Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260410 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4545 on: June 15, 2015, 12:23:05 am »

[...]Liches[...]a few artifact shields...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:52:13 am by Tiruin »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: June 15, 2015, 12:49:31 am »

How much gold did you carry out with you?
Hope you saved before that part because you can get alll of it.
Man, Fallout New Vegas, I really want to play that but all those goddamn companion sidequests are so infuriating because you can only bring along one human and one non-human and nearly every single character has to have you in their party visiting very specific locations which half of which don't give points if you go there a second time so screw you if you looked the sidequest up because it's goddamn opaque where, when and why you have to go somewhere and turns out it's one of those that only activate yet alllll of the map points only activate once and you already cleared them! It wouldn't be so terrifying for me if the console commands button didn't work so I couldn't artificially activate my companions triggers.

I'm not bitter.

I only took five or so of the gold bars because I was in a hurry. How can you get all of it?

Not that it really matters, though; I sold two or three of the ones I brought out and now I walk about with 5-15k caps and have a dozen great weapons.

As for companions, I never bother with them (in any game). They take too much effort to deal with.
It requires a bit of munchkinry and I haven't done it myself (haven't gotten to the expansion) but what you are supposed to do is cut off the bad guy's head (the one that should be with you near the gold pile) stuff all the gold into that body, grab the head and run for it, when at the exit, drop the head, take the gold, and exit.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: June 15, 2015, 01:00:34 am »

Finally killed that fucking gryphon that's been buzzing me every once in a while. And its brother. Killed a lich or some shit. And a rock golem. Was a good day. No chasing titty-birds off cliffs this time.

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: June 15, 2015, 01:27:57 am »

[...]Liches[...]a few artifact shields...
They weren't actually artifact shields, just magic.  But on the bright side, I already had a shield of reflection and I'm in no hurry to replace it.

So far the main thing that its done is cause giants to hit themselves with their own stones.  In new version shields of reflection only reflect projectiles that you already would have blocked, which IIRC means that they cannot block magic attacks like frost blasts.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4549 on: June 15, 2015, 02:24:20 am »

Never thought that after playing a few games (especially after plowing through a Strogg palace), I would feel homesick about a place I built in Minecraft. I love my Wanderer's Paradise, and the places I made in it so far. Recently built one of many mushroom-based buildings (not built into a mushroom; not yet), but the sand castle I made, felt like home; as well as the private residence not far from it. I pretty much made those places my HQ for dreaming, like a lucid dreaming starting point.

A personal own on architecture in that game. Just wasted a good hour wandering to good music.

Image Links:
Creative Thread 1 (completed castle is a few responses down the line)
Creative Thread 2 (Naturally helps that it's modeled after my dream's architecture, although it's more the lounge version of the home (turned out smaller than I thought))
And the beginnings

Minecraft
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:51:42 am by Itnetlolor »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: June 15, 2015, 02:27:09 am »

And that is why I play Minecraft. 0u0
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: June 15, 2015, 04:18:30 am »

-snip-

...all hail the new king of creation!  :o
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: June 15, 2015, 07:07:00 am »

DP to bring you this little gem!

So, I got a mission to shoot down ten aircraft for 35k credits, so I decide to take my Yubari out for a spin(the only ship I have with real decent AA that isn't a battleship, plus it was the ship I bought to get into the CBT :P). Result?

13 aircraft shot down(was only one enemy carrier in the match), 42 main gun hits, one torp hit(that sank a battleship), 218k credits, over 4k experience(was doubled, so still over 2000 base), Devastating Strike and First Blood battle hero achievements!

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: June 15, 2015, 11:03:35 am »

The refugee merchant wanted me to check out the last known position of some scavengers. I look at the map, and it's a few tiles away from a fungal tower. Actually, it's three bandits. I head to the camp in the wee hours of the morning, when it's still black out. Two of them are armed with guns, a Remington 700 and a .22 pipe. The third was a woman with a quarterstaff.

Assuming none of them had Night Vision(like I did), I snipe the guy with the R700 from the dark, and draw him out while filling him with arrows. I repeat this on the one with the pipe. The third on I hit with the rifle, then duel with my stone spear until she's dead. The loot from the camp was paltry, except the Remington, but it's got a few motorcycles, a quad, and a van all in working condition except the gas tank on one of the bikes.

All in all, a pretty decent strike. I head back to the merchant and report my success while sucking down a -300 morale penalty.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: June 15, 2015, 11:49:59 am »

Spoiler: Finally (click to show/hide)

What makes this a win is that I did it on the hardest difficulty and without any reflect/resist damage.I survived with 3 Health.
*Insert mad laughter here*

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: June 15, 2015, 02:31:28 pm »

Waifu get!  Victory achieved!  If I am to get all the waifus I must work harder, better, faster, stronger!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: June 15, 2015, 03:24:57 pm »

Did you find the fsteak?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: June 15, 2015, 07:53:59 pm »

Did you find the fsteak?
fsteak has been acquired, mission accomplished, over. *Cshhk*

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: June 15, 2015, 08:07:44 pm »

Took on Walhart the Conqueror and listened to his big talk about being invincible and almighty and all that jazz, only for Sumia to electrocute his balls off and Chrom to slice him in half. Dude barely touched me.

Man, I've had harder fights from nameless grunts than this guy whose been talked up as the big bad überdude of this particular arc.

Fire Emblem: Awakening
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: June 15, 2015, 08:14:26 pm »

Took on Walhart the Conqueror and listened to his big talk about being invincible and almighty and all that jazz, only for Sumia to electrocute his balls off and Chrom to slice him in half.
This is going in my sigtext.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 708