Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292517 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2415 on: April 08, 2014, 09:58:13 pm »

Beat Bell Gargoyles. It was more bitter than sweet victory though, because I lost all of my humanities due to being careless earlier. Only 12, but for a newbie like me, that's quite some.  :(

Then I beat my first black knight. Only killed me once, still feel good.  :)
You had 12 liquid Humanity?! Damn. I don't know that I've had more than 2-3 without consuming items, never mind before the Bell Gargoyles.
He prolly ate all his humanity items. Or he went to a LOT of different areas before beating the gargs.
It's possible. Still, if you were going slowly, it's possible to farm 10 liquid Humanity per area from just killing stuff. 12 Humanity by the Parish would be totally doable.
That would require purpose, surely.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 09, 2014, 01:09:22 am »

Anyways, to re-rail my own (highly successful) derail...

Got a 30/20 K/D, the highest score, and almost the highest capture time on a round of Loadout. In unrelated news, OMG SPOOLING PULSE GUNS ARE AWESOME, and the spawn point is a cool tool for Blitz.  :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2417 on: April 09, 2014, 01:32:29 am »

Yeah, I did ate that item you get in Cathedral (+8 humanity), but the rest IIRC I farmed. If I knew how much humanity it gave, I probably wouldn't do that but you know, that "upgrades estus flask" was just too tempting.  :P
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 09, 2014, 05:53:53 am »

You do know to upgrade your Estus flask you need to bring the soul to the firekeeper in Firelink Shrine, right?
Like, eating the Firekeeper Soul literally wastes one of the most important things in the game.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2419 on: April 09, 2014, 06:26:28 am »

Nope, didn't know that.

Oh well, better luck next time I guess.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 09, 2014, 06:26:57 pm »

Showed the Lizalfos what the most terrifying thing any soldier can see is. An army of pissed off Kokiri charging wildly at them with wolves smashing through our own lines. Very little strategy was used, but there was much murderizing.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 09, 2014, 06:30:14 pm »

Showed the Lizalfos what the most terrifying thing any soldier can see is. An army of pissed off Kokiri charging wildly at them with wolves smashing through our own lines. Very little strategy was used, but there was much murderizing.

I really need to install that again...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 09, 2014, 11:09:26 pm »

I'm allied with the Vaegirs.  I have exactly 100 troops.  About forty percent of those troops are archers, with about 20 Luchnik archers, and the other twenty or so being whatever is just below that on the progression tree.  I have 10 ratnik, which are mounted archers.  I then have my ten companions, my ten or so chevaliers/euclyrs, and the rest are a mix of vaegir and nord infantrymen, from I3 to I5.   I finally decide that I want a castle.  First I convince to King to attack Kelredan castle.  I help, losing only three of my infantry, and we succeed, due to my luchnik archers annihilating the Swadian defenders, and the Kings' 500 troops.   I then go back to Dhirim to get some food, and by the time I come back it's been taken back.  I lay siege, and get the defenders to surrender.  I then garrison the castle.  Then begins the first of many, many sieges.  Over the next three weeks I lay siege on Kelredan two times, and protect it six times.   Each time they took it I was away restocking on food.  By the time it is over I have only fifteen luchnik archers, five chevaliers, six ratnik, and ten gridmen.  I was forced to fend off Rhodok assaults, Swadian assaults, and Khergit assaults.  I had no money, and no food.   But the castle was mine.  Currently, I've managed to rebuild my army thanks to the sixty or so prisoners I accumulated.  I have ninety kmet archers, seventy gridman, twenty luchnik, fifteen ratnik, and fifteen chevaliers.   NO ONE is taking my castle.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:12:44 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 10, 2014, 02:22:46 am »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 11, 2014, 02:28:05 am »

Beat Deus Vult 1 a while back. Just beat Deus Vult 2. Next up: Alien Vendetta.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 11, 2014, 12:49:10 pm »

Playing ps3, GameCube, xbox360 and all older consoles on my nexus

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 11, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »

I was manning the machinegun in a tank as we captured an objective, sweeping the area to make sure no infantry were sneaking up on us with explosives. I had already killed one guy launching rockets at us.
A helicopter had been harassing us, and came in for another sweep, so I aimed up and open fire at it as it approached, not really expecting results. Suddenly it stops firing and just drifts past us, and I realise with a shock that I just managed to shoot the pilot out of the cockpit. :o

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 11, 2014, 09:34:44 pm »

> PS2 Terran Republic Infiltrator.
> In Venu Syndicate base, sapping your generators, stealing your turrets, sniping your d00dZ!
> Sees an allied regiment moving in to take this nifty tech plant I'm in.
> VS Scythe (fighter aircraft) rolls in...and hovers, attacking allies in the turrets I hacked. Defenders roll in...
> Said aircraft is hovering RIGHT ABOVE ME. Literally, above my head as I stare in awe and fear at how close I am right under the aircraft.
> Has nothing to destroy the thing, and pretty much in hot waters.
> The aircraft hovers, and slowly drifts downward, nearing closer and closer towards...well, me.
> Touches me.
> *explodes*
> Is awarded with kill. [Pilot name, forgot whom (skull sign..or something) Corianna {my ign}]

I killed an enemy fighter craft, with most likely a host of upgrades due to its ability to hover and fire plasma spheres(?) as it tried to...squish me.
Uh...
Woo~
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:38:33 pm by Tiruin »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 11, 2014, 09:47:14 pm »

That's...

Really odd.

But I've had the same thing happen to me in Unreal Tournament when someone tried to smoosh me with a manta, so I guess it just happens in games sometimes.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 11, 2014, 09:51:59 pm »

That's...

Really odd.

But I've had the same thing happen to me in Unreal Tournament when someone tried to smoosh me with a manta, so I guess it just happens in games sometimes.
Well stuff like that happens...
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 709