Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1272485 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6090 on: May 28, 2016, 08:10:35 am »

Wanted to see how well my very melee oriented jedi guardian would do in the first solo fight against Malak.  He was hitting me for 10s and 20 damage, I had well in excess of 200 hit points.  I was hitting him for around 30-50.  I could have killed him then and there but nooooo plot had to take over.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: May 28, 2016, 04:10:53 pm »

Wanted to see how well my very melee oriented jedi guardian would do in the first solo fight against Malak.  He was hitting me for 10s and 20 damage, I had well in excess of 200 hit points.  I was hitting him for around 30-50.  I could have killed him then and there but nooooo plot had to take over.

Spoiler: Funny bit (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: May 28, 2016, 04:41:11 pm »

Spoiler: Funny bit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6093 on: May 28, 2016, 07:36:59 pm »

Been playing one of my all-time favourite games, Evil Cult simulator - utterly timeless. Very simple, the goal is to make your cult either dominate the world in order to summon your cult's end times, or summon your cult's end times to dominate the world. You take over nodes with your various influence resources, from intimidation to bribery and persuasion, with virgins being your special resource for performing rituals / flexible operations. You can't take over an influence producing node controlled by a rival cult if it's connected to three other nodes, so you have to take down at least one of the node's allies before swooping in to poach them for your cause. At this point my cult has spread through and destroyed the Manipulators and the Frozen Dream - yet we had a setback when the Drowned declared war upon us whilst we were being picked apart by an investigator. After some crises management later the Cult of the Elder God managed a massive retaliation against the Drowned, pushing them back to their origin. At last until we reached this - four generator nodes all interconnected and all supporting one another. Manfred Bouton, Politician and Neophyte of the Drowned. Leonid Stewart, University Professor and Adept of the Drowned. Kevin Lecointe, Army Officer and secret Priest of the Drowned. Scott Guerin, Corporate Worker and the Origin Priest of the Drowned. Top right corner.

I've been playing Cult Simulator religiously for more than 5 years and never before seen anything like this - it should be mathematically improbable to the point of impossibility. The invincible rhombus is supposed to be hypothetical... A theoretical cult vortex of power - and it is revealed!

Praise the Cult of the Random Number God!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: May 28, 2016, 08:07:41 pm »

Me and a friend have been on a winning streak lately, and been playing against the same guy over and over. It's already become an in-joke.

Heroes of the Storm

By the way, why do people keep spoilering the game?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: May 28, 2016, 08:17:47 pm »

As Mei, I got 15 eliminations, no deaths, an achievement for keeping the attackers off the payload for one minute (at the start of the round, no less!), Play of the Game, and 10 commends on the results screen.

Not bad for my first day playing the game!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: May 28, 2016, 08:33:27 pm »

Uploaded my first plane. Someone said it was awesome.

SimplePlanes

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: May 28, 2016, 08:49:23 pm »

I've been playing Cult Simulator religiously

I see.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: May 28, 2016, 09:18:48 pm »

I've been able to keep the city completely safe, for the most part.

Now all I have to do is upgrade everything to the max....

Well shit.

Militia training is a pain in the ass...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6099 on: May 28, 2016, 09:20:48 pm »

I've been playing Cult Simulator religiously
I see.
    ^
\_o_/
 | |
 | |

P R A I S E   R N G

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: May 29, 2016, 04:20:10 pm »

I was playing Commander at my LGS with my Mizzix deck, and everybody was just sort of building up their board. I had a little bit of board presence, but everybody was drowning in mana because somebody played a spell which doubled all mana. Sadly, i had to leave soon. Then I saw a line of play that I would be satisfied doing before leaving. First of all, I had a Reins of Power in hand and a Geistblast in my graveyard. One of my opponents had a huge dragon (his commander) that could one-shot somebody, plus a Xenagos. However, everybody had at least one flier. The smallest one was, naturally, in the WG deck, just before me in the turn order. I asked the player to get rid of his flier for me. He trusted me enough to do it,and attacked his 1/1 into my 5/5. Then I took the turn. Played a land. I cast Reins of Power, targeting the player with the huge dragon. I held priority and copied the Reins with Geistblast, targeting the player without fliers. I now had the huge dragon, the previous owner of the dragon now had no fliers, and the WG player had my commander, a random dragon, and the fourth player's commander. I made the dragon huge, and attacked.

This is why I like playing Mizzix.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: May 29, 2016, 11:14:56 pm »

I'm a Nightblade in my current game. That means that most of the time I use magic to enhance my guy's stealth capabilities and stab people in their butts. However, this fails to work a lot of the time, so I've been training in Destruction so I can easily blow people up if stealth fails. While screwing around in the spellmaker, I came up with my character's new signature move, which I named Blizzard Fist like the weirdass that I am. It is a melee-range spell which creates a good 10 meter wide explosion of ice around whoever it hits. After creating it, I used it to kill everyone in the Mage's Guild in a couple of seconds.

I'm starting to think magic was a little OP in the older TES games.

Morrowind.

Also, enchantments still rarely work for significant things, but when they do they're awesome. Turning items into spells which don't use magicka, recharge on their own, and can be used instantly? Yes please.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: May 30, 2016, 02:33:57 am »

That's because it was considered a limited resource. Having an attack that can't miss is balanced out by you only being able to cast it, say, 10 times before needing to rest. Then again, you can just rest and recover after every fight...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: May 30, 2016, 02:56:45 am »

Been playing one of my all-time favourite games, Evil Cult simulator

Thank you SO MUCH for this! I heard about this game from your post, and I already played for about 3 - 4 hours.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6104 on: May 30, 2016, 06:25:38 am »

That's because it was considered a limited resource. Having an attack that can't miss is balanced out by you only being able to cast it, say, 10 times before needing to rest. Then again, you can just rest and recover after every fight...
But then Alchemy and Enchanting come into play and it becomes truly broken.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 708