of raw materials to meet all my crafting needs. My little compund is secure (EDIT inspired by the post below: this required the killing of 3 bears who lived in the area, and 4 wandering wolves) , but stepping out of it is risky due to the proximity of a slaver camp and its patrolling warriors. Thanks to the good relations I had maintained with a cluster of nearby villages from my tribe, I can muster up a warband of 8 men in exchange for some low quality goods and a not insignifigant amount of food, and stealthily approach the camp in the dead of night. The outer patrolling sentry is silenced by an arrow from my bow from behind at point blank range, and as he falls I order my warband to fall upon the camp kill any slavers on sight. It turns into a bloodbath, as 6 sleeping slavers (one more by my hands, who takes a spear to the face) are dispatched in an orgy of blood and gore for only one light injury as a result of some overzealous clubbing. The camp is looted for anything of use or value, before the buildings are fired and the bodies thrown into the flames. I trade back the spoils or war for the large amount of food offered to my warband members for thier service, and life goes on as before, but from now on free from the spectre of the violent slavers just on the horizon.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:42:27 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: January 20, 2014, 12:21:10 pm »

Taking some furs and inferior fox traps to a village to trade for a pot I saw there earlier. Halfway there I see the following:

"You encounter a wild animal here. You think it's a bear." Oh crap.

Thirty minutes later(realtime):

"You manage to obtain a harsh bear skin."
and
"You finish cutting the carcass up into 175 edible cuts plus fat."

Only suffered two bruises. I think I did more damage with a thrown javelin than I did with a bastard sword.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: January 20, 2014, 12:33:09 pm »

Is that your second bear? O_o
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: January 20, 2014, 12:33:44 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: January 20, 2014, 01:19:06 pm »

50 or so,but I'd loaded 3 instakill moves onto it so it was kinda inevitable.
Ah.  That's...um...well, that's rather interesting, I suppose.

so no-ones going to point out that your not suppose to kill the legendarys, your suppose to capture them?
killing them isn't difficult because that is what you are suppose to Avoid doing, it's like saying you won the Indy 500 because you successfully drove over and crushed all the awards before the race started.   :'(

TLDR: Much fail, Such facepalm.

I was attempting to complete an Epic level quest when the scumbags nextdoor built a town over top the quest giver distroying it and forever making it impossible to complete so in a fit of rage I turned the army around and began an unstoppable march through their civilization razing every city along the way
made all the more impressive by the fact that said "army" mostly stood back and let my king kill all the enemies himself

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes expansion.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: January 20, 2014, 01:23:29 pm »

Meh, don't need pansy godpokemon to save the world. Got mah fish and hyper beam, that's all I need.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: January 22, 2014, 12:00:36 pm »

So, this happened...

This is a blank sig.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: January 22, 2014, 03:49:50 pm »

Her squad had just been following her orders when they fortified that pub. They knew that a mixed group of aliens and humans were inbound from the parking lot. However, Julia was a sniper so she had gone up to the roof. She took out the first two aliens with ease, popping the heads of both a thin man and a sectoid as they dashed for cover. Her 5 squadmates, all rookies, were holding the ground floor. They shredded a sectoid that got too close, then everything went wrong.

The enemy's leader, a plasma-toting heavy had just kicked down the front door. The rookies all dashed for cover and the only other female (was still a rookie), Naomi, ran out the back to come to the roof to assist Julia. The enemy heavy launched a rocket right into the middle of the bar and the rookies were decimated. 3 went down from the blast and the last one was shredded by the plasma MG the next turn as he tried to flee.

Julia and Naomi were both on the roof, keeping a look-out for the heavy when Julia spotted her. She had jet-packed up to the roof and tried to take a shot at Julia. It hit Julia, but left her with one life left. Julia slowly brought her laser sniper to aim and sent a bolt of high-powered stream of energy straight through the heavy's brain. The heavy collapsed, but the battle wasn't over.

Julia and Naomi dropped back down into the parking lot to look for the last hostile. After a few turns of searching, they were about to re-enter the pub when they found it. A sectoid commander was waiting inside. Naomi fell victim to its mind and screamed as it grabbed control of her. Julia only had one health left and knew that her next shot would decide the battle. If she headshotted the commander, she would kill it and free Naomi. If she missed, the sectoid would make Naomi kill her. If she ran, the sectoid would hunt her down and control her too.

Slowly Julia brought her sniper rifle to bear. It was a tricky shot as they were in very close proximity, but she had no other choice. As Julia pulled the trigger, a searing beam of energy shot out of her sniper-rifle...and straight through the sectoids over-sized brain. The sectoid collapsed and Naomi gasped for air, now free of the alien's grasp. Julia looked into the pub for a moment, silently mourning the loss of 4 of her squadmates. Then she reported back to HQ "We're done here. Mission Accomplished."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: January 27, 2014, 02:50:27 pm »

So I started playing the DoomRL after seeing it pop up on here and the death thread. Anyways, I'm playing on Hey, Not Too Rough, and I get to the Phobos Anomaly. After wasting several large health packs on the Lost Souls that mob you in the first section of the map, I pull out my trust rocket launcher from Hell's Arena and go to activate the Bruiser Brothers. Having fought them several times before, I grit my teeth and get ready to use several more large health packs. Long story short, I murder both Bruiser Brothers while taking absolutely no damage at all.

EDIT: And... I just cleared The Wall without taking any damage at all too. Goddamn it game. I don't even need another missile launcher!

EDIT2: FFFFFF- and of course I'd die because I got complacent and didn't use a medpack when I should've.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:22:03 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: January 27, 2014, 08:12:24 pm »

I finally beat X-COM: Enemy Within
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: January 27, 2014, 11:36:58 pm »

I was playing a demoman with chargin targe, default grenade launcher, and eyelander. No sticky launcher of any kind.

A medic decides to uber me. So I run up through the enemy team to destroy any sentry nests they have. They had 2. I blew them both up with only my grenade launcher, direct hits, 2 shots each, bam; sentry, engineer, and dispenser are blown up. Twice. No reloading needed. With the sentries down, my team is able to push the cart up and win.

Ha, demoman don't need no sticky bombs to blow everything up.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 709