Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292639 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6705 on: September 06, 2016, 07:02:47 am »

I successfully raided a landed Abductor in April with only minor wounds to two of my squad.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: September 06, 2016, 12:47:09 pm »

who has two thumbs

AND ENDED THE MOTHERFUCKING REAPER THREAT

IT'S YA GIRL, COMMANDER EVA SHEPARD IN THE HOUSE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This series touched my heart in a way that I didn't think any game could. I'm sad that it's over, but holy shit it's been a wild ride. I was planning my next run of all three games before I'd even finished 2, but I don't think it'd be the same.

86 hours total play time.

Mass Effect 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:10 pm »

Wait, so you didn't hate the ending?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: September 06, 2016, 12:53:58 pm »

Wait, so you didn't hate the ending? everything after the first game?
HERETIC
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: September 06, 2016, 12:56:29 pm »

Wait, so you didn't hate the ending? everything after the first game? the stupid concepts in the third game, which shat on the players who had the entire series with the online nonsense and was generally not very good anyway?
HERETIC
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: September 06, 2016, 12:59:46 pm »

Wait, so you didn't hate the ending?

Nope. Any problems people had with the ending are vast overreactions at best, and I've seen both (technically all three) now, without the extended cut (unless my game is the extended cut and I somehow didn't notice). It satisfied me, both emotionally and in answering any questions I had.

Wait, so you didn't hate the ending? everything after the first game? the stupid concepts in the third game, which shat on the players who had the entire series with the online nonsense and was generally not very good anyway?
HERETIC

I didn't notice any online nonsense except a phone home to check DLC licenses whenever I started the game. I wasn't aware that my opinions were wrong though, thanks for telling me.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: September 06, 2016, 01:02:46 pm »

You are welcome.

* hector13 notes nobody said your opinions were wrong.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: September 06, 2016, 01:04:09 pm »

HERETIC
Actually I'll concede that the multiplayer stuff was pretty fun, even if it's tainted by being attached to the horror that EA spawned.

I wasn't aware that my opinions were wrong though, thanks for telling me.
You're welcome.
http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27792
^ start reading here to see why they're wrong :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: September 06, 2016, 01:20:46 pm »

I skimmed it. It feels very much like overthinking and nitpicking.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: September 06, 2016, 01:26:42 pm »

"I like this game, despite the criticism."
"you're wrong and bad, this game sucks"
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: September 06, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »

I've never particularly disliked the Mass Effect 3 ending, either. The multiplayer was fine, too, but should *not* have been connected to the campaign, or at least not had as huge an effect as it did.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: September 06, 2016, 03:14:40 pm »

Honestly, I think ME1 was the best. Everyone else seems to shit on it though. Dunno why. Loved the inventory, the story, everything--my only criticism is that it felt a little too open sometimes.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: September 06, 2016, 03:30:20 pm »

I've never particularly disliked the Mass Effect 3 ending, either. The multiplayer was fine, too, but should *not* have been connected to the campaign, or at least not had as huge an effect as it did.
It was 25 points a person, wasn't it? And you certainly didn't get penalized in MP for not resetting yer dude. So unless you REALLY ground a lot of people, it shouldn't do much.

I mean, in theory, you can get 1,000,000 points from grinding long enough, but something tells me that anything past 100 means you REALLY wanted to grind a lot.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: September 06, 2016, 03:36:03 pm »

That's not the issue, being as a War Asset would be fine. The issue was that there was something directly tied to the multiplayer- Galactic Readiness- directly tied to the multiplayer. It was at a default 50%, which meant all the War Assets were worth half the value, which could only go up through multiplayer.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: September 06, 2016, 03:51:26 pm »

IIRC, in the original release you couldn't get the best outcome without playing the MP, which was kinda shitting on the fanbase considering it was a SP game and had been for the two previous games.  This was later changed.

I have a hard time seeing ME1 as the best game.  Its a cover shooter without any cover, I don't know what else to say besides that.  It felt like with the physically open battlefields, the Mako, the long combat sections without any dialogue, it was diluting everything good about itself.

The biggest change between 1 and 2 was the change from late TV Star Trek tone and visuals to more of a Star Wars used future kinda deal.  For a narrative focused game that's going to make a big difference in whether people like it, and its not something you can be objectively wrong or right about.  I'll admit I never played 3 but it seemed like it also shifted the tone and style significantly.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 709