Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289455 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6540 on: August 08, 2016, 01:08:52 am »

Wait, what? What caused that? Just her strength stat going up? I've never recruited her; I might have to now just to see that. O.o
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: August 08, 2016, 02:05:04 am »

I made it to the Canadian border!
Spoiler: game (click to show/hide)
Edit: While we're talking about ridiculous characters from Death Road to Canada, I found Horse:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:14:13 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: August 08, 2016, 02:20:25 am »

Wait, what? What caused that? Just her strength stat going up? I've never recruited her; I might have to now just to see that. O.o

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: August 08, 2016, 05:35:36 am »

Beat the Pizza Slime on the first try. Heck, I only took two hits, and that was when she split herself in three and the middle one popped up right under me with no warning.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: August 08, 2016, 08:46:57 pm »

I hunted Tetsucabra, and for once it didn't completely wipe out my potion supply! A relatively straightforward hunt where nothing went horrendously awry.

I also have a full set of Tetsucabra gear now, though I'm not entirely sure what the implications of that are.

MH4U.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: August 08, 2016, 09:32:33 pm »

I hunted Tetsucabra, and for once it didn't completely wipe out my potion supply! A relatively straightforward hunt where nothing went horrendously awry.

I also have a full set of Tetsucabra gear now, though I'm not entirely sure what the implications of that are.

MH4U.
- You have resistance to the extremely-common Fire element, slight resistance to the rare Dragon element, and weakness to the relatively rare water element and relatively common thunder element.
- You have the Health +20 skill, which means you'll always have +20 maximum health, even if you get killed and lose your food powers. At this early stage of the game, that is quite handy.
- You have the Defense Up (S) skill, which means your defense is equal to the sum of your armor's defense + 15.
- Unfortunately, you also have Gathering -1, which means that sometimes you'll have fewer chances to gather from gathering points. Since this shouldn't really come into play on regular hunts, remember to take your Tetsucabra gear off when you go to collect honey or whatever.

Tetsucabra is a pretty good set. It should last you through low rank.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: August 09, 2016, 04:46:56 pm »

Beat the game, despite some of the sloppiest playing ever[Before I switched to IN, I'd just lost to Ran's Tenko Illusion four times in a row, mostly due to running into her first couple non-spells]. Eirin is a fun boss. Not wimpy like Remilia or annoying like Ran, but at a nice point in between. Still, this game just doesn't feel as hard as the first couple did. Probably because I got quite good at hitting those Last Spells, which doubles or triples your effective lives if you can do it consistently. That's with no continues[I don't use continues], but its still quite tame.

Mind you, the Extra stage still isn't unlocked. I'm guessing I need to beat the game again with a team that goes up against Reimu instead of Marisa. So I guess Team Scarlet isn't out of the race yet, although I'll really miss Yukari's ability to manipulate the Border of Life and Death.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: August 09, 2016, 04:57:17 pm »

Just beat the Pursuer after, from what I've heard about him, a surprisingly low amount of tries. Counterclockwise circlestrafing for the win!
Dark Souls 2
Black lives matter.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: August 09, 2016, 05:18:17 pm »

Mind you, the Extra stage still isn't unlocked. I'm guessing I need to beat the game again with a team that goes up against Reimu instead of Marisa.
It's a bit simpler than that. To avoid spoilers, you need to beat the game twice without continues.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: August 09, 2016, 08:24:21 pm »

Mind you, the Extra stage still isn't unlocked. I'm guessing I need to beat the game again with a team that goes up against Reimu instead of Marisa.
It's a bit simpler than that. To avoid spoilers, you need to beat the game twice without continues.

Oh, OK. I'll still probably TRY winning with Team Scarlet, but its nice to know I have alternatives. Or I could go with the team I haven't tried, Marisa/Alice. Decisions, decisions.

A MUCH more satisfying own:

I.
Beat.
Ran.

Don't actually know how many tries it took. Chen's first spell sign's counter stopped incrementing at 99, but I often restart if Chen takes more then one life. Ran's first spell sign's counter was around ~80ish, so that's probably a more realistic number. Still, I finally prevailed. Fluffiness and dakka are no match for DETERMINATION and caffeine.

Not sure how, honestly. Got to her survival sign quite well off, only losing lives to her laser swastika and black hole. I honestly just bombed my way through her Fluffytail Cage, knowing full well her ultimate spell sign would wreck me while I was defenseless.

Her final sign isn't actually THAT bad. I was able to dodge most of it quite easily, my heart in my mouth because I had no lives left. Her dakka intensified until I couldn't find a path through and I lost. ...Or so I thought. I honestly don't know where my extra life came from, I'll have to go over the replay to see if I just got distracted and miscounted or if I got another one somewhere. In any case, my new life endowed me with four bombs[Sakuya FTW] and allowed me to cheese the rest of her spell sign.

EDIT:

OK, apparently I got over the 500 point threshold for the second extra life after Kokkuri-San's Contract and just didn't notice.

now i just have to deal with yukari, flandre and whoever the IN extra boss is

oughta be easy

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:06:02 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: August 09, 2016, 08:30:42 pm »

Chances are you got an extra life from your score. You gain points while shooting her, after all.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: August 09, 2016, 09:08:42 pm »

Chances are you got an extra life from your score. You gain points while shooting her, after all.

Looking over the replay[Looking at your own replays is really weird, I've never bothered before], I did get an extra life from points. But in PCB, you only get extra lives from score tiles, as opposed to your overall points. If you didn't collect a a single point tile, you'd never get an extra life no matter how high your score rose. Confused the hell out of me when I transitioned from EoSD.
Spooky Signature

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: August 09, 2016, 10:25:02 pm »

Caught me a Xerneas, legendary Pokemon.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: August 10, 2016, 01:29:44 am »

I beat the Cinematic Story Mode of Street Fighter V.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: August 10, 2016, 01:33:43 am »

Game?
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 709