Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1259905 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5430 on: January 30, 2016, 11:14:42 pm »

Well, THAT was the most glorious mindfuck I've ever seen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not to be overly redundant, but, what everyone else is saying.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: January 30, 2016, 11:50:43 pm »

He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: January 30, 2016, 11:59:38 pm »

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: January 31, 2016, 12:18:25 am »

Donated to a server I really liked, picked a ZSU-39 Tigris as my reward vehicle. Twenty minutes later I spotted a roaming AI attack helicopter and popped it with a ten-round burst from 900m out.

ArmA III Exile mod. God I love this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: January 31, 2016, 10:41:13 am »

Open a hallway up and...

...damn that's a lot of Deadly Frag Mines.

Oh wait! I've got someone who can ignore mines and has enough skill to disarm and recover every single one!

*Item(s) gained: about 3 dozen Deadly Frag Mines*

Rescued Glorious Leader, leveled up. Master Speed + Master Flurry + high attack bonus = 4 attacks very likely to hit.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: January 31, 2016, 11:11:10 am »

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: January 31, 2016, 11:12:37 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: January 31, 2016, 11:13:21 am »

Not the thread for this guys...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: January 31, 2016, 11:13:55 am »

Yeah, we have an Undertale thread somewhere.
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: January 31, 2016, 12:24:17 pm »

To clarify the Undetale posts, the own was against a different boss than the one I died to. Technically.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: February 03, 2016, 09:56:15 pm »

I'm actually getting good at PvP. At least not as a Forest Hunter[The dudes who are still human in Darkroot are hella robust], but I've had a fair bit of success with Darkwraith invasions. And without too much backstab/parry cheese[Although the Darkhand is real nice for parrying dinguses], too. Although I guess alpha striking with Homing Crystal Soulmasses + Crystal Soul Spear is also a mite unsportsmanlike. Still, enough people dodge it that I feel its still mostly fair. Highlight was against this one guy in the Crystal Wood, who was obviously much higher level then me and had pretty nice armour and a lightning katana. I got the drop on him by climbing a ladder with my Soulmasses active[Spooked the fuck out of me too] and I rolled off to safety while he drank an Estus. I tagged him with a Crystal Soul Spear for about a third of his health bar once he came down with a plunging attack, but his counterattack combo nearly killed me[I have zero poise because I'm wearing mage robes] before I got a lucky parry & riposte and rolled away. After that, he went full ham and I had a lot of trouble kiting him, even with my Moonlight Butterfly Horn's range. I finally managed to kill him with a stab a split-second before his katana would have impacted my face. I got TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND SOULS from that. Guy must have been on AT LEAST New Game+.

A seperate own, but still pretty cool.

I started in Myrror with Alchemist and seven Sorcery books as Dwarves. I built a couple more cities to support my units with food before clearing the whole continent[This is Myrror, so the nodes have stuff like Great Wyrms and Sky Drakes on them] with Steam Cannons and Hammerhands. I found two towers on my starting continent, which I unlock and then garrison with eight Steam Cannons each. I find my first wizard on the other side, Freya. Freya has no spells I can use and seems pretty chill, so I bribe her into signing a Wizard Pact and then resume building infrastructure in Myrror. I find an adamantine vein, which I build a strictly military city next to, and start upgrading all my units to adamantine-armed ones. I've basically completely filled my starting continent, so I send a Magic Spirit to scout the landmass to the north of my starting continent. Almost immediately, I run into a group of Klackon halberdiers led by some Halfling Slingers. Their controller Ariel also has no spells I want, so I exchange pleasantries and then end diplomacy. Klackon AI is incredibly annoying since it spams Settlers and makes little hives all over the fucking place. They're also really incompatible with any other races, so you can't even conquer them properly. So I cast Invisibility on my Magic Spirit and station them on the tower that the Klackons came through. Kind of a cheap move, but I don't want MY Myrror swarming with useless bugs and Steam Cannons take two turns to build and longer to move over there, even WITH Floating Islands. A diplomatic marriage soon after gives me a Dwarven city on the continent with Ariel's Klackons on it[We're still at peace and none of the Klackons are settlers, so I let them be]. More Magic Spirit scouting discovers a Sorcery Node with a Sky Drake, so I send over a load of Adamantine Hammerhands to beat them up and claim the node. It works out well, but now I'm kinda bored. The new continent is mostly useless desert and only has pathetic ruins and stuff. So I decide to colonize Arcanus through one of my towers. I find a nice and small abandoned continent and spend quite a few turns settling it, enchanting all the roads and giving the two new cities there good garrisons. In the process, I meet the other two wizards: Horus and Kali. Horus immediately gets on my bad side by casting Wind Mastery. I True Disjunction it and establish my own. Horus does the same. I True Disjunction him and recast Wind Mastery. Then Kali True Disjunctions it. At least I bag a couple neat spells from Kali before my overland enchantments offend her too much. Fed up with their antics, I revoke their magic privileges with my newly available spell: Suppress Magic. Suppress Magic takes a whopping 1250 mana to cast and lets Horus put up Wind Mastery again. But when its up, the other wizards get cockblocked HARD: They can't cast any magic unless it succeeds against a 500-point dispel. Sure, it costs 50 mana per turn, but I'm an Alchemist with Dwarves. That means I can turn Gold into Magic[Or vice versa] at a 1:1 ratio and I get a lot more gold from things. I'm easily getting 500 gold per turn, even as I lose 30 mana. Now, Suppress Magic only says that it blocks OVERLAND spells[Which seems to include summons and unit buffs]. I'm not sure if Disjunction or its variants count[Even if they do, a full strength one might overcome the dispel effect and remove Suppress Magic]. And everyone besides Freya starts casting one every few turns. I have to do two Spell Blasts each turn to keep up with them. And Ariel starts uselessly harassing my invisible Magic Spirit, so things are becoming tedious. So I start preparing my final blow: I begin researching Time Stop and making my invasion force[Nine Adamantine Hammerhands and nine Adamantine Steam Cannons for each wizard]. Meanwhile, I keep killing the Klackons Ariel sends at my invisible Magic Spirit with Psionic Blasts and Spell Blasting down peoples' Disjunctions. After a while, I notice they're Disjuncting less and less often. I take a look at the Magic screen and am amazed that my opponents seem to have NO gold or mana reserves[Kali still prepares a True Disjunction every so often and grows it by ~100 mana a turn, but that's manageable]. Now that I can take a small break from Spell Blasting, I cast Awareness and receive another shock: Freya only has two cities and her fortress is right next to my Arcanus colony[Which, despite the fact that everywizard else hates me, has remained unmolested]. I step up my invasion timetable and wipe out Freya relatively quickly[I lost seven out of nine Hammerhands to the octet of Priests she had guarding her fortress though]. Now that that's over with, I resume maintaining my supernatural cockblock of Spell Blast + Suppress Magic. Until I research Time Stop.Then I wait a few more times to accumulate more gold reserves and get the last of my invasion force ready. Then I cast Time Stop. While time is stopped, I send a force of 9 Hammerhands and 9 Steam Cannons to the fortresses of all the other wizards[Using Wind Walking to cross the water]. Since they all only got banished by this, I had to wipe out their empires. My Hammerhands wore out quickly, but my Steam Cannons proved more resilient: I would cast Mass Invisibility, to protect my Steam Cannons from ranged fire, and then fire away from safety until they all died. In games like these, I really love doing this. Being harmless, except in defense of my territory. Then, in a single night of blood and death, I destroy any opposition and win the game.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: February 03, 2016, 11:00:54 pm »

I absolutely annihilated Ares. By dropping bombs on him. Lots and lots of bombs.
... Who ever said you have to fight a god fair and square?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: February 04, 2016, 12:19:24 am »

... Who ever said you have to fight a god fair and square?
Sigged.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: February 04, 2016, 05:33:19 am »

Ralts absolutely dominated Brawly's gym, despite being a lower level than any of the gym's Pokemon. I suppose it helps that she now has a double type advantage.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: February 04, 2016, 06:17:16 am »

I (intentionally) blocked Reaper's Scythe with Nightmare's invincibility frames and (accidentally) denied my team's carry in the process.

Oh well, better to die by your own buddy's hands, right?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 708