Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292534 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6960 on: November 27, 2016, 04:00:49 pm »

weak
Black lives matter.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6961 on: November 27, 2016, 06:09:13 pm »

-snip-
I prefer the Reinforced Club for it's jumping strong attack and bleeding. That thing carried me through an SL1 playthrough. I had several of them.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: November 27, 2016, 06:21:13 pm »

@Arcvasti: If you go through Dark Souls 2 any time soon, the Club is a very excellent weapon in that game too for PvE. Not so sure about PvP and NPC invaders, but a large amount of regular enemies (and even some bosses, I think) are weak to the blunt damage it deals.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: November 27, 2016, 06:41:40 pm »

@Arcvasti: If you go through Dark Souls 2 any time soon, the Club is a very excellent weapon in that game too for PvE. Not so sure about PvP and NPC invaders, but a large amount of regular enemies (and even some bosses, I think) are weak to the blunt damage it deals.
Hordes of ancient legends, clad in armor ornate and thick as your palm, wielding weaponry and skill far beyond anything you can craft stand against you.

You have a stick.

Get moving.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: November 27, 2016, 07:01:57 pm »

However, you can get a mace in the entrance of Majula and in DS2 maces are actually great.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: November 27, 2016, 07:05:26 pm »

This is true too. Pretty much any blunt weapon is really good in DS2. In fact, the Partizan is my favorite weapon in the game (probably, there's a lot of good ones...) simply because it does Piercing R1s, good for single targets and tight corridors, and Blunt R2s, which are wide sweeps good for groups and outdoor areas. It's SO versatile and good. Most blunt weapons have low counter damage, but because it's technically a spear it has good counter damage and you can just beast enemies with it.

Also I just really enjoy the spear backstab animation in DS2. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6966 on: November 27, 2016, 10:53:06 pm »

This is true too. Pretty much any blunt weapon is really good in DS2. In fact, the Partizan is my favorite weapon in the game (probably, there's a lot of good ones...) simply because it does Piercing R1s, good for single targets and tight corridors, and Blunt R2s, which are wide sweeps good for groups and outdoor areas. It's SO versatile and good. Most blunt weapons have low counter damage, but because it's technically a spear it has good counter damage and you can just beast enemies with it.

Also I just really enjoy the spear backstab animation in DS2. :P
I never ever got into the polearms. Maybe I'll give that one a try.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: November 27, 2016, 10:58:20 pm »

It's all about dual-wielding great axes. Remember that.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: November 28, 2016, 01:30:43 am »

It's all about dual-wielding great axes.

Heh, my first DS2 character was a total edgelord. Old Knight armor, Smelter Demon leggings/gauntlets, and powerstancing a pair of Greatswords - one Dark, one Fire. It was ridiculous. XD

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: November 28, 2016, 07:31:23 am »

After ending terrorism globally, purging a xenomorph infestation, and stopping the legions of Hell, I finally got to high-five the President.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: November 28, 2016, 06:07:29 pm »

So I'm near a Soviet checkpoint, clinging to my mobile equestrian cloaking device (aka horse).  I spot a soldier with good skills.  Unfortunately he catches a glimpse of me on the other side of D Horse.  I ride up to him, somersault off, and punch him in the face.  Not only did he not have time to raise the alarm before going down, D Horse formed a screen between the soldier and his buddies.  So in one clean motion he's unconscious and fultoned and no one saw what happened.  Despite him being in plain sight.  This is without reflex mode, although on the other hand it was pretty much an accident.

This is really debatably an own, but anyway.  I have a mission to extract a prisoner from a fortified compound.  Mission starts, he gets driven to said compound.  I tear my hear out trying to get him.  I die again and again and again.  I get frustrated and decide to kill everyone before restarting, I die anyway.  Which is impressive given how much of a bullet sponge Big Boss is.  The stupid compound has walls, like 20 dudes, an APC at the front doors, watch towers, and it feels like the guards are a million times more alert than normal.  Plus the fricken prison cell has only one entrance and it needs to be lockpicked.  On top of it all I think I raised an alert prior to that checkpoint so they all start on edge.

After getting actually, emotionally mad at this mission, I remember.  Duh, I have the option of restarting the whole mission.  Now I just have to rescue him from a convoy with a jeep and an APC.  Put D Horse on the road, lay C4 down.  Convoy stops to sho D Horse out of the way, I blow up the APC.  Instead of trying to drive away the soldiers ditch the jeep with the prisoner still inside and run back to base.  Instant S rank.  Okay then.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: November 28, 2016, 10:20:33 pm »

So I'm near a Soviet checkpoint, clinging to my mobile equestrian cloaking device (aka horse).  I spot a soldier with good skills.  Unfortunately he catches a glimpse of me on the other side of D Horse.  I ride up to him, somersault off, and punch him in the face.  Not only did he not have time to raise the alarm before going down, D Horse formed a screen between the soldier and his buddies.  So in one clean motion he's unconscious and fultoned and no one saw what happened.

Fucking savage mate. If MGSV got anything right is was these emergent moment of pure super-spy/soldier badassery. Which reminds me, here's an own:

I crawled up next to guards on the other side of the truck. They're talking so I think I'm good, until they say bye to each other and start walking around to mysids. I'm awkwardly positioned right next to the rear wheel at this point, one guard coming round front, and the other around back. So I crawl forward a smudge and juuuust as the guard rounds the passenger-side door I role under the truck unnoticed.

God, when you're playing it by ear, MGSV (In this case Ground Zero) it really does create some James Bond level stealth moments.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: November 29, 2016, 11:43:40 am »

I made a new pianist in Elona. Charisma based Juere build to match. Little girl tank pet as well.

It's fucking Freddie Mercury. A few days of questing and piano practice and I take the notoriously hard Party Time quest. No stones were cast.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: November 29, 2016, 07:48:33 pm »

Chuckles. The Jester. Chuckles the Jester.

I'm playing a game called TALES OF ILLYRIA: DESTINIES. I am a lawful good adventuring group, donating to beggars, rescuing orphans, fighting demons and corruption everywhere etc etc. Angels personally teleported me to heaven and gave me presents yesterday because of all the goodly justice I dispense.

One of the many random encounters in town was Chuckles the Jester who was a whimsically fun juggling street clown beloved by local children and enjoyed by crowds of villagers. I stopped to see his show and offer some money out of the lawful goodness of my heart.

That is when he pegged me in the face with a flaming ball, causing actual damage and giving me a burned status.

I protested and even tried to catch him, but Chuckles the Stupid Jester danced out of reach, giggling. I grit my teeth and left, and he called me a fucking baby. The otherwise-pleasant townsfolk laughed.

Chuckles the Goddam Stupid Jester seemed to appear at the worst times in every town across the world. I tried to catch him, and he pegged another ball at me. I took his juggling balls and threw them over a house, and he threw another ball at me having procured more instantly from I know not where. Chuckles the Goddam Stupid Ball-Gargling Jester would hurl insults and stinging pain at me every time he crossed my path, causing annoying children and chattering peasants to giggle at my expense.

Today, I caught CHUCKLES THE MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN STUPID BALL-GARGLING JESTER, and before he had finished his greeting mockery I joyfully strangled the life out of him in the middle of the street in front of a crowd of horrified, filthy children and their vapid parents. In my bloody glee I may also have slaughtered some city guards who somehow took exception to this act.

There is no longer any justice in Illyria. Only a dead clown, and far too many laughing peasants.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:07:17 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: November 29, 2016, 11:28:20 pm »

Since I was on a huge fighting game kick but owned very few actual fighting games, I got Mortal Kombat XL on Steam. Yesterday I decided that I'd play online matches for the first time. I figured I'd most likely fellate phallus as I've only played one other fighting game against other humans (as opposed to AI players) which was Supa Smash Bruddas. As it turns out that I'm actually fairly average, and was even capable of beating the asses of a handfull of people. For example, right now I'm maining Cyrax Triborg since Cyrax was my favorite character in MK9, and I was challenged by a guy who played as Raiden. As soon as he challenged me I noticed that he had almost 6 times as many losses as he did wins, so I knew he probably wasn't going to be that good. Even so, his scrubbery still outshone my expectations. Literally all he did was jump and use uppercuts. And he jumped A LOT. As in he was almost never not jumping. I kept trying to attack him like I would anyone else, but just when I thought he was going to do something besides spam midair-punch-followed-by-uppercut, he would do it again. The first time I fought him I actually lost because of this.

After that, I was pissed. I began another match with him. Needless to say, the first thing he did was start jumping. I immediately responded with the EX version of Cyrax's signature air grab, which in this game causes him to jump into the air, grab his opponent tightly, fly upwards, turn upside-down, and then boost into the ground, slamming the victim's head into the ground. Since the EX version also made the opponent bounce, I was able to turn it into a combo which did a total of 30% damage. I also was able to hit him which several bombs afterwards, which I normally only use for zoning, not direct damage, but he was completely stupid when it came to avoiding them. After 2 rounds of him falling for the same shit, I finished him off with one last air-grab, which he practically walked into again, and performed one of Cyrax's brutalities where he does the normal air-grab, but slams the opponent's head into the ground so hard that it explodes. He then left the match before the "Rematch / Quit" prompt even appeared.

Mortal Kombat XL.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 709