Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292575 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5280 on: December 21, 2015, 11:58:58 am »

Just had an absolutely insane run with the Loader. No artifacts.
I got TWO scariest masks, permafrost, brilliant behemoth, sacrificial dagger, ion jetpack, telescopic sight, mark 2 missiles, and that's just the rares. I also had a whole bunch of great green and white items, including three frost relics. Run was very low on use items, which is obviously great. I got the broken mirror. Farmed out all of the items and keycards on the last level, and had a bunch of gold left over to revive my drones.
Providence took a long time but I was only really at risk of dying once, and I just used the healing machine :v

That's my first win without using cheaty artifacts like Glass, Command or Sacrifice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5281 on: December 23, 2015, 01:09:54 pm »

Welp, I've become our server's official death machine.

Turns out, if you build a crossbow out of cobalt and flamestring, and make bolts out of an enderium tipped paper tool rod, you can one-shot someone in full terrasteel armour. This is before you put any offensive modifiers on the bolts.

Spoiler: Large image (click to show/hide)

Modded Minecraft.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: December 23, 2015, 09:24:18 pm »

I kept an entire team propped up and surviving against a team with a very, very good Soldier and Medic pair. We eventually lost on time out - if we'd had a minute or two more i would have been able to cap last. We actually lost on time out halfway through capping their last point.

I came THIS close to breaking my heal record in one life, and healed a shitload of HP overall. This was on cp_vanguard, one of the new maps.

7008 HP healed in one life, near my record of 7115 HP.
5 kills. Not bad for a medic.
9 deaths. Three of these were random crits - all the rest were that soldier medic pair with a Kritzkrieg.
28 assists.
I think uh, seven ubers?
And a total round healing of 26,100HP. I was quite pleased with myself.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: December 23, 2015, 09:25:01 pm »

Whoa.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: December 24, 2015, 12:46:30 am »

Digistruct Games made a huge splash on the gaming scene with their new release "Detective Lain". Marketed towards younger players on the Gameling portable game system, the rpg based around detective work earned praise from reviewers -gaining an aggregate score of 8.5 between the four major reviewing names- and reached rank 21 in sales in the first week. The game sold 96.3 thousand units over the course of its life on the shelves and earned $674,400 dolars in sales, earning a profit of $618,000 dollars after costing $56,000 to make.

All done by one guy living in his garage.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: December 24, 2015, 02:16:34 am »

Welp, I've become our server's official death machine.

Turns out, if you build a crossbow out of cobalt and flamestring, and make bolts out of an enderium tipped paper tool rod, you can one-shot someone in full terrasteel armour. This is before you put any offensive modifiers on the bolts.

Spoiler: Large image (click to show/hide)

Modded Minecraft.
If signalum is available for bow limbs, it has even better damage and a draw speed of 0.25 seconds, even with flame string.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: December 24, 2015, 07:42:40 am »

Digistruct Games made a huge splash on the gaming scene with their new release "Detective Lain". Marketed towards younger players on the Gameling portable game system, the rpg based around detective work earned praise from reviewers -gaining an aggregate score of 8.5 between the four major reviewing names- and reached rank 21 in sales in the first week. The game sold 96.3 thousand units over the course of its life on the shelves and earned $674,400 dolars in sales, earning a profit of $618,000 dollars after costing $56,000 to make.

All done by one guy living in his garage.

*sigh* Every amateur game dev's dream...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: December 24, 2015, 07:49:50 am »

Or, rather similarly, every amateur writer's dream. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: December 24, 2015, 12:14:35 pm »

This game is fucking rad.  If this were megaman, I woulda had one little jimmy-jamtm of health left after that boss fight.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: December 24, 2015, 12:59:53 pm »

Playing Embassy - Hunt Mode. I, with a LMG, got taken down fairly early along with two other guys, so I zotted the last bot. Killed all but two of the insurgents before locating their weapons cache. Lucky for me, this bot had an M4 with a grenade launcher. It took three of my four shots to destroy the cache(first was too close, didn't explode).

Spent several tense minutes sweeping the rest of the embassy looking for the last two insurgents. Circled around to where the cache was when I start taking fire behind me. I duck behind the corner, spotting both of them. I switch to my last grenade, pop out of cover, and fire. ...And the target was too close, and it didn't explode. It did nail the guy in the balls, killing him, and I was able to shoot the other one in the kneecap for the win.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: December 24, 2015, 07:03:39 pm »

I kept an entire team propped up and surviving against a team with a very, very good Soldier and Medic pair. We eventually lost on time out - if we'd had a minute or two more i would have been able to cap last. We actually lost on time out halfway through capping their last point.

I came THIS close to breaking my heal record in one life, and healed a shitload of HP overall. This was on cp_vanguard, one of the new maps.

7008 HP healed in one life, near my record of 7115 HP.
5 kills. Not bad for a medic.
9 deaths. Three of these were random crits - all the rest were that soldier medic pair with a Kritzkrieg.
28 assists.
I think uh, seven ubers?
And a total round healing of 26,100HP. I was quite pleased with myself.

Man, I think my record for ubers in one life is like three or four, and that was camping the blu spawn on dustbowl last stage. I can't even imagine getting 7 users, much less when I'm actually playing the game o.o

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: December 24, 2015, 07:49:01 pm »

Destroyed AAAALL of the hostile vehicles on my first attempt. Pretty good going considering I was flipping my shit the whole time and had to steal a guided rocket launcher so that I could take down a helicopter.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: December 24, 2015, 08:09:11 pm »

Which mission is that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: December 24, 2015, 08:11:12 pm »

Backup Back Down. Mission 9 I think.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: December 24, 2015, 08:13:50 pm »

I thought it might've been. I didn't like it the first time I played it, but it's a pretty good mission once you get some of the better gear and can be indiscriminately violent. Or steal everything not nailed down :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 709