Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273974 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6270 on: June 29, 2016, 02:38:53 pm »

Decided to try a dumb sentry gun build, and just used my Maniac perk deck because its the best deck I have for loud.

Turns out that with scavenger aced, sentries earn their ammo back with ease. And they are great at keeping up hysteria stacks. Any heist where you have to hold a position for a long time this build works far better than it has any right to. The only disadvantage is that you sort of have to walk into enemy territory to collect ammo, but with the insane tankiness you (and your entire team) gets from hysteria stacks, that's not that much of a problem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: June 29, 2016, 03:27:13 pm »

Spoiler: Haters gonna hate. (click to show/hide)
It may kill me in two hits, but only if I don't kill it first.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: June 29, 2016, 04:13:05 pm »

Game is Salt and Sanctuary since they forgot again.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6273 on: June 29, 2016, 04:16:52 pm »

Game is Salt and Sanctuary since they forgot again.
No Blaze just never puts it up. He does it on purpose.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: June 29, 2016, 11:41:00 pm »

After failing to find myself a team who could help me challenge Dalamadur so I could raise my HR to 8, I decided I'd just take the opportunity to fight some regular monsters with other people, since I'm used to soloing multiplayer missions and it'd be a nice change of pace.

I joined someone else's game, a Charge Blade user. I was using my Light Bowgun, another person was using an Insect Glaive and another was using a Greatsword. We challenged a Silver Rathalos.

Working with a team which actually knows what it's doing and works as a team is fucking amazing. To start off, I shot Crag S into the Rathalos' head, eventually stunning it and creating an opening for the others to attack. Not long after, the IG user jumped up onto its back and did a mounting attack, creating yet another opening for the CB and GS to attack relentlessly before the monster had hardly any chance to react. As soon as it got up from that, someone else used a flashbomb, blinding it and creating yet another opening. Eventually, all of us attacking the monster's armor nonstop allowed us to damage it in quite a few places, creating plenty of weak spots for us to continue attacking until the monster died. What took me 30 minutes to kill by myself took all of us less than 5 minutes to kill together.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Kicking ass as part of a team is insanely fun.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: June 30, 2016, 07:18:14 am »

12 pounder status: REKT

The only heal was from the arbalest and I did not even get a death door. The houndmaster bled the matchman at every turn with some stunning support, then guarded the wounded during the final cleanup.

He also ate the hag, guarded against the prophet and the swine prince, removed prot from enemies on the way to the siren, stress healed in front of the necromancer, and opened a fine meat market after meeting the flesh.

The houndmaster is the best class of the game.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:24:20 am by Boltgun »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: June 30, 2016, 09:36:19 am »

Oh, so that's an Imperator Titan. *watches as Tau base is vaporized from halfway across a 6-player-sized map in under a minute*

Took nearly an hour to build it, though.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: June 30, 2016, 11:11:48 am »

Instead of fighting seriously, I decided I'd just make one retarded movement and watch what happened. As my opponent prepared an attack, I bent over forwards in preperation. Just as he got close to me, I straightned up as quick as I could and slammed my crotch into him with a mighty thrust. I fell backwards, and as my arms were already stretched out to the sides with my chest forwards, I caught myself with the backs of my hands and kept my body off the ground. I lay there as my opponent reeled back from my powerful pelvic pounding, struggling to stand, and eventually falling out of the ring. He insulted me, saying "what a fucking noob move" and ragequitting so fast that my head spun.

Toribash
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:13:43 am by IronTomato »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: June 30, 2016, 11:32:54 am »

Nice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: June 30, 2016, 11:57:50 am »

IronTomato confirmed for balls of literal steel.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: June 30, 2016, 01:37:14 pm »

Badasha Adum was a god among men. Beloved by his peers, a 23-point brilliant tactician, and owner of a mighty demense, he never dealt with a revolt in his life, pulling 10k troops out of 9 counties, and hiring mercenaries with his signifigant 47-gold a month cash input. He came into power in his early 30s, as a result of the ridiculously long-lived Sultan Adum, who outlived his first pair of sons and at 70 years old had to wage a campaign against the Norse and lead all his armies into battle before finally succumbing to death. Badasha Adum saw the Marrakeshian conquest of Ireland and the Invasion of Scotland before dying a maimed cripple at the age of 63.
If Badasha Adum was a man's man, his successor, also Badasha Adum, was not. He's stupid, and ugly, and I'm not sure which is worse. However, being an ugly stupid hunchback did not stop him from staging the Invasion of Mercia, securing the Marrakeshian sultanate of England, and securing all of the United Kingdom except a few independent counties that will be dealt with when his threat level falls and the Viceroy of Ireland stops revolting every two years before being defeated and killed.

Crusader Kings 2
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:05:53 pm by Lukewarm »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: June 30, 2016, 08:37:54 pm »

Have gotten to the 1950s with my company Proletarian Autos, on a lark I decided to develop a steam engine, 100 horsepower one, then decided to put it into a station wagon. Which is now selling like hot cakes, up to 50k sold a month.  People just fucking love their steam powered station wagon.

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6282 on: July 01, 2016, 05:00:32 am »

Mindgames put a Reno into the battlefield. Okay, Reno warrior. That's unusual. Some time later, Mind Vision puts a Gorehowl into my hand. Niice. Incidentally, that saves me from losing. Some time later, the Gorehowl gives me the last five face damage I need after a Malygos combo. I'd love to say I won on good play, but...

Hearthstone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: July 01, 2016, 10:03:44 am »

So I was stuck in a medium-high security prison. Plenty of guards, k9s and metal detectors everywhere. The doors were mostly electronically operated, just as icing on the cake. As such it was difficult to steal and hide anything for an escape attempt, so I putzed around a little bit, beating up furniture and/or people for points. And then I realized that you could just walk out of the place. :v

You see, while all of the doors were electronically operated, the creator of the prison never declared that the part of the prison where trucks and the like would come in was off-limits to prisoners. But once you got there you were stuck, since the guards were smart enough not to open any more doors for you... But the gates that allowed the trucks to come in were on timers. Very short timers that caused traffic to back up. Which meant that the last gate was stuck open, thanks to the traffic blocking it. Traffic which I would just walk past, through the open gate, and out to freedom.

Not the best-designed prison I've ever seen, honestly.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: July 01, 2016, 11:50:10 am »

Ooh, I should get that!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 708