Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292666 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2850 on: July 03, 2014, 10:13:01 am »

Racing games should really come with split screen modes far more often than they do now. Mucking around like that is much more fun if you're actually sitting next to the person you just knocked off the track. In "Wacky Wheels", if you rammed into the front of another cart, it'd launch the animal into the camera and crack the screen.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: July 03, 2014, 10:18:31 am »

I'd consider anything other than a Starbucks on a corner a cultural victory.  $8 for a cup of coffee?  Yeesh.

$8!? that's horrendous

The Starbucks in my country seem to cost no more than $5 for a huge coffee. (I prefer other coffee shops anyway.)
For $8, I could buy stuff to make my own supply of similar-quality coffee, for a month.

EDIT: Hehe, that's the kind of game I'd drive the opposite way. Tell me you have done that, it's more fun than the normal game. I know this from old Playstation 1 and N64 racing games. It's funny because those stupid ai bastards just keep going the 'right' way while I'm smashing up their cars and the announcer is yelling like crazy telling me to turn around. That moment of expectation in a Nascar sim when you are closing at 200 mph on a straightaway towards them lasts just about the right amount of time before you smash into them and cars start flying. I'm unsure if it's more fun to be in an invincible car or if it's better played like bowling where you try to wreck all the cars for a strike in your own destructible car. Both play modes have their charm.
I remember playing a demo of some stock car racing game for PS1, which modeled some serious car damage. Instead of trying to win the race, I would turn around, do a full lap to build up speed, and play chicken with the guy in front when he came around. Ludicrous car gibs, and one of us might be lucky to not be on fire afterwards. For the lead racer's part, they usually won the chicken race, rather than the normal race.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: July 03, 2014, 02:20:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For context the F-80C is a jet. I blew it up in a prop. That's pretty awesome if you ask me.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: July 04, 2014, 12:43:39 am »

Every nation in the world is my ally. I'm exporting billions of dollars worth of everything but uranium (of which I have none and need none) and electricity (which I buy off the market at about $300k/day.) I recently just sold fresh water to Saudi Arabia. Cost me about a billion dollars to produce it, and they paid 50x that. I sell oil to Japan and Korea, food and water to the Middle East, South America, west and southeast Asia, and Africa, consumer and industry goods to Europe, Oceania, and the rest of North America. I burn through $5bil/day on social and research spending, but it's whatever. When I run out of money, I just sell off some of my stockpiles. I make food, water, oil, and various goods faster than I can sell them, and I sell daily.

The only nations that didn't join my friends list are North Korea, who got unified and wiped out by South Korea (using arms and munitions supplied by Michigan,) and Illinois, who attacked me to get to Canada and got crushed under the combined boots of WI, IN, OH, KY, and MA.

Next up, figure out how to buy the world. I'm sitting on $100bil. If all else fails, I suppose I could use force, but I don't want to. Who would be left to buy my stuff?

Supreme Ruler 2020.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:45:41 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: July 04, 2014, 12:48:00 am »

Every nation in the world is my ally. I'm exporting billions of dollars worth of everything but uranium (of which I have none and need none) and electricity (which I buy off the market at about $300k/day.) I recently just sold fresh water to Saudi Arabia. Cost me about a billion dollars to produce it, and they paid 50x that. I sell oil to Japan and Korea, food and water to the Middle East, South America, west and southeast Asia, and Africa, consumer and industry goods to Europe, Oceania, and the rest of North America. I burn through $5bil/day on social and research spending, but it's whatever. When I run out of money, I just sell off some of my stockpiles. I make food, water, oil, and various goods faster than I can sell them, and I sell daily.

The only nations that didn't join my friends list are North Korea, who got unified and wiped out by South Korea (using arms and munitions supplied by Michigan,) and Illinois, who attacked me to get to Canada and got crushed under the combined boots of WI, IN, OH, KY, and MA.

Next up, figure out how to buy the world. I'm sitting on $100bil. If all else fails, I suppose I could use force, but I don't want to. Who would be left to buy my stuff?

Supreme Ruler 2020.

That's beautiful.  World peace through capitalism.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2855 on: July 04, 2014, 09:13:31 am »

Supreme Ruler 2020.
That's beautiful.  World peace through capitalism.
I'm impressed. I usually try to play the ideal ruler role in all kinds of games (especially Tropico), and usually come off with high approval, despite crashing the economy for a year or two (mostly infrastructure and housing) before we really rack up the money from farms and so forth, and then work on luxuries and tourism from there.

Every island I rule, even when it's a barren Hell, comes out as an Eden or tropical paradise when I'm done with them. Betty Boom, however, is never happy. I build for function before I build for form. And oddly enough, the function is it's own form by the end anyway. Hell, look at some of my designs in Cargo! and such for some truly ugly (by common perception), yet elegant (highly functional, and actually looks pretty cool), designs. Basically, I know how to build things that look and feel like A-10s when built. Hard to destroy, highly functional, unusually awesome appearance by the end, and it still works like a dream.

EDIT:
Looking at that, maybe Mk. III can look more like a bug; that way, I can also avoid getting the pilot wet when landing and takeoff on water. It would be more an aesthetic upgrade with an inevitable hit to the weight.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:07:58 am by Itnetlolor »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: July 04, 2014, 09:57:41 am »

Wait, what game is that? That looks crazy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2857 on: July 04, 2014, 10:13:13 am »

Cargo! - The Quest for Gravity. And yes, the game itself is crazy as well. Made it in sandbox; applied it in-game, and it kinda beat the game for me; except for submersible parts. I think I remember first seeing this game during a Solifuge livestream.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:09:21 am by Itnetlolor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2858 on: July 04, 2014, 12:48:09 pm »

There's a sniper and a guy with a shortgun in this building, facing north. My team is crouched mongst ruins directly east. Alright, looks like we got the drop on these guys. My two snipers crawl into the open to provide cover while two of my riflemen and the doctor slip inside the house. The shortgun guy is right next to the entrance facing away from it. The doc sets up silently opposite him and waits with his shotgun aimed at his back while my riflemen, Seymour and Rage, crawl past, inches away from his feet. Seymour goes upstairs and confirms the sniper to be actually holding a spear, then sets up with his AK pointed at the back of his head. Rage continues through the house without stopping and finds another bad guy lying in wait. He aims at this one. Meanwhile my snipers move north and get a better view of the street all these bad guys are facing. Both of them seperately get a bead on a guy crouched in cover. While this is happening Stein, my third rifleman, has crossed the street, crawled along it through a small park, and found TWO guys stacked on top of each other to point at!

I had the silliest grin on my face as I switched the squad's behavior to aggressive at the same time. Gunfire. Seven criticals. I died with maniacal laughter at the success of my evil plan!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:51:37 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: July 04, 2014, 03:06:26 pm »

My mature sci-fi strategy game, "WarMarch: 30,000", was released on the PC to rave reviews. 9.75 average rating, it sold 131,000 copies in the first week paying for itself 9 times over and leaping to the top of the top-seller charts. Not bad for something made by a single person in a garage!

It made over 3 million before finally going off the market.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 03:08:36 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: July 04, 2014, 04:11:30 pm »

My daughter in law wants me to come to her room? Sure, I'll take her for a tumble, not like my son's getting her pregnant anyways!

It's good to be the Basileus.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: July 04, 2014, 05:16:57 pm »

That event seems to trigger for daughter-in-laws 95% of the time, random courtiers 5% of the time.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: July 04, 2014, 06:08:35 pm »

That was my first daughter in law on that char, my son had only been married to her for a few months. Apparently, I work fast. Of course, by the time she came around I already had 4 bastards to my name, as well as 9 legitimate kids, two of which died at a young age because one of my kids was possessed by satan.

EDIT: Hahaha, my daughter in law just had a kid from my char, and my son believed it was his. And since I have primogeniture, that kid is going to be my heir someday. Oh man, this is priceless.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:11:25 pm by Glloyd »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2863 on: July 05, 2014, 12:38:24 am »

EDIT: Hahaha, my daughter in law just had a kid from my char, and my son believed it was his. And since I have primogeniture, that kid is going to be my heir someday. Oh man, this is priceless.
That is legitimately hilarious. Who knew a game that looks so boring could be so funny!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: July 05, 2014, 11:03:25 am »

That is legitimately hilarious. Who knew a game that looks so boring could be so funny!

Legitimately hilarious, I see what you did there. My multiple bastards are not pleased with your puns.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 709