Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274668 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3210 on: September 18, 2014, 04:15:07 pm »

Every time you type that game's title my brain parses it as "Darude - Sandstorm".

Damn youtube comment sections...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: September 18, 2014, 05:00:37 pm »

I just purchased soulstorm (It was cheap) And I think I am going to play through it.  I can't decide what faction to stick with though, I like swarming my enemies personally.  Orks are always fun, but I am finding necrons are pretty fun to play as well.  There is also the imperial guard, but playing as them basically amounts to holding the line until you get tanks then ROFLSTOMP everyone.
I just use my guardsmen wrong as IG. Send in transports behind their lines, unload three squads of thirteen guardsmen with psykers or commissars attached. Wreck havoc while kriskin and the commander squad keep the frontline busy. Works like a charm. If it doesn't baneblade and leman russ spam time.
Also, those tiny squares underneath the units health bars.  WHAT DO THEY MEAN
Bonuses. Gold means extra damage, blue means extra defense.
I cannot figure it out!

Oh, and how I owned recently:  In Dawn of War: Soulstorm, I was playing necrons and had been pushed back to my base.  The Eldar were at my gates, and I could barely hold them.  Being necrons, I refused to die and eventually I built up enough force/revived my current force to destroy their army.  It was pretty close though, and a lot of fun.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: September 18, 2014, 08:26:42 pm »

I just purchased soulstorm (It was cheap) And I think I am going to play through it.  I can't decide what faction to stick with though, I like swarming my enemies personally.  Orks are always fun, but I am finding necrons are pretty fun to play as well.  There is also the imperial guard, but playing as them basically amounts to holding the line until you get tanks then ROFLSTOMP everyone.
I just use my guardsmen wrong as IG. Send in transports behind their lines, unload three squads of thirteen guardsmen with psykers or commissars attached. Wreck havoc while kriskin and the commander squad keep the frontline busy. Works like a charm. If it doesn't baneblade and leman russ spam time.
Also, those tiny squares underneath the units health bars.  WHAT DO THEY MEAN
Bonuses. Gold means extra damage, blue means extra defense.
I cannot figure it out!

Oh, and how I owned recently:  In Dawn of War: Soulstorm, I was playing necrons and had been pushed back to my base.  The Eldar were at my gates, and I could barely hold them.  Being necrons, I refused to die and eventually I built up enough force/revived my current force to destroy their army.  It was pretty close though, and a lot of fun.

Ah thank you!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: September 18, 2014, 11:46:54 pm »

I finally beat Doom all the way through, episodes 1 through 3. The ending kinda made me chuckle.

Also, I apparently rocked E3M7:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3214 on: September 19, 2014, 10:47:53 am »

Facing an enemy with 35 Devils and 44 Pit Spawn, and a proportional number of others, whilst assaulting a castle.

Critical mistake #1: Including Titans in the army. Massive morale penalties go!
Critical mistake #2: Parking some Cerberuses in the gateway.

I kiled the cerberuses and got through the gate. With my six Death Knights. Which are contextually the most powerful unit in the game, since they have an ability that gives them a 25% chance to kill half the units in the stack they're attacking, which can easily be up to 3500 damage extra.

Also, I had enough skeleton archers to kill multiple Devils at a strike, in melee, and to ignore direct fire from the Titans because it wasn't taking out significant percentages.

E: HoMMV. THE METEORS BURNS USS.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:00:57 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: September 19, 2014, 10:54:46 am »

Facing an enemy with 35 Devils and 44 Pit Spawn, and a proportional number of others, whilst assaulting a castle.

Critical mistake #1: Including Titans in the army. Massive morale penalties go!
Critical mistake #2: Parking some Cerberuses in the gateway.

I kiled the cerberuses and got through the gate. With my six Death Knights. Which are contextually the most powerful unit in the game, since they have an ability that gives them a 25% chance to kill half the units in the stack they're attacking, which can easily be up to 3500 damage extra.

Also, I had enough skeleton archers to kill multiple Devils at a strike, in melee, and to ignore direct fire from the Titans because it wasn't taking out significant percentages.
METEORS
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3216 on: September 19, 2014, 11:00:29 am »

I don't have enough mastery for them! D:

It was Heroes of Might and Magic V. Still.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: September 19, 2014, 07:46:23 pm »

Final mission of the Heart of the Swarm campaign.

I need to protect the Hyperion (sort of. It's defended well. I just parked about ten Hydralisks on the Battlecruiser itself and called it a day, then morphed four of them to Impalers when the Odin came.), defend my own Hive Cluster, take out the defenses in three areas preventing more Zerg from rampaging into the enemy base, and finally destroy the Emperor's palace.

Trivial. I only need brutal, overwhelming force, and dogged tenacity. Thankfully I have both in epic quantities. I take an expansion early on, taking a base from the Dominion to my south-east, and release Zagara's brood into the fray. I consolidate for a while, taking minor probing attacks and anti-personnel artillery fire, responding in kind with reflexive Zerglings. There are few problems that cannot be solved with MOAR ZERGLINGS.

I push forward on the south-eastern end of the map, pressuring the Dominion with aid from Zagara's brood. We free Stukov's brood for battle, and I clear out the large center platform near my base, establishing a large kill zone for my patrols of Zerglings. The Hyperion was coming under increasing fire, so I sent a few more Hydralisks to aid them, and moved to free Dehaka's pack. With the final brood freed, I concentrated my efforts on wiping out the EXTENSIVE Dominon base preceding Mengsk's palace.

The Odin battered itself to death against a wall of Marines, Hydralisks, Impalers, and a bunker network. Finally, I gathered my armies, and charged Mengsk's palace.

You know that video at the beginning of the game that has the swarm of Zerg pouring into that city square and DESTROYING the Terran positions? Where Ultralisks stomp on Siege Tanks like they were toys, and Zerglings swarm packs of fleeing Marines and butcher them murderously? Where Hydralisks perforate horrified Terrans? Yeah, it was exactly like that.

I am the Zerg. I am the Swarm.

StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3218 on: September 19, 2014, 09:56:40 pm »

5 matches, 5 scores to win, 3 CPU vs. 1 Me. I trounce them 5 rounds in a row, and in less than a minute in one of the matches. That was intense.

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
Dogfight Mode, modified rules to allow 3 CPU matches, and expand rounds from 3 scores to 5. Mind you, the scores go in a tug-of-war format (I have 4 points, they have to score 9 times to win (not so hard if 3 CPUs in 1 team)). I had to recover from a score of CPU=4 myself one round as well. Despite the 3 CPU targets to ease my climb, they didn't make it easy.

HINT:
Low throttle dependency/relative flying, and knowing how to bullet-slalom (flying towards and between the bullets), suicidal as that sounds, combined with mine-laying at the right time and trajectory (especially during head-on standoffs) = easy kills. Basically, learn to sky-joust, and don't become buzzard bait. Beware the pteradon.

EDIT:
Giving them a better fighting chance, I extended rounds to 9 points to win, I still consistently beat them, and somewhat, just as quickly. I am vicious, and rounds still feel too short. Best of 21? 45?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:41:22 pm by Itnetlolor »

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: September 19, 2014, 10:09:12 pm »

Playing Artemis as engineering for a full bridge. In our second game we completely demolished enemies in our battleship at a fairly high difficulty and our shields never failed due to my awesome engineering prowess, since I eventually got the hang of our maneuvers... though we did end up going past 4000 energy which caused the ship to almost explode (everything started overheating, it was a nightmare, but I handled it somehow).
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: September 19, 2014, 10:13:50 pm »

Does
count? I think it does.

The Walking Dead
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: September 19, 2014, 11:28:26 pm »

Lasers are love, as are grenades.  I do love it when the enemy is obliging enough to cluster up right in the middle of a pincer they don't even know exists yet - a group of floaters became completely focused on my Engineer next to a hole in the walls, so he sent them a little HE gift in return, at which signal my Scout and Gunner popped open the front doors and plowed through their flank.  I then took the high ground (second floor of a warehouse overlooking the docks) and ripped the enemy to pieces as they closed in piecemeal along the dockside route in a futile attempt to reach my SHIV and Gunners, one group activating each turn and promptly getting cut down in the crossfire.  I think we'll call it the Great Calgary Turkey Shoot. 

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: September 20, 2014, 12:10:43 pm »

A while back, I mentioned how I had beaten Mega Man X3,  and that I would soon play Mega Man X4. I also mentioned that if the final boss got even more overpowered, then I wasn't sure if I would be able to manage.

Yeah, well, it got harder. I managed, though.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: September 20, 2014, 03:09:22 pm »

Spiked mario with a '!' ball while he was coming back on the stage grabbed a smash ball and sent villager off the side of the stage with the same attack, and then final smashed pikachu.  All in the space of about 10 seconds.

Looks like I still got it.

Super Smash Bros 3DS demo. Free for all with 3 lv 9 cpus.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: September 20, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »

FUCKING WYRM WITH ZOMBY-SPELL VS MONSTER ZOO

VICTORY IS MIIIIIINE

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 708