Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292858 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3840 on: January 24, 2015, 10:53:12 pm »

DM of our new campaign decided that for the first fight we would all be forced to fight demons one-on-one, against demons that were around the same power level as each player. We all had different demons, meant to match us.

I'm a paladin. I pasted mine.
The fighter did very well, as he was built specifically to be a powerhouse, and he criticals often. His demon basically gave him free hits as it tried and failed to use mind-affecting spells.
The investigator nickel-and-dimed her opponent to death, but didn't really get hurt.
The cleric didn't get a chance to actually hit his, but wasn't hurt at all due to his protective spells. He left to help the ninja, who was stun-locked to near-death.
So I was called to kill the cleric's demon instead.

Paladin: 2, Demons: 0

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also got around to finally making a stat sheet for my horse. DM refused to let me get any other type of mount than a regular old horse, unfortunately. No celestial dire-tyrannosaurus for me. Despite this, my horse is amazing.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: January 24, 2015, 11:05:54 pm »

Playing D&D, mixture of 1st and 2nd edition, using some homebrew mass combat rules.

On our side? ~1500 odd troops, in a decent defensive position.

On their side? 4500 troops plus a dragon.

Result?

Ridiculous rolling (and lots of siege equipment) (and a couple of Mass Invisibility) (and 3 dragons of our own) (among other things) =

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: January 25, 2015, 12:03:28 am »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: January 25, 2015, 11:27:44 am »

Despite this, my horse is amazing.
Look at my horse, my horse is amazing~

......godamnit now that song is stuck in my head. Why man, WHYYYYYYYYYY
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: January 25, 2015, 05:07:23 pm »

Despite this, my horse is amazing.
Look at my horse, my horse is amazing~

Give it a lick, it tastes just like holy retribution?

Sad part is that my horse is almost more bad-ass than my paladin. It's rather intelligent, and probably the third best at stealth in the party. Plus it can smite. I should have filled out its details so much earlier. Instead, its only use since I got it was to treat it as a meaty, hairy motorcycle of divine transportation.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: January 25, 2015, 07:41:35 pm »

Son shoved something (turned out to be a dime that got stuck to the magnet) in the ps3. I sucessfully dismantled it, removed the disk drive, remove the object, reset the gears, and reinstalled the drive and it works! (didn't reset the gears on the first try, so had to go back and do that once I found out it needed to be done).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: January 25, 2015, 08:53:18 pm »

Been playing more Breaking Point on New Haven lately. I'd made the long run up to the north island to raid the Evac Base for supplies and made away with a full load: M249, a British rucksack, and an assortment of industrial supplies. After swimming back to the main island I spent about an hour and a half threading my way down the coast to avoid the clusterfuck in the main city, glassing out new stretches as I went. At one point I noticed regular lines beneath a pine tree. Sure enough, when I rounded a little bay and approached the site, I found someone's storage crate that hadn't been hidden well enough on the coast side.

Popped it open, and spirits! Something like a dozen high-end guns, tons of ammo and attachments, and a load of industrial stuff. Unfortunately I was already full up, but I swapped an AK from my pack for a SpecOps DMR and dropped some junk so that I could grab a handful of scopes and suppressors. Then I torched the rest. Some guy is gonna be piiiiissed. xD

e: Looooool. Went to raid the CMC for more building supplies and I happened to glass the shore before I ran in. At least two more crates poorly hidden in the same way, but this time I had the chance to clean them out before I torched them.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:09:39 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: January 25, 2015, 09:10:41 pm »

Mutant Spider + Brimstone + Lump of Coal + several damage up items = lol. Every boss that had a single phase died in one hit unless they were extremely bulky (mama gurdy, monstro II, it lives). Brimstone is already a strong item, but then x4 + more damage on top of that made it insane.

It Lives took two hits, mama gurdy two hits, monstro II two hits - eventually i went to Sheol and fought Satan - The Fallen died in one hit for each portion, satan's first form took two, and satan's second form took two more.

24 minutes from start to satan. I have the seed, though some items were rerolled using the D6.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:31 am »

I knocked one of the bruiser brothers into the air with my katana before clobbering him over and over and over with my dwarven hammer until he died. Basically juggled him to death with melee weapons, no biggie.

I, uh, didn't know I could do that, but I did.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: January 26, 2015, 05:33:00 pm »

I beat the Bolt Axe Shogun level.

What's great about this is that most of the map was cleared with Ike alone, who also managed to tank being hit by no less than 3 boulders, several siege weapon shots, and a couple of axemen here and there.

Man, Ike is awesome.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: January 26, 2015, 08:18:53 pm »

Dwarf Fortress?

(:P)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: January 26, 2015, 08:32:56 pm »

Nah. man, he's playing Ike, that character from the Smash Bros. It must be Smash Bros.

:P
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: January 26, 2015, 08:47:35 pm »

It's one of those election-simulator games.  He's playing Eisenhower. ^_^

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: January 26, 2015, 08:48:41 pm »

It's one of those election-simulator games.  He's playing Eisenhower. ^_^
Damn you, you ninja :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: January 26, 2015, 09:35:10 pm »

Did any of you see my transparent text? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 709