Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292598 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3285 on: October 07, 2014, 11:08:00 am »

I'm pubstomping with Cmega3 Caroline, both of us are doing well, top of the scoreboard for a while, when the other team is joined by a really pro Heavy. He got a killstreak of 18 once, and I think it went higher. He had a Medic pocketing him and ubering whenever they came under fire.

We had just managed to make a forward push and capture the central point. I was playing Scout, so I ran on ahead and hovered on the edge of the open area around the final point (we were playing on cp_snakewater). I hear their Engie(Engineer) say "Heavy load comin' through!" Since I can still see his dispenser, I know that that means that he's just picked up his sentry to move it. I run in and put two scattergun shots into his still-unfolding sentry, destroying it. I turn around to deal with the Engie, and see the Heavy coming out of spawn. Oh f***. Without even thinking, I switch to my Sandman (a baseball bat), back off a few yards as he's spinning up his minigun, and bean him with the baseball (which stuns him). I remember that the Engie had the Frontier Justice (a shotgun that gives him guaranteed critical hits based on how many kills his sentry had when it was destroyed), so I decide to make my getaway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: October 07, 2014, 11:15:52 am »

My son just married the eldest daughter of the ruler of some weird Welsh kingdom.

Sadly, the woman, who has an unpronounceable name, had 5 younger brothers.

Let's just say that none of the other courtiers were impressed by the lousy diplomacy stats those babies had and gladly killed every single one for me 8)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: October 07, 2014, 02:48:41 pm »

Basically devoured the Brain of Cthulhu with a new character.

molotovs OP plz nerf

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: October 07, 2014, 03:03:00 pm »

Europe generally shuns the inferior imperial system.
We're stuck next door to the U.S. though, and their system tends to leak over the border because people say "Canadians are essentially Americans, they don't need their own version". Except they have to make sure they stick a french manual in with the game, or else Quebec may revolt.
THAT'S WHY?!
DAMMIT, QUEBEC!
also, metric for life
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: October 08, 2014, 07:03:50 am »

Having the commander decked out in full masterwork steel armor feels like an own, along with his squad who has no worse than ≡quality≡ steel.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: October 08, 2014, 09:27:51 am »

Having the commander decked out in full masterwork steel armor feels like an own, along with his squad who has no worse than ≡quality≡ steel.

Sounds like you are fully prepared to pay the admissions ticket to the circus. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3291 on: October 08, 2014, 11:56:13 am »

Same setup as before, Flak Arena mutator, DM-Morbias][, I kept up with everyone, and ranked within the top 4.

DM-Spacenoxx, 1st fucking place with a split of +4 kills, same setup like before. 8 Custom-made gods (like stated; they're not regular bots, they're the definition of abusive) in godlike difficulty, flak arena in low-gravity, in that level. Fuck you all.

To not die within the triple-digits is awesome enough (I actually died within the same amount as everyone else; though I still died the most out of them); to beat down gods is even greater; to win against them despite such hellish and masochistic odds, total ownage.

Unreal Tournament (classic UT99)

ADDENDUM:
I actually got a killing frenzy out of it (about 6 kills sans dying; 2 different occasions). Huzzah! I swear, the bots in this version are way harder than the later UT games. UT3's bots on godlike are like rookies compared to these monsters.

I can imagine how different this game, and my playstyle, would be when it's Oculus-supported. I look forward to that day. Even the lo-res graphics of UT99 would be an awesome experience. I hope devs are on the job of making such mods for it on all versions of it; not just UT4.

EDIT:
After a bit of lurking, FUCK YEAH! That hyperspace tunnel looks beautiful.

Now we need to add X-Wing Alliance into the Rift. Blow up some starships in full-3D. Hell, any space-sim would do for this. I'd have to memorize my keyboard, however, to fully coordinate my controls (targeting and throttle and etc; same for Mechwarrior games).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:30:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: October 08, 2014, 03:46:36 pm »

Got my revenge on that mofo. Maharaja Nagdeo, "the wise" I think it was.

So this guy is an adventurer who comes along and get his own kingdom by attacking Chandana, my neighbour (who I intended to invade anyway). Big deal you might think, divided they fall. Well yeah, but the 20.000 guys Nagdeo brought with him stuck around, and he decide he wants a piece of MY land. Since I'm very spread out it takes MONTHS to assemble my armies, and by then he assaulted the wargoal and then some, forcing me to peace out despite being very much able to kick his sorry ass. (news: the next patch will prevent that, yay!)

I brood my revenge while Nagdeo continues holy warring like a madman, cutting himself pieces out of the neighbouring hindus and even out of my neighbours the Zandids (who took the place of the Saffarids). They get too greedy however, and expend their troops. As they attack the Zandids again, I strike. Well, I issue a declaration of war and take a year to assemble the friggin levies.

Then I lose everything in a tactical mistake. Out of 24 thousand men, three thousand come home. It's a disaster.

But Nagdeo now concentrate on the Zandid, sure of his victory.

I reassemble my armies, and another twenty thousand, led by veteran generals and a fresh retinue of 4500 horsemen. Time to pay.

This time I manoeuver carefully. Nagdeo wins against the Zandids, but his armies are thinned by the wars, and I catch his 16.000, led by the hindu holy order, with my 21.000. Two third of his army are killed, to a seventh of mine.

I split my army in two, one chasing the remnants around and killing more than its share of filthy heathens, the other, with the retinue, siege the holdings. The Zandids, with a replenished levy, declare a war of reconquest. In the end, I carpet siege, and I win. The Zandid reconquer their capital too (although they ultimately decide to take the saffarids' old capital after all). And Nagdeo is reduced to a duchy and a half, with half of it immediately instantly rebelling.

And with a sixth kingdom title, I still can't create an empire because I'm spread out over three de jure empires. Damnit.

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: October 08, 2014, 03:51:11 pm »

WE KILLED THE DARGON!

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: October 09, 2014, 08:35:25 am »

Got shot only once while fighting The End. I'm finding the boss battles much easier than MGS2. Not sure if I'm getting better or if they're just easier. Haven't died once during a boss battle yet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3295 on: October 09, 2014, 10:56:01 am »

Got shot only once while fighting The End. I'm finding the boss battles much easier than MGS2. Not sure if I'm getting better or if they're just easier. Haven't died once during a boss battle yet.

IMO MGS2 does have harder boss battles. Even on EE MGS3 bosses aren't so bad to fight.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: October 09, 2014, 10:58:06 am »

IMO MGS2 does have harder boss battles. Even on EE MGS3 bosses aren't so bad to fight.
Ocelot is asking for a bullet. He has by far the most forced interactions in the game.  Annoying character, annoying fights, annoyingly forced into backstory.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3297 on: October 09, 2014, 11:06:06 am »

Ocelot is asking for a bullet. He has by far the most forced interactions in the game.  Annoying character, annoying fights, annoyingly forced into backstory.
What?! I love Ocelot! D: He's adorable! Not to mention his fight is actually pretty hard on EE. He's crazy fast and just won't stop shooting. >_> But his HP is pretty low compared to the other bosses.

The Fear can't hurt you if you don't stop moving, you can beat The End by leaving the game alone for a week, Volgin usually gets me once before I acclimate to his pattern, The Sorrow is barely a boss battle, Shagohod is no problem to cheese and The Boss can be fooled by lying down.

The Pain and The Fury always give me problems though.

E: But compared to MGS2? Every fight on that game is a struggle on EE except for Fatman. He's a pushover every time.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:07:42 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3298 on: October 09, 2014, 01:28:34 pm »

Perfect pacifist run of a level. Screw logic!

Rogue Soul 2. Flash game I've sunk far too much time into over the last two days.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #3299 on: October 11, 2014, 06:37:44 am »

My 3rd match of the tournament, and actual 3rd match of the campaign overall.

So my Orcs are against the Korn Demons. My team value is almost exactly the half of the opponents, 770 or something vs 1440 or something.

My first match was 0-1 against chaos dwarfes (should have been draw, but I left for breakfast in the middle, stupidly forgetting to pause the whole thing). Felt kinda intimidated by their bulls, but I though I held decent enough, being newbie. Second match was the undead, and despite what I perceived to be me getting my ass handed over to me, I stood my ground and pulled a draw in the end.

So this demons, right? Nearly all of their team members had claws, horns or frenzy or something. And a big f-ing demon to boot. I felt like I'm constantly being outnumbered. Felt like majority of their rolls resulted in my boyz being beat down.

And despite that, it was 1-0 or maybe even 2-0 before even the first half ended. Final score: 3-0.
For me.

FUCK ME I'M THE BEST BLOOD BOWL PLAYER EVER

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 709