Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292912 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3975 on: February 16, 2015, 11:33:34 pm »

Misirlou. Dick Dale.

ALL PURPLE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried learning that. I can't strum a rhythm that fast. It sucks.

What kind of pick do you use? How flexible is it? I use a bass pick and I think it's making fast picking harder for me. More resistance and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:36:25 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: February 16, 2015, 11:56:04 pm »

Tortex Dunlop .6mm (Orange) picks. They're a lot thinner than a bass pick. They're pretty stiff, but they give about 1/8" of an inch if you push on them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 12:02:19 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: February 17, 2015, 12:12:12 am »

Tortex Dunlop .6mm (Orange) picks. They're a lot thinner than a bass pick. They're pretty stiff, but they give about 1/8" of an inch if you push on them.
Man, and all the picks I have on me at campus are thick bass or jazz picks. Jim Dunlop Jazz II for example. Can't test anything flexible.

When I was first learning I found it was easier for me to use thicker less flexible picks like bass picks. Probably because I'm left handed but play right handed, so I'm strumming and picking with my non-dominant hand. No idea how I'd play on a left handed guitar either, I've only ever done right handed and I'd think lefty would feel weird.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: February 17, 2015, 12:16:49 am »

Lefty does feel weird, but I'm right handed. Also, I'm not even remotely an expert in guitar. Not even remotely.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: February 17, 2015, 05:12:02 pm »

I prepared to clean out the Sunless Sea, both to get the guaranteed magic lamp and to train up my long sword skill for my shiny new Vorpal Blade. I look over the stash and find among the junk a scroll of enchant armor, a gray stone (not a loadstone, as I've ID'd those already), and an unidentified wand. Since I've ID'd all but the wands of cancellation and wishing, this must be cancellation (because there's no way I'd get wishing). That's a good thing, because I've got about 2400 bullets or so in a dozen different stacks that I want to enchant. I better engrave-test it just in case I forgot about another unID'd wand.

"You may wish for an object."

Well then.

(SLASH-EM)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: February 17, 2015, 05:57:06 pm »

I won five matches in a row as priest, completing three quests in one session. That is an absolutely unheard-of rampage for me. It's mostly thanks to the same cards and strategies that make me RAEG when I'm on the receiving end, such as Annoy-O-Tron, Divine Spirit and Arcane Nullifier.

Hearthstone.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3981 on: February 17, 2015, 11:04:24 pm »

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:08:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: February 17, 2015, 11:07:16 pm »

I don't get it. How often does what happen?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3983 on: February 17, 2015, 11:17:04 pm »

I don't get it. How often does what happen?
Getting a classic celebrity name like that. Reading the source document, Howard Hughes being rolled, and in the top of the list like that was truly random for me; didn't expect that name to come up of all names. Pretty stupid, come and think of it. But still...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: February 17, 2015, 11:48:58 pm »

Jumped into my arena games like an idiot, first the free one and then spent 150 gold to get back in.  Won 3 and lost 3 for each of them.  I hadn't even gotten more than one character to lvl 10, so breaking even felt like an own.

The first deck was pretty amazing, better than my constructed decks (which are admittedly 90% basic).  It was a super swarmy paladin deck with a bunch of great low cost cards that would either buff my minions or summon more.  Main weakness was having basically nothing that cost more than 4.  Two of my three losses were close, I'm convinced one of them was because of a 1 in 4 chance of a mind control grabbing my beefiest monster.

The second deck was legitimately terrible, I'm not sure how I broke even.  It was a rogue deck with decent removal and a bunch of bad creatures spread evenly across all cost levels.  Like, in the first pick the chicken was one of the options and I seriously considered it, that's what I was dealing with.  The main good thing about the deck was an 8/8 giant that got cheaper for each creature in play.  Such a fun card.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: February 18, 2015, 12:02:38 am »

Playing oblivion

Entered through an oblivion gate with my full set of heavy armor, heavy shield, and new katana.
The scamps outside the towers posed little more than cannon fodder, denting and scuffing my blade only slightly. I made my way into the first tower, two dremora and a scamp, they all found their quick dimise, I made sure to take the hearts of the demons as they make good for healing potions. I clambered through the tower slaughtering more dremora and scamps stealing their hearts and taking what loot I found. As I neared the top where the Sigil stone lay I found opposition with 5 dremora and 3 scamps, the scamps and two of the dremora stayed back pounding at me with fire balls and lighting spells while the other three beat at me with their maces. Each blow being deflected with my shield and countered with a slash from my blade, the three melee fighters dead I tanked through several more magic bolts and made quick work of the unarmored spell casters. Having collected several many deadra hearts and sustained sufficient damage, I ate their hearts over their dead bodies before walking up the last flight of stairs and removing the Sigil stone. As I teleported back to the mortal plane, soaked in deadra blood I put the stone into my bag next to the 7 other stones
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: February 18, 2015, 12:30:11 am »

Broforce.
Three words.
GIT
GUD
HELICHOPTER
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kenpokiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: February 18, 2015, 08:06:11 am »

PKed Dual ascension bows in Runescape
Won a 4v1 with my DF in Firefall.
Ser'qet wreckin shit in Smite.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: February 18, 2015, 09:05:31 am »

Didn't starve. Last time I try a strategy off TvTropes, lemme tell you. Nearly ran out of food in year 3.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: February 18, 2015, 04:16:12 pm »

...You know, somehow, reading year 3 didn't stop me from thinking you're just a very determined Don't Starve player :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 709