Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292698 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4095 on: March 17, 2015, 09:19:08 pm »

And the meteors are averted. :P
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: March 18, 2015, 07:49:31 am »

My first ever attempt at the Ambulance Kidney Transplant. Result: A++ rating, the achievements for doing it, doing it with minimal bloodloss, and almost got it for doing it quickly. And I had just repeatdly borked the normal operation that I was practicing with.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: March 18, 2015, 06:07:21 pm »

Got the Tids mask in the Car Shop heist. Had to do it solo (people were being stupid and activated computers at random) and had a lot of close calls in previous attempts (once, I did it in 4:05 (needs to be in less than 4)), but I eventually did it.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:29:41 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: March 19, 2015, 06:38:52 pm »

Ive won the last 4 mafia games Ive played 8)

And to top that off multiple ongoings could qualify to be here.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: March 20, 2015, 07:58:40 am »

After failing spectacularly, I manage to properly take a helicopter ride to the objective. Seconds after disembarking, the helicopter explodes somehow. Getting into the base was easy. After a few mishaps where my team screwed up the bonus objective(capture the enemy leader ALIVE), I order them to hold fire and fuck off somewhere. I clear most of the defenders from one side with ease, and sneak off to clear the other side. Nearly crapping myself at finding a full SpecOps team less than 200m from, I call in a mortar strike to deal with them. Then I find that tank from before. One shot from a captured Queen Bee launcher didn't destroy the tank, it fucking vaporized it.

All that was left was just the driver of a jeep that had crashed into a wall and the entire campaign was done.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4100 on: March 20, 2015, 03:19:10 pm »

Managed to collect and upgrade everything in the game (also max. bombs and arrows), with a few dungeons to spare (last one, before the final level providing the final piece of heart (last item on the list, caused by railroading); but mostly-finished by this point). The last bosses, and the rematch boss rush was pretty much a 1-2 hit kill on those poor fools (although the last dungeon bosses were still pretty strong, and needed a few more hits), and I had everything by then.

Also, the 4 mages that tend to bug me during the last levels, I finally figured out how to efficiently take out simultaneously. You use the red cane to plant a block dead-center between them, and use it again to explode it in all 4 directions. This also helps for the final puzzles that I used bombs otherwise instead; now I can trigger them at-will instead. Albeit, a tad late there.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:21:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: March 20, 2015, 11:05:39 pm »

During the night of the 1st day, I was rummaging around, trying to find a wrench so that I could equip my Dojo base with a wood stove, among other things made from gas tanks, when I ran into another survivor. "Drop your weapon!" he said, so I dropped my weapon and beat a hasty retreat. This being my only weapon, a hockey stick, I was rather loathe to leave it there. I went back over, picked it back up and made a dash to the corner of the building to the punctuation of gunfire. We met just around that corner, me in my padded jersey and him with his Ruger 10/22. He shot me enough times to put my pain at 70, which will be a setback. My health, however, was not as severely damaged as being shot so many times would say. I only had one yellow area, at ||| of torso health. I've got a stock of food and a few books to read while the bullet holes heal over. I understand that .22 is small, but that seems a bit light. Not that I'm complaining.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:17:24 pm by Lukewarm »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: March 20, 2015, 11:13:21 pm »

Lucky.  One survivor ran up behind me as I was out collecting nails in light gear.  With only a ruger 10/22, a flintlock pistol, and a fire axe for weapons, and  molle pack on I failed my 'you're not robbing me' check, and because it was so dark he was on of of me when combat started.  The first thing he did  was empty his .40 smg into my legs.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: March 20, 2015, 11:14:02 pm »

Brimstone + Polyphemus. I shot a blood laser that OHKO'd Mom as soon as I entered the room.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: March 21, 2015, 02:23:45 am »

I actually managed to get more than one or two skills as Scout.

TF2.

EDIT:

I finally beat Portal. I had heard that it ended rather abruptly, but wow. There's like, half a second of lead-up before you reach the boss room. "Hey, this looks kinda ominous, wonder what's ahead OH IT'S THE FINAL BOSS"

Portal.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 05:50:13 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: March 21, 2015, 02:09:54 pm »

I got a 11x combo with the tiger mask o-o

E:
I just got a 16x combo by punching everyone on the level except the fat guy to death in one streak. My playstyle was still listed as combo trainee ;_;
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:37:00 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: March 21, 2015, 04:32:41 pm »

They added RPG elements to TF2 now?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: March 21, 2015, 08:13:25 pm »

Yep! Unlock more advanced hats from more powerful opponents to increase your stats, and participate in missions to gain new abilities! If you're lucky, you'll eventually acquire a "Hale's Own" weapon, which deals triple the damage of default weapon and is only outclassed by items purchased off the Steam Store!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: March 22, 2015, 03:07:14 am »

Yep! Unlock more advanced hats from more powerful opponents to increase your stats, and participate in missions to gain new abilities! If you're lucky, you'll eventually acquire a "Hale's Own" weapon, which deals triple the damage of default weapon and is only outclassed by items purchased off the Steam Store!

Yeah, I meant kills. Getting used to a new keyboard. At least all the keys are actually a decent size.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: March 22, 2015, 01:33:21 pm »

Won an ARAM match in 13:39 as Morgana.

I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 709