Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292540 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6480 on: July 29, 2016, 10:32:28 pm »

Killed over a dozen orcs through the use of supreme tactics

Realms of Arkania 2: Star Trail
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: July 30, 2016, 12:36:21 am »

I won, surpassing my old high score by over a million points. By the skin of my teeth, with no extra lives[Although I got one AFTER the boss fight]. Only TWO Cherry Borders, three bombs and no small amount of skill and determination let me survive Resurrection Butterfly. Mind you, the only reason I was out of extra lives was because my X key kept ignoring my inputs during the final boss and Youmu. Without that, it wouldn't have been as much of a contest.

Something that I've been noticing is that I seem to get an inordinate amount of Cherry Borders during Yuyuko's fight. I think that you might get more Cherry during it, to make it more dramatic, sort of like how your health bar hovers at a tiny sliver during the final boss fight in Undertale. Makes it so you're more desperate and it feels more exciting. Definitely works. I've rarely felt so relieved and exhilarated after finishing a game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: July 30, 2016, 03:20:25 am »

I've murdered the Altos, the Landgraabs, and I'm almost through with the Goths.  My Sim's at the top of his career, with numerous partnerships with various businesses earning simoleons every week, he's poised to become richest Sim in sunset valley within a lifetime.

Sims 3
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:30:13 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: July 30, 2016, 06:44:41 am »

Killed over a dozen orcs through the use of supreme tactics

Realms of Arkania 2: Star Trail

I fail to see supreme tactics there. For one, you're surrounded. For two, I see the corpses of several of your team right next to you.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: July 30, 2016, 12:50:47 pm »

I fail to see supreme tactics there. For one, you're surrounded. For two, I see the corpses of several of your team right next to you.

There is no way not to be surrounded in that fight or in most fights in Realms of Arkania. The tactic is to get as little orcs in attack range as possible, so that's what I did. There are no diagonal attacks in the game so only my dwarf was being attacked by multiple orcs.

As for the corpses, well, they're not corpses. Just unconscious dudes. One of them is a NPC who I can't control, and the other is an elf PC I couldn't get out of the battle in time.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:05:13 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: July 30, 2016, 06:14:16 pm »

There has been no Miracle at Dunkirk, this time, I have ensured. Over 300,000 allied troops have surrendered.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: July 30, 2016, 07:24:52 pm »

During a successful attempt to retake Chac Intel Hub, I was one of the first to storm the spawn room once the shields switch sides. One NC trooper was there, and met his end at the barrel of my carbine.

That kill got me the final medal for said carbine, which requires 1160 total kills, though if the weapon can be used by multiple classes(this one can), then kills from all classes count. I also got 200 certs for the medal.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: July 31, 2016, 07:32:58 am »

Goonstation, popped in mid-game on Destiny.

From what I understand, we had 6 players. Me (Quartermaster), a geneticist, a chemist, a clown, a doctor, and AI.

Everyone started doing their own thing; with no requests or things to sell, I broke into the mining section to make some cash as there was no Head to change IDs.

As I came back to cargo, there was an explosion in the cargo bay's wall. There, an "unhinged scientist" had come through the blast door saying things like "Save me...". A call had come in about a scientist missing; thinking this was him, I dragged him over to medbay for treatment. He was already in a straight-jacket with no visible wounds, a health analysis turned up nothing, and with no access to health analyzer upgrades; I stuffed him in a sleeper pod and left him for the doctor.

I mined some more, and suddenly EXPLOSION. I ran back to medbay (thank you admin for reminding me, and yes I am horrendously dense). Medbay was essentially destroyed, a whole bunch of martian rock turned up in its place, and the scientist which I had left there was now hostile, and ON FIRE.

He chased me down the hallway, throwing scalpels at me, severely injuring me. I managed to escape by crawling back to the cargo bay. I waited until I stabilized, and then crawled through maintenance to get away. Along the way, I slipped on some oil, and accidentally clicked on an artifact while trying to get my stuff. It "unsheathed an extensive array of weapons" and started glowing, so I booked it out of there.

AI let me through hydroponics and back into the main hall. The scientist was locked in the lower hallway, and I met up with our doctor and geneticist (on a stretcher). When the doctor ran off to grab some recovery items, our chemist came in and forcefed the geneticist a "Fucksyouup pill"; somehow this magically healed her at the cost of slurring her speech. The doctor then fixed me up.

The geneticist ran off to fix her speech, the chemist ran back to her lab, the doctor went back to formulate more medicines, leaving me to ponder what to do next. There was an artifact that appeared along with the scientist, but I was incredibly reluctant to use it; seeing as my previous interaction with an artifact was not very inspiring.

While I was pondering, I remembered the artifact I ran into in maintenance; and ran back to it. Along the way, the clown tried to fight the scientist and was promptly asploded, triggering the escape shuttle. As I dragged the artifact back, I was stuck behind the hydroponics door, the AI had to do some diagnostics (i.e. bathroom I suppose). When he/she got back, the chemist had lured the scientist into the common rooms, where she then triggered a full beaker of plasma, destroying most of the commons and blowing the scientist into a small room; where the AI bolted it shut. The scientist then took the chemist's russian revolver and shot itself in the head. It survived.

I dragged the artifact in front of the door, triggered it, then got the AI to open the door. The artifact started shooting quark bolts at the scientist. I didn't stick around and ran to the escape shuttle and several things happened.

1. The doctor somehow got the security room open.
2. The geneticist had dragged all the birds in the topiary into the shuttle.
3. A bunch of naked npcs magically appeared in the shuttle and promptly started beating each other to death.

We locked ourselves (and the birds) in the security room and I welded the door shut just as the shuttle left. However, just before the end of the trip, an explosion appeared and the scientist teleported into the shuttle. We were safe, as we were in a welded room; but as soon as we arrived, the scientist turned into a massive black hole and tore the door off its hinges.

The doctor got sucked in and died, the geneticist died trying to save the birds, and the birds and npcs all got sucked in.. The blackhole disappeared and I was the only one left standing. managing to survive by clinging to the wall.

My favorite discourses was with the AI (the others didn't seem to talk much).

As I was escaping through maintenance.
AI: The scientist appears to be burning, yet is no worse for it.
Me: Extrapolate possible countermeasures.
AI: You can escape through botany, into the northern hallway.
Me: Hydroponics, perhaps we can smoke it to death.

After being healed and pondering the scientist's artifact.
Me: Doctor, do you have anything for "Severe reluctance to handle unknown, possibly lethal, alien device"?
Chemist: I have another pill!
Me: I'll... pass thanks...

On clown death and fetching artifact.
AI: Mr. Muffles attempted to kill the scientist and has spontaneously combusted.
Me: Well, that's one possibility down. One zillion more to go.
Me: Computer, artifact, when touched, reveals perturbing amounts of weaponry. Extrapolate possibility of automatically acquiring nearby targets.
AI: Highly likely.
AI: Although, there exists a possibility that it reveals those weapons to be used by others.
AI: Possibility of either is estimated to be 70/30.
Me: So 70/30 chance of killing super scientist or giving super scientist alien super weapons?
AI: Correct.
Me: I'll take those odds.

On chemist death.
AI: (Chemist name) has destroyed a large portion of the common area with fire.
Me: Elaborate.
AI: (Chemist) lit a beaker full of plasma, before throwing it at the scientist, setting herself, the scientist, and the surrounding area on fire.
Me: She tried to set... an already burning scientist... on fire...
AI: That appears to be the case.
AI: The scientist then picked up (Chemist)'s russian revolver, and shot himself in the head.
AI: He then stood back up.
Me: So he's already de-Oh.
Me: Alright then, first open this door. Then, extrapolate possible swear-words to describe our current situation.
AI: The ship is fucked.
Me: Couldn't have put it better myself.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: July 31, 2016, 04:55:58 pm »

Being the experienced soldier I am (I've never played the game before) I set up  my machinegun in a tactical position overlooking likely enemy approach (I just sort of went prone in the middle of the street with my MG) and ambushed and killed a group of enemies who didn't see me, as they ran down the street.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: July 31, 2016, 06:50:44 pm »

Am called in as a sentinel to defend a player. As soon as I show up, the invader panics and runs away. He gets a lightning spear to the back and a mock gesture. Bow to the host and host bows back, go back to own world with a successful intervention under my belt, especially since these are sparse nowadays.

Dark Souls 2: Waifu of the First Sin
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: July 31, 2016, 07:03:16 pm »

Defeated Lynx and got the "Not a Chance" achievement.

Shadow Fight 2.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: July 31, 2016, 08:40:29 pm »

Our advance into the Soviet Union has begun, and we've already captured Soviet tanks. A T-34 and a KV-1, and the KV-1 is actually better than the KV-1s they have, that I've seen thus far. Nothing will go wrong, we will win easily.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: July 31, 2016, 08:58:21 pm »

Are you allowed to use captured tanks?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: July 31, 2016, 09:25:09 pm »

Yes, capturing certain points gives you a captured unit, and you can keep them with you as any other unit. But they can't be upgraded to a more modern form of that unit, they'll get outdated in a couple of years. Particularly when we start getting Panthers and Tigers and they start getting T-34-85s. We also have two French heavy tanks and a British heavy tank.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6494 on: July 31, 2016, 10:43:35 pm »

Are you allowed to use captured tanks?
IRL in WW2 captured tanks were painted with the correct identifying symbols and used.
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 709