Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293009 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2295 on: March 19, 2014, 08:12:34 pm »

1.2×10^6 ms ago? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: March 19, 2014, 08:13:13 pm »

1.2×10^6 ms ago? :P

Yes. *Shakes fist*

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: March 19, 2014, 08:32:58 pm »

Augh. I should not click a link that has been described as Addictive, especially after seeing those numbers in XKCD and being confused about it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: March 19, 2014, 11:13:30 pm »

FINALLY

damn elusive 2048
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: March 20, 2014, 04:17:11 am »

this counts as a win right?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 10:51:47 am by Erils »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: March 20, 2014, 08:37:39 am »

Managed to get 8200 points, but without using the down key. Should really get a new keyboard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: March 20, 2014, 11:14:57 am »

Best I've gotten so far is 7068.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: March 20, 2014, 02:34:07 pm »

Me versus three AI TEC Loyalist players, each in their own separate star system. I am in a star system with one of them, playing as TEC Rebels. I quickly tech up to the Rebel special technology that signs a peace treaty with all the pirates and neutral 'empires' on the map. In all actuality, it just let's me perform a colony blitz, and each one comes with a premade defense force that costs me no population. I snag half the system in a short time, bringing together a moderate sized fleet and fighting the Trade Coalition, who was my current foe, back to their own doorstep. Then I created the Ragnarov Titan and moved in, taking their Capital planet and quickly steamrolling their remaining forces until only their flagship remains, desperately fleeing system to system, but I own everything, and what I don't own, I hunt after him into. Finally I destroy him, taking one player out of the game.

An experimental weapons activation has been detected on an unexplored world! x6

Oh shit. The TEC get the Novalith Cannon, which completely depopulates planets it is fired at. I rapidly begin building emergency shelters and planetary shields, so I only lose one or two planets to the barrage. I begin building my own Novaliths (regrettably only two at this time) and firing back.

Good god, the mental image of solar systems exchanging broadsides like sailing ships is freaking AWESOME.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (And all the various other DLCs)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: March 20, 2014, 08:12:50 pm »

Wait, you can do that? Sweeeeeet. I gotta pick up where I left of as Space North Korea. Last in economy, first in military.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: March 20, 2014, 08:16:39 pm »

Oh man, my favorite tactic in that game was abusing the pirates vigorously.

I should play that sometime...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: March 20, 2014, 10:01:19 pm »

Wait, you can do that? Sweeeeeet. I gotta pick up where I left of as Space North Korea. Last in economy, first in military.

I'm the opposite, in early-game. I have a huge economy, but usually only my Flagship, a few Arcova Scout Frigates, and two Akkan Battlecruisers (When I can afford a second one, that is.). Which is a decent force, against pirates and the like, but is utterly outclassed by any sort of serious resistance.

Oh, I finished wiping the last of the enemy forces out of my solar system, and I'm colonizing the last planet or two, at the last update, and my fleet is gather to jump to one of the enemy systems. Soon we will bring the fight to them! Again. >.>

Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion (Do I need to keep saying that? :P )
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: March 21, 2014, 11:13:11 pm »

It took all night but I finally mastered Doge2048!

Wow!
Such win!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: March 21, 2014, 11:24:10 pm »

Killed the Chaos Witch Quelaag on my second attempt. Would've done it the first time, had she not pulled out an unexpected magic blast that one-shotted me.

Still, in this game, beating something on the second attempt still counts as a pretty big win!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: March 22, 2014, 08:07:51 pm »

Oh shit yeah, what happens when it does go offline, because the game is a dick and won't let you save unless you're signed in?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: March 22, 2014, 08:20:32 pm »

If it GFWL doesn't get patched out then you should still be able to create an offline account and play that way (obviously minus all the multiplayer things).
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 709