Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292946 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2610 on: May 23, 2014, 08:28:29 pm »

You can reduce that warmongering score by freeing citystates and foreign cities.

Convince the Ai to attack other Ai and city states, then free the city states for a free liberation bonus.

Then again, I play on massive maps with Massive timescales and almost 20 nations. So it's easier to find a friend and the Ai fights war all the time.

That... actually sounds like a lot of fun. Is it hard to keep track of all the countries? And how many weeks/months does it take to end?

I'm actually playing on a huge map with a maximum % of nations.
Right now i'm somewhere at the bgining of the modern era (just got tanks and fighters) and it took me around 8-10 hours.
i'd like to point out however that in the marathon timescale bulding something as simple as a road takes around 16 turns and the fastest building you can get in a new city is the monument that needs over 20 turns to build... while a granary takes 30-40.
Quite honestly its better to just build everything (or at the very least units) with gold when you play a marathon game because it's pretty damn hard to see what you will need 20+ turns in the future.

Also not sure about the expansions (i'm playing more or less vanilla with some minor DLCs that went along with the Game of the Year edition) but on my huge map only 12 rival civs can spawn... and i reduced that number to 8 already.
They do however spawn upto 24 city states.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: May 23, 2014, 11:12:20 pm »

start on the coast, with a lake, 2corn, and sheep.  cool.  I scour around.

nothing.  I mean nothing.  Some wine up here, a gold mine over here.  Cows to the east.  nothing worth taking except the gold and the elephants in the jungle.  which I didnt fogbust before barbs took it.  to top it off Ive got zero rivers, my sea is 12 tiles big, and Monty is north, nappi is east, mansa south and Suleiman is west.  hostile company.  Well, I boot up my wonderwhore mode, let monty and sulie fight over who can convert me first to their religion (sulie won) and spread it to nappie.  I cottage the everloving shit out of every grass tile I own and manage to grab swadie blahblah, the wonder that unlocks pacifism early.  I cant keep up with their armies anyhow.  Nappie and I stick like glue and Take out mansa, letting me finally expand to 8 cities.  I just polished off paper, and will look for Sankore for the science.

Im not much ofa peacemonger or good at culture wins, but this (terra, I suspect) map gave me a real challenge.  Shaka is rocking around successfully, Egypt is stealing wonders, and Oh god I need more money. The ai gets too much to also leave me broke so early.

CIV, emperor w/ai mod and random map.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2612 on: May 24, 2014, 08:00:33 am »

Blessed melee weapon. Blessed throwing weapon. So many flying enemies.

Red Rogue.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: May 24, 2014, 08:03:02 am »

This character is only 30 days old.
I already have 15000 denars in the bank, and an army of 60.
Life is good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: May 24, 2014, 10:30:21 am »

This character is only 30 days old.
I already have 15000 denars in the bank, and an army of 60.
Life is good.

Teach me your skills! Although, admittedly I'm pretty terrible at M&B.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: May 24, 2014, 10:41:57 am »

The most important thing is getting started, then it's a breeze.
After the tutorial quest, try and win a few tournaments while betting on yourself as much as possible, then just run around hire as many recruits as you can.
Train them up to a decent point, and then join any army you want, and start pillaging villages, as they contain many valuable trade goods.
Sell trade goods, and repeat.
Pillaging 3 villages made me like, 9k.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: May 24, 2014, 05:56:20 pm »

My buddy, "Comrade Mime Sniper" (pictured), got shot and I took his spot (Actually behind the wall like a normal sane person, though). Using my bolt action rifle, I racked up multiple kills before a German rifleman snuck up behind me and shot me. Better than most of my runs on this game, at least.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: May 24, 2014, 09:39:15 pm »

I modded in a super walrus man crab, I then kicked a insectoid walrus man in the upper body that he died insantly.

The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: May 24, 2014, 11:55:11 pm »

I started by doing a backflip, and balancing on my left hand. I then spun around, flipped over and grabbed Uke's shoulder in midair. Pulling him into me, I quickly kicked him in the face, HARD, completely decapitating him. The replay ended up looking way more flashy than it sounds.

Toribash Singleplayer

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: May 24, 2014, 11:57:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure that I'm actually starting to get kills in PvP now :D It's typically only in massed combat, not 1v1 yet, but I think I'm contributing a useful amount of damage and landing killing blows once in a while.

World of Warcraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: May 25, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »

My buddy, "Comrade Mime Sniper" (pictured), got shot and I took his spot (Actually behind the wall like a normal sane person, though). Using my bolt action rifle, I racked up multiple kills before a German rifleman snuck up behind me and shot me. Better than most of my runs on this game, at least.

Man, I am terrible at that game. Although I've had far too many kills from my own side for no reason, I think shots clip or something.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: May 25, 2014, 11:47:14 pm »

I've been playing a game that won't officially exist for another two weeks. That said, I'm really glad it's getting a day one patch. It needs it pretty badly.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2622 on: May 25, 2014, 11:51:54 pm »

Don't be mysterious what is it?!!!?!!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: May 26, 2014, 01:40:30 am »

Probably a game in closed alpha/beta that MZ is legally obliged to not spoil.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: May 26, 2014, 11:34:26 am »

Man, I am terrible at that game. Although I've had far too many kills from my own side for no reason, I think shots clip or something.

What do you mean shots clip or something? Like go through cover and stuff?
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 709