Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289445 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6780 on: September 22, 2016, 07:50:50 pm »

Attacked a group of goblin bandits on the plains. Killed one with a suprise headshot with my two handed sword while my meatshields brave allies became arrow sponges distracted the enemy.

While chasing down the last goblin and beginning it's punishment, I noticed that I have not been as careful with my attacks as I had planned, I was not killing the last goblins with my sword I had apparently gotten disarmed at one point and was using another item I happened to have in my hands.

You strike the slim goblin bowman in the neck from behind with your lungfish, ♂ and the injured part is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass!
An artery is opened by the attack!
The slim goblin bowman loses hold of the iron bow.
You eat the lungfish ♂.

Dwarf Fortress
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: September 22, 2016, 09:32:01 pm »

You eat the lungfish ♂.

Eww, that probably had goblin blood all over it. There's no five second rule for that shit.

At least it wasn't dirty elf blood. I'd take goblin over that any day.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: September 23, 2016, 02:17:16 am »

If someone is looking for a fast, messy and interesting playthrough of Doom I can recommend the mod Demonsteele using the Hell on Earth Starter Pack. The starter pack is from the Brutal Doom mod.
The Demonsteele mod is all katanas, special moves, dodging and fountaining blood. You have two characters to choose from; katana/ gun wielder and ki using cyborg. Combat is mostly melee, building a soul meter to pull off special moves like dashing across the room slicing everything, 360 sword spin and such.

I think the Demonsteele mod doubles enemy spawns but with how much damage you do, and how many souls you need to pull of special moves it works quite well. The mod also changes some enemies around so Cacodaemons are cultists from Heretic, Archviles have an AOE fire attack instead of the sight-dependent attack and the zombies have projectiles instead of hitscan so you can have a chance to dodge the bullets.

I was playing it with GZDoom version 2.1.1. Select both the Demonsteele .pk3 and the Hell on Earth .wad and drop them both onto the GZDoom exe, then run with Doom II.

Finished the first episode of Hell on Earth Starter pack using Jung Hae-Lin on difficulty "Take No Prisoners".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: September 24, 2016, 03:27:47 pm »

Did a Conspiracy 2 draft, I ended up drafting GW and then picked Hymn of the Wilds relatively late, but had enough creatures to make it work. Completely dominated the game I played, and between me being the Monarch 90% of the time and somebody else playing Kami of the Crescent Moon, I only had 6 cards left in my library because I drew so many cards. Ended up growing a hexproof flying dude to 14/15 and giving him lifelink.

Magic: The Gathering

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: September 24, 2016, 06:11:52 pm »

Well, I may have overly-prepared for the Eater of Worlds. Full Platinum armor, Ironskin and Regeneration potions, a campfire + Bottled Star + Heart Jar for maximum passive regen, full stack of Restoration potions, a Mythic Diamond Staff, and a Hurtful Katana for when mana ran out.

End result? EoW utterly obliterated, dealing just 1 damage per body hit and not much more with head hits. It hit me a lot, almost continuously, but I never dropped below 200 HP and didn't even touch the Restoration potions. Time to go to Hell.

Terraria, Expert Mode. After the nightmare that was iCthulhu, I figured that the EoW would have some new attacks or something in Expert Mode. Guess not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6785 on: September 25, 2016, 03:55:43 am »

Gave up on getting the eSports sword and just killed Seath with a little lightning and a katana. Taking a detour through the DLC while my frothing rage at New Londo subsides. So far sanctuary guardian and Artorias down.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: September 25, 2016, 12:28:46 pm »

Since my IN is apparently working again[After a long hiatus of only displaying garbled error messages], I've decided to make a serious attempt to beat Mokou. After getting dunked on repeatedly by her last three spell signs, I decided to put myself through some training from Hell to toughen up.

Yes, that's right.

SPELL PRACTICE MODE.

After maybe an hour of running into danmaku face-first, I can now do Fujiwara Volcano perfectly about half the time, Possessed by Pheonix until just before the two-thirds mark and Hourai Doll until one bomb would allow me to win.

I have never felt so badass.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: September 25, 2016, 07:13:05 pm »

There's a new map that's been added to the Official KOTH rotation. Can't remember the name, but it's got a bunch of buildings with Japanese paper walls and the like. The control point's building is very small, and it has one screen on both the RED and BLU side. Basically, it's very close quarters.

I went with the Revengineer build (Frontier Justice + Gunslinger) and found out I could do extremely well.

Then I went with Jag and Stock Shotgun.

I found myself in second or third place.

Note: I've also noticed that my skill with the shotguns is much greater than before.

My sniping is still extremely weak, so I'm unable to live up to the monkier "Crazed Gunman".

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: September 25, 2016, 07:17:36 pm »

Defeated the dragon. Only died like three times, too!

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:20 pm »

Mokou got dunked on. Didn't have too much trouble at first and lost only two lives before her final deadly trio of spell signs. I actually COLLECTED Fujiwara Volcano, which is a miracle beyond belief. See, it turns out that you need to circle around above her[The pheonix avatar thing doesn't hurt you] when you start getting stuck in a corner. Then I basically brute-forced her last two spell signs with my lives and bombs. I'd have tried to dodge them properly, but my hands were shaking too much to deal with them. Still, I won. That's two Extra bosses down now. The easiest ones, mind you[Ran is weak!Yukari and Mokou is in IN], but I'm still proud of myself.

EDIT:

So I decided to take on Flandre, just to kill half an hour or so. And I beat her. Her spell signs aren't THAT hard, with a few exceptions. Maze of Love, Laser Crosses and There Will Be None are still pretty nasty, but I had the power of LOVE on my side. Channeled into a giant death laser. Her last spell sign was pathetically weak. Like, I swear I've seen that exact attack as a non-spell somewhere else. And I defeated it flawlessly with no lives or bombs left.

So I guess this means that only Yukari and Suwako remain undefeated, as far as Extra Bosses go. And honestly, those two are scary enough that I'll probably beat whoever the SA Extra Boss is before I get around to them.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:29:40 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: September 26, 2016, 12:04:25 am »

Just barely managed to blow apart the last survivors of the San Francisco and Portland garrisons and take the cities for myself in time to obtain a Decisive Victory (and campaign victory), the Murican fleet bombarding me off the coast could only watch while slinging random bits of ordinance my way.  Was very close, up until that moment of victory I really didn't think I could pull off a decisive but luckily the Schwerer Gustav provided just enough firepower to push through.

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: September 26, 2016, 08:16:29 am »

I beat Dark Souls!
I can see why people said the final boss was a little bit underwhelming, it's incredibly powerful, but since most of the attacks can be parried, all I needed to do (After 5 or so tries) was put on the toughest armour I had, get a good parrying tool, and go to town on him, it was sort of my fault it ended up so easy, though.
Still, Whoo! Now I can do it all over again!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: September 26, 2016, 09:02:04 am »

yada yada, he's supposed to be underwhelming. How prolonging the current age has turned him weak and hollow, etc.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: September 26, 2016, 09:39:51 am »

yada yada, he's supposed to be underwhelming. How prolonging the current age has turned him weak and hollow, etc.
Pfffff
I didn't phrase that right, when I said 'incredibly powerful', I mean that my standard build is Greatshield* + Some sort of halberd, along with some medium-weight armour, so by that point I was rocking Artorias's Greatshield and a fully upgraded Black Knight Halberd, and he was handing me my ass.

Everything about him was designed to kick my shit in, he never lets the pressure up and he moves like a mouse, so my halberd, with it's (Relatively) slow vertical strike as the one-handed light attack starter, was nearly useless, and as with practically every halberd, every time you miss, you get slapped with a good half-second of lag time as your character tries to fight the momentum, even if I did hit, like hell I was going to stagger him, so he gives me a good 3-hit combo with that sword of his while I pathetically trade with him, the second light attack wasn't much better, considering the fact that the range on it then is basically halved while his sword could hit me from way further than you think.

The worst part was that because his sword had some pretty impressive fire damage stapled on to it, he was still getting scratch damage on me through the Greatshield, and he can chain 3 or so combos together, backing up to heal was a dangerous proposition at best considering the fact he can leap across the arena in one or two strides so most of the time the best I could do was break even on healing.

He won, it doesn't matter that I killed him, he beat me, he beat me into the ground until I gave up fighting with the style I had used through most of the game and exploited some minor aspect of him that I wouldn't have even known about had I not been spoiled, and even then he took me out twice through a full set of Havel armour, fire-resisting pyromancy, and a counter-damage boosting ring while I pathetically mashed the parry button at him with a parrying dagger, that's what I mean by 'it was my fault it ended up so easy, though.', because he deserved better.
I should really learn how to phrase things better.

*Yu-huh come at me m8 Oil foight ya'.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: September 26, 2016, 01:50:21 pm »

Does it count as an own to completely abuse the enemy AI? Well I suppose in this case it does, since it required penetrating enemy territory within spitting distance of their HQ, then blowing the bridges to seal them in - the AI abuse comes in when it cannot figure out how to rebuild them, allowing me to simply bombard them constantly with a pair of 105mm guns. They shot back a few mortars, sure, taking out a few mortar crews of my own, as well as a sniper in a windmill serving as a spotter, but they couldn't hit the 105s. Eventually decided my position was strong enough to rebuild the bridge, and charge 2 rifle and one Ranger squad... only for them to be shredded by a tank the second they crossed. But then a 105mm shell hit their HQ and it fell down, and I won.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 709