Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1272167 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5820 on: April 11, 2016, 08:07:44 pm »

Blew up my first Hero. While he wasn't the lowest leveled guy around, but unlike the one that is, he didn't have a massive deathfleet show up. He was also in a freightliner, one of the least threatening ships there is.

Now I've got an extra $2 million, which will go good for when I purchase hijack somebody's cruiser and outfit it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: April 11, 2016, 08:58:16 pm »

Got to #2 as "Harmless Vultureworm"  My strat was pretty much what it says on the tin.  I found another worm/snake and followed them around eerily until they died so I could eat their body.  Taking no aggressive actions except to counter ones made against me.  After all aggressive actions require boosting, and boosting makes you fuck up.

Worked quite well.   I think being followed around by somebody with 'Vulture' in their name that seems perfectly happy to just shadow you and wait you out throws people off their game.

Slither.io
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:05:39 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: April 11, 2016, 09:12:53 pm »

Did you keep doing it as the second largest snake in the game?  Cause that's kinda a funny image if you did.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: April 11, 2016, 09:26:06 pm »

Yes,  I couldn't find the largest guy, (he was probably hiding off on a map edge or something) so I continued with the biggest snakes I could locate.    That eventually became my downfall though, they were more maneuverable than me and I was eventually too slow on my evade.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: April 11, 2016, 11:16:42 pm »

I tend to go by the name SnekkySnek, byraway. If you see me, stay clear :P

HappyBoa. Weird name, but meh.
The Penile Mangler or Der Penile Manglespetzen... ya.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: April 11, 2016, 11:16:50 pm »

Decided to play ARAM for shits and giggles, rolled up Taric alongside a team of Varus, Zyra, LeBlanc, and Ezreal.  Well okay then.  Game starts, and who is this assortment of characters up against?

Garen, Riven, J4, Yi, and Thresh.

Heheh.

I built full armor and health, and the enemy team did about as well as you might expect.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 06:38:27 pm by 4maskwolf »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: April 12, 2016, 12:32:38 pm »

Decided to play ARAM for shits and giggles, rolled up Taric alongside a team of Varus, Zyra, LeBlanc, and Ezreal.  Well okay then.  Game starts, and who is this assortment of characters up against?

Garen, Riven, J4, Yi, and Thresh.

Heheh.

I built full armor and health, and the game enemy team did about as well as you might expect.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
Lucky bastard. :P

I was a massive wall of "fuck you"
I'm sigging this.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: April 12, 2016, 05:04:34 pm »

RIP Taric, your kit was too niche-OP for this world.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: April 12, 2016, 05:17:59 pm »

First boss kill of Dark Souls 3. Screw you, Iudex whatever!

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: April 14, 2016, 12:03:34 am »

I got polymorphed into an ice-beast by Sigmund then I mauled him to death. Had 1 HP left by the end.

Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: April 14, 2016, 09:11:05 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: April 14, 2016, 10:19:26 pm »

Only my third time playing ANY democracy game, I WAS playing as Mauritius, which is probably the easiest of all of them in this game, but I managed to:
1) Fix the economy completely. It went from the literal minimum GDP to almost maximum.
2) Keep every group but 3 (patriots, capitalists and conservatives) in love with me. Or at worst, ambivalent.
3) Make my country a world leader in technology
4) Utterly remove the concept of rural living. There were NO members of the rural group, everyone lived in cities (caused some annoying problems, but no matter what I couldn't drop urbanisation without sabotaging my infrastructure, which would sabotage my economy)
5) Get reelected 4 times before deciding enough was enough and reducing the term length and limit to minimum.

So in all, my legacy was to just fix the country's problems, pull it out of debt (well, it was well on the way) and maintain a good GDP in spite of the fact that the world economy was basically dead for about 3/4 of the game thanks to constant economic slumps.

Democracy 3: Africa

I played Democracy 2, and it pretty much played out the same every time I played it (increasing welfare to keep folk happy and balancing everything else to not piss people off. Always ran a surplus :o)

Is Democracy 3 any better?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: April 15, 2016, 05:37:20 am »

We got a job to go into a biolab facility to do some cleanup after everything went to shit, me and 3 other runners are ready for some serious asskicking. 2 Street samourai, one mystical adept and a rigger, im the rigger. The only tool of my arsenal is a shotgun on me and a juggernaut drone, think of a 11 foot tall piece of hulking metal, basicly a mini mech with a big ass assault rifle.

We get into the facility and first thing we know.... there is stairs... Have you seen robocop 2 i think? Where the ED209 tries to use the stairs? well that.. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MS4sLlBvbE). Instead of trying to go down the stairs, my robot simply sat on his but and slided if all the way down... Imagine a 800kg robot sliding down stairs, yeah by the end there was no more stairs, only a big ass ramp. Its not over! now we need to use an elevator. Well try to go 4 fully geared runner with a total of about 1.5ton + a drone that weight 800kg by itself... yeah not gonna happen. Since my drone has a full sensor suit and is quite capable of taking a hit i feel confident to go in first with him. After about a 9 minute ride down my drone warn me about a big ass mass moving around... I told myself great! Im all alone... I quickly relay the information to the other runner who promptly rip the door of the elevator shaft open. The mage base jump down while preparing a levitation spell to slow his decent. One of the sam lock his rope repeling handle thingy (handle you can lock to a rope wich allows you to increase or decrease friction with some sort of pressure mecanism on a trigger) and start falling down as fast as possible while the other street sam wich is fucking agile start jumping wall to wall ( I think at that point the GM didnt really understood what he did, because if my elevator took 10 minute to reach bottom level, im quite sure at least 3 minute worth of wall jumping by that point ).

I prepare myself and i sit in a corner of the elevator where whatever is on the outside wont see me and i rig in ( Transfer my counsciousness inside my drone, thats what riggers can do ). The doors finaly open and i see a big hulking piece of deformed human flesh wich seams as hard as frigging steel rush toward me. I quickly prepare to fire my grenade but by the time i can finaly fire he is way too close for a safe explosion so i turn full auto and shoot it. he get staggered by the hits but NOTHING gets trough his hardened flesh. He try to punch the drone, good thing i am now the drone because innate drone program are crap to control the drones, they are basicly like dog brain. I easily dodge the hit and open fire as i move on the side. I shoot again full auto and he falls down, uncounscious but breathing. I slowly but my drones feet on his head and put the full 800kg weight of metal on his skull. Its not pretty.

I come back to my body and the drone slowly shakes his foot to clear the mess it did. Finaly, the other runners comes down trough the hatch of the elevator and join me. Lucky enough the fight didnt trigger anything else around. We start searching while my big ass drone, affectionaly renamed C3-Pissoff keep scanning using its sensors for anything that moves with his full sensor suits. Everything is fine and we are now in a old abandoned subway, call the metro and fast forward untill the end of the run, pretty unventfull from my side of the story, we did get a couple of skirmish but nothing really interesting as most of the time when it happent it was the other team member who took care of them.

Anyway by the end of job only one place was remaining and we gathered information that the thing on the other side if huge as in REAL huge. Door is pounding and scratching but the door doesnt give up. Nobody wants to open the door so i task my drone to open the door and get the hell back to the firing line. A couple ghouls, zombies and 2 lickers ( think resident evil 2 ) comes out. One licker spits something toward me and i barely dodge it. As we keep firing on anything that move, that thing.... take one massive and fast leap from the dark of the room and jump on my drone, pounding it with his 2 arms... i tought my drone was done for and its a frigging mini tank. Everything flashes, as i turn around to see whats going on, i see my drone pushing the beast back with his leg, push himself penibly backward while trying to get a bead on the beast and fires, the beast give in and fall back on my juggernaut. When i assessed the damage it was critical, poor C3-Pissoff nearly bit the dust here. Mission complete with no casualty, nobody injured beside my poor metalic friend who nearly got totalled in one hit. If it would have been ANYONE else.... they would be dead by now.

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: April 15, 2016, 04:43:45 pm »

Got into online battling on the cart for the first time in a long while, even knowing exactly what it's like.  Which means I'm basically beating up dragons, dinosaurs, the occasional eldritch abomination from another universe, and sundry other legendary beasts with a little fluffy chinchilla.  It was a bit of fun for a lark, I must admit, and the losses so far have been just as good as the wins.

EDIT:
Oh, and I finally got off my lazy posterior and finished the last two trade evos via Global Trade abuse to finish my Pokedex for the first time ever.  So...ummm, I suppose there is that, too.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:53:17 pm by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: April 15, 2016, 05:13:52 pm »

You're saying Cinccino is a good Pokemon?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 708