Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1272290 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6180 on: June 05, 2016, 11:42:16 pm »

Perfect tamed a level 135 Megalodon.

Ark: Survival Evolved.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: June 06, 2016, 12:27:58 am »

Edgy, and efficient.
I knew what game and character before I even clicked back a page.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: June 06, 2016, 08:15:58 pm »

Sven apparently thought that him and me (Pheonix) would be enough to secure a rune against 3 enemies.  Cause he's Sven I guess, but it didn't work.  He runs in, loses all his health frighteningly quickly, and then runs out.  However, on the stairs leading out of the river I managed to delay the 3 people chasing him via sick bodyblocks.  Tinker and Mirana both chase him all the way to our T2 tower where Tinker dies and Mirana gets very weakened.  Sven manages to escape and I dive on top of Mirana with Icarus Dive and finish her off with right clicks.

Not sure if anyone noticed or realized that my bodyblocks were on purpose, but they very much were.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: June 07, 2016, 04:40:17 pm »

I won the "Merger Mania" scenario without actually performing any mergers.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: June 07, 2016, 11:58:53 pm »

Playing a bit of Homeworld: Remastered on family PC, and I just noticed that Salvage Corvettes (my ♥) can capture Turanic Raider...fighters. Unlike other fighters and interceptors of the Taiidan.

Cue mission 2 having me fight back with nothing but 14 salvage corvettes and building up ~the whole Mothership hold (50/50+) of nice fighters, and missile/standard corvettes! :3
Cue next mission in which you save the cryo trays! Only DARN thing in the way is that the next mission scales ASSAULT FRIGATES to how much fleet you've got. It's OK, actually, since it's 2 salvage c's to a frigate. It's NOT OK when there's a KNOWN BUG in Homeworld:Remastered that doesn't let you keep any of the frigates :I (I tried doing some save magic and managed to keep 2 of the frigates in the Mothership dock--do NOT LAUNCH). This bug is seen when after the cutscene of Karak being bombarded and having its atmosphere bombed out, despite having a line of assault frigates being towed in--they don't get towed in and you've to destroy them one by one or you can't hyperspace out.

That said, did a bit of research on the Turanic Raiders and apparently, the standard fighter is a practical response--albeit a BIT slower but half more hp than the standard "Blade" Kushan Interceptor/Scout (75 vs 50) and still hit as hard as the Interceptor. The Standard Corvette is also labeled as a 'Salvage/Combat' ship, and there is notably a button in the function menu that separates "Salvage" and "Salvage/Capture" (The latter is what the Salvage Corvette does). Sadly I can't find any way in which the Salvage option is used...and despite reading up the lore on the Standard Turanic Corvette, I can't find how this Salvage thing works :I (First thoughts were: Ooooo, I get another salvage unit!)

Basepoint: All their units are belong to me. :3 And I'm currently in the Citadel of Kadesh mission with 30k+ UI. (I spent money on completing all the Aux hubs of the Science vessel, for the circle. :v). Time to blindspot me some nice frigates. \o/

*The game scales how many ships the enemy has, to your approximate fleet. Me having a ton of Turanic salvage made the Cryo Tray mission have ~7 assault frigates instead of the usual 2-4. (GRR THAT BUG!)
Pretty tough getting 5 Destroyers when you first meet them and they all rush you in that one mission of VENGEANCE FOR THE HOMEWORLD. 4 to 1! But easily distracted!

Edit: I have no idea how salvage/captured ships are repainted, but I'm blaming the Assault Frigate bug on that it took one of my 2 captured frigates to be painted in our stylish teal and white, while leaving the other one in its original colors.
...My fleet is multicolored in my faction and the Taiidan. :v I have no idea what determines ships to be recolored into ours.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:00:43 am by Tiruin »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: June 08, 2016, 02:27:37 am »

Set an all time heal record as Medic in one life. 8450hp healed, then the next life was 9200 hp. This was on pl_barnblitz, where the enemy team absolutely steamrolled our defenses up until the last point, at which point I went Medic with Quick-Fix, keeping the entire team propped up and healed. It helped that Barnblitz's last point is extremely choky, as there's one narrow hallway for the cart, another very narrow hallway up stairs, and a third exit above the right hand side, which is hopelessly exposed to snipers.

The class distribution of my team was quite sane (two soldiers, pyro, two demomen, engineer, two medics, two heavies, a sniper and a spy) , and as a result we managed to hold back the enemy team for eight long minutes.

It was glorious.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: June 09, 2016, 11:34:32 am »

Bismarck with Raging Barbarians is absolutely hilarious. I maintained the strongest economy in the world with 0 GPT through the entire early game.

This made everything past the early game pretty easy. I launched an attack at my biggest competitor, China, who was conveniently my nearest neighbor, and took their capital. In a later war, I also took Shangai. When the "richest people" rankings came up, I was at a comfortable 9000 gold, while the next richest civ was Carthage with 300. everybody else was basically bankrupt.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6187 on: June 09, 2016, 12:23:32 pm »

So I pulled a Malygos from my Brawl pack. I decided to build a full-face priest deck to go with it.

Game one, mage. Goes okay, then I draw Malygos, and the game is over in two turns.
Game two, instaconcede priest. Huh?
Game three, Malygos didn't even come into play. Becuase I Thoughtstole a Thaurissan. Six mana mind control? Don't mind if I do. Free mind blasts? Sure! Holy Nova for two? Excellent! Yeah, I felt bad for the other player.

Hearthstone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: June 09, 2016, 01:59:04 pm »

Managed to win a game (and even complete my compendium quest with 2 stars) as a CM support by working very closely with the three other players on my team; all while the last player spent the entire early game insulting me and asking me to leave the lane, then the remainder of the game insulting me for leaving the lane (and therefore being "bad") or insulting other players on the team and spamming "gg, report X" whenever anyone else on our team died ever (or even looked like they were about to die, which looked kinda stupid when they didn't and turned around to get 2-3 kills :P), and spending pretty much the rest of his time just afk farming and occasionally dying when he tried to solo gank 3 of them.

Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: June 09, 2016, 03:26:45 pm »

Sauron's armies emerged victorious over Middle-Earth.

Defeating Gondor was surprisingly easy. A lot more fighting came from the Silvan elves and Dale. The elves have archers that wreck orc armies, and unlike the other orc factions, Mordor's only cavalry is from Nazgul generals and mercs. Dale took out the Easterlings in Rhun without me noticing until they followed up by attacking Mordor from behind. I had to deploy the witch king on a counter-offensive to Dale, then send him up to take Thranduil's halls away from the elves.

I feel bad for Rohan. They did fine at first, but then the first two Evil Invasions caused the Misty Mountain orcs to take Edoras, and the Gundabad orcs to take Helm's Deep. Rohan eventually got Helm's Deep back, but by then they had been whittled down to three provinces. Theoden died trying to prevent my armies from taking over Eastern Rohan and using it as a training ground for sending armies against Lorien. His father, Thengal, survived to see Helm's Deep fall again to my forces, but died on the second to last turn, after his settlement was taken by an army from Isengard. The last general of Rohan was told he was the king of Rohirrim as two Mordor stacks led by Nazgul began to besiege his settlement.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: June 09, 2016, 03:33:22 pm »

Rest in peace, oh sweet Gondor-You called for aid but none came. Fuck Elves.

Now I want to play the LOTR mod for mount and blade again...
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: June 09, 2016, 07:47:36 pm »

Don't you mean "You called for help but nobody came"?

Anyway, the most frequently used weapons I've seen (spawn weapons, not ones from chests) are the Colt Navy, Sawn/Sawed-Off Shotgun, and the Hatchet. Until today, my favorite weapon was the Navy (I hadn't touched the Sawn-Off or Hatchet because I didn't want to employ the tactics that made them most effective [Ambushing and Charging respectively]).

Then I gave the Volcanic pistol a try.

It's fast, can still deal a good amount of damage, costs the same as the Navy (Two stars), holds many more bullets than the Navy, and has roughly the same notoriety reward (Up to a base 10 points).

While I didn't exactly own the servers I was on, I was able to get third place three times in a row on the same server!

I think the Volcanic is going to be my mainstay now!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: June 09, 2016, 08:16:04 pm »

Don't you mean "You called for help but nobody came"?

Anyway, the most frequently used weapons I've seen (spawn weapons, not ones from chests) are the Colt Navy, Sawn/Sawed-Off Shotgun, and the Hatchet. Until today, my favorite weapon was the Navy (I hadn't touched the Sawn-Off or Hatchet because I didn't want to employ the tactics that made them most effective [Ambushing and Charging respectively]).

Then I gave the Volcanic pistol a try.

It's fast, can still deal a good amount of damage, costs the same as the Navy (Two stars), holds many more bullets than the Navy, and has roughly the same notoriety reward (Up to a base 10 points).

While I didn't exactly own the servers I was on, I was able to get third place three times in a row on the same server!

I think the Volcanic is going to be my mainstay now!

It's quite a reliable weapon, especially if you're going akimbo with something like a Navy or a Schofield. The Volcanic's comparatively low recoil lets followups from the stronger guns be achieved more easily, and in reverse, a 1-2 from a stronger pistol and the Volcanic does enough to kill at close range.

The volcanic's only downside is its huge reload time, though it's still faster than the Colt Walker.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: June 09, 2016, 08:42:10 pm »

Try wielding it left handed.  Left handed Volcanic reaches its peak accuracy faster than the recoil animation can finish.  So you can shoot, shuffle two steps to the right or left, shoot again, shuffle again, shoot again, ect.  If you're experienced with the technique your reticule will reach its smallest size the exact time that the animation finishes, so you'll be firing as quickly and accurately as possible while constantly dodging.

Same strat works for the Mare's Leg and the Peacekeeper.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: June 09, 2016, 11:33:01 pm »

So last time I was playing Homeworld: Remastered, and found my tactical niche still applicable in most strategy games. It's a good de-stresser, personally. And I'm still feeling a bit sick! So deciding to play this as a de-stresser helped a lot. Many things I've learned compared to HW1 (Classic) are...that it's primarily a very nice and simple story.

This time, I'm flopping on myself in wondering why I scrapped Ion Array frigates for the monies, because I'm rich :I
Note to self: Only Recycle when in desperate times or when captured ships are less efficient than Kushan ones (especially Carriers once you are able to make them).
*Turanic Raider ships captured do not add to the ship cap. At all. (At least, in Homeworld 1)
But it seems I've got it rolling to make the rest of the missions easy. However I did NOT expect the fleet-# scaling factor to rise so sharply...that in Mission 8, I went up against 36+ Multi-Beam Frigates (barrel rolling heat rays of ancestorial death). Managed to capture them all; lost a few at the initial stages, had to use my huge fleet of every-frigate-ever to distract and run.
VERY glad for the patch, as it gave the Evasive/Aggressive/Neutral tactics back! All power to engines!

The Ghost Ship mission--if you did NOT bother to scale down your fleet and had captured nearly everything before that, shall spawn at least 72 assault Taiidan frigates. All easily owned by spending ~55 plasma bombers and 1 scout to distract. :3 (I lost only 14 bombers to the cross-fire...and speed).

Now I'm in Mission 14, Bridge of Sighs. 100k+ credits. :3
With 150+ frigates at my command, NOTHING SHALL STOP ME FROM REACHING HIIGARA.
(Other than Gravity Well Generators since I take the pacifist route in salvaging and capturing everything.)
Spoiler: Homeworld:Remastered (click to show/hide)

Edit: Just remembered that the wiki says 'you may meet 16 maximum MBF in the Cathedral of Kadesh'.
...Man that surprised me seeing otherwise. >_> Glad I took minimum losses.
In hindsight, I guess that means the maximum to the lower limit count of the Mothership Fleet.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:09:17 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 708