Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292507 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5310 on: December 25, 2015, 09:33:11 pm »

So did latias1290, I'm not saying you didin't. ^^
Teamwork is an amazing, amazing thing.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: December 25, 2015, 10:41:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The problem was he was on the ship - and going back to it triggers the fight. I don't know of any other method of swapping party members.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: December 25, 2015, 10:48:48 pm »

The problem was he was on the ship - and going back to it triggers the fight. I don't know of any other method of swapping party members.

How ya liking the game so far?

The game will occasionally ask you to pick party members when the party has to split up and do quests in two different locations. Not helpful in this case though, I realize.

Also, how did you get all the lightsaber parts before fighting Visas? She's supposed to have the last piece that you need, you take it from her lightsaber after you beat her.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: December 26, 2015, 05:59:05 am »

Does she? According to the quest log I had all the components. I forgot where I got the a couple of them, but I think the last component I got was from the girl in the Enclave ruins.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: December 26, 2015, 04:31:13 pm »

After 2 final boss battles, Anubis GOT DUNKED ON.  THAT WAS A RAD GAME, HOLY SHIT.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: December 26, 2015, 04:40:18 pm »

Does she? According to the quest log I had all the components. I forgot where I got the a couple of them, but I think the last component I got was from the girl in the Enclave ruins.

Ah, she was added by the Restored Content. I had my lightsaber before I met her, so I never realized that she gave me a part as well. I was wondering where that extra came from.

Restored Content gives you a lot of duplicate quest items.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: December 26, 2015, 05:41:32 pm »

I pierced an 8z deep aquifer. And by that, I mean that I got 8z INTO the aquifer then found out it was 11z deep.

Still, though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: December 26, 2015, 06:23:19 pm »

Seriously dude. 11z. You should upload an unused copy of the site for masochists to play with.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5318 on: December 26, 2015, 11:13:37 pm »

It'd been many years since Lord Wolf was brained by a blue maceman, and decades since the first breach to the outer wall was made. The forces of Lord Whispa were victorious, and in their victory set out to destroy all remants of the ancient metropolis which had invaded their homeland and brought hell to their families.
The totality of victory was not easy.

The outer wall had exacted such a terrible price on the vanguard of the Whispa forces.
Over three hundred men attacked the southeastern gate. Our archers were incapable of suppressing theirs, who had superior numbers, quality and the benefit of both fortifications and fire. Our infantry were attacking a barred wooden gate on a narrow strip of land bordered by the moat, having to lose precious lives filling in the land bridge to the gate before busting it down. The surviving pikemen ran through and butchered the garrisoned marksmen before being pincushioned. When I sent in the second wave to exploit the breach it turned out to be a trap, the path of least resistance turned out to be an absolute killing field from which hundreds died pointlessly. The laddermen failed to reach the walls in sufficient numbers and subsequently only one soldier made it to the top of the walls - alone, the last to die. The Wolf's forces lost virtually nothing.
This forced the war effort to attack the stonegate and begin the process of digging a land bridge and breaking through an even tougher gate anew.

Now my city is alone, nature running her course and rendering my enemy a figment of the past. Walls encompass walls, towers cover towers and everything is well protected against the roaming bandits or wolves in the forest. Now and then some bandits do succeed in raiding my breweries or churches, or some fire will rage through my densely clustered metropolis for a time, or mad cow disease will make carcasses of all my herds - but there is no question, I owned it.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5319 on: December 26, 2015, 11:22:07 pm »

Good game. Very good memories.
Though I barely understand any of the screens you posted besides the last one. Oh right, it was a castle and it got completly removed from existence and only the siege towers and such remain. Would be nice to see the actual combat screens though. :/
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5320 on: December 26, 2015, 11:31:44 pm »

Good game. Very good memories.
Though I barely understand any of the screens you posted besides the last one. Oh right, it was a castle and it got completly removed from existence and only the siege towers and such remain. Would be nice to see the actual combat screens though. :/
I did not have the foresight to

It's only trees now

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: December 27, 2015, 06:40:58 am »

Nice, what map?

Also, beware those trees. If you don't have an army of woodcutters, or the tree blight event happens, they will spread like a better plague than the actual plague that can happen in this game.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: December 27, 2015, 10:16:02 am »

Going to your party screen (in the middle of the menu) should allow you to switch out your party, unless for plot reasons you can't. You'll have to remove at least one of your current companions first.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: December 27, 2015, 10:27:24 am »

Sudden animal attack on the camp for plot reasons. I tried to build a rudimentary wall in the direction specified, but 90 seconds was not enough warning to figure out the building system and get the wall up. I plopped down the two turrets I got from the same guy who warned us of the attack from a previous quest, and placed them in the direction the attack was supposed to come from.

Instead of a mass of animals coming from that direction, they all spawned on top of the small camp, in the corner, barely within range of the turrets. The good news was that they all focused on the injured woman on life support, rather than me, so they didn't kill me while I killed them(she survived with 1/3 of her health left). The better news was that most of the first wave was shredded by the guns. The bad news is that the rest of the waves spawned right on top, out of range of the guns and the animals did focus on me and the other fighters.

The last wave was solely these monkey-looking things that are dangerous in both melee and range. I managed to lead the last of them back into range of the guns. I did all this while both dead tired and suffering from a bacterial infection.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5324 on: December 27, 2015, 11:28:48 am »

Nice, what map?
Also, beware those trees. If you don't have an army of woodcutters, or the tree blight event happens, they will spread like a better plague than the actual plague that can happen in this game.
Custom, and dear gods there are so many trees, I was horrified to find there were even trees colonizing one of the hovel areas of my Fort
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 709