Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289475 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7005 on: December 07, 2016, 03:05:46 pm »

Captured Solgaleo with a first-turn Quick Ball.

Then reverted the save, and costing me two of my team and most of my stock, got Solgaleo into a Luxury Ball. I figure {Nebby} deserves the accommodation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: December 09, 2016, 07:19:54 am »

Beat the Four Kings on my first try on my SL30 character.

Dark Souls

An older one, but after about 10 tries, I finally managed to solo NG+3 Fume Knight with nothing but my Greatsword and 2000+ HP(he still carved off 50-90% of my health with every hit).

Felt good, man.

Dark Souls 2
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: December 09, 2016, 08:15:57 am »

The lady on the radio said something along the lines of "Have you ever wondered what it would be like to max out a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport on I70? Well, go do it" and then I said "okay". And then I bought one and drove it down the highway going 250-something MPH without hitting anyone.

Forza Horizon

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7008 on: December 09, 2016, 09:43:38 am »

Capra demon. Third try. SL10. Dual caestus. I'm feeling pretty gud.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: December 09, 2016, 10:04:16 am »

Finished the game as a rogue. Gotta say that the bosses were probably balanced with a build who can actually use a shield properly in mind. Still, managed to defeat the final boss with a minimal quantity of pain and even get the "best ending" too.

Lords of the Fallen.

For those wondering, the game is pretty much Polish Dark Souls, but not as good (and yet excellent keyboard and mouse controls).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: December 09, 2016, 02:44:23 pm »

Was playing a game of Mystery Heroes as Junkrat in Volskaya Industries. The enemies had a perfect defense near the first capture point with 2 Torbjörns and Symmetra's teleporter. My team members died as soon as they got near. Time was running out and it seemed like there was no hope left for us..
..At least until I blew it all up with my ult, allowing my team to capture the point and go on to win the match.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: December 09, 2016, 06:04:14 pm »

(This happened the other day, so post may not be 100% accurate)

Fighting Professor Kukui for the Championship. Primarina took a hard hit from Lycanroc's Stone Edge, but brought him down in one hit. I swapped in Liligant to fight his Snorlax, beginning a massive siege battle as I tried to whittle Snorlax's HP using Leech Seed, Snorlax's massive HP stat feeding Liligant and reversing most of her damage. The first run got Kukui to use a Full Restore, but then he swapped out for Braviary. I put in Ribombee, who was immediately wasted by a Brave Bird - partly intentional, I had assumed Braviary was Fighting/Flying(it's not, it's Normal), but the sacrifice damaged Braviary and allowed me to finish off with Raichu. Snorlax came back out again, and again, Leech Seed siege ensued. And again, after another Full Restore, Ninetales came out. I switched to Solgaleo, who dropped the icefairyfox with Sunsteel Strike.

Once more, Snorlax, and once more, Liligant seeded him. During this time, I started to heal my team. And again, Kukui swapped Snorlax out, this time for Decidueye. I pulled Liligant in time for Arcanine to get hit with Brave Bird. Then quite foolishly as he was blasted with Flamethrower, Decidueye tried to Spirit Shackle Arcanine. Instead of Snorlax, Magnezone appeared. Arcanine dropped it to a single hitpoint with Flamethrower, and subsequently fainted from the burn. Finally, it was just Liligant against Snorlax. This time, Kukui could not move Snorlax out. He was eventually drained to the last drop. I am the Champion.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: December 09, 2016, 10:04:59 pm »

So it's the Quantum Case recovery mission. There's guards up the wazoo.

Rush gets shot.

Decker and Monst3r escape, while Internationale and her cloaking unit stay behind. She cloaks, hits rush with medgel, legs it toward the exit.

More guards arrive; there's more than ten on scene now, all hunting.

Rush gets shot again. Internationale leaves the relative safety of the teleporter and medgels her again. They wait. And wait. And wait. Finally, the way is clear.

The corp bastards are foiled again. Invisible inc. leaves no agent behind.

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: December 10, 2016, 11:53:44 am »

I might be showcasing my own past trolldom here. It's still hilarious.

In Warhammer Online, there was a quest that the other side (destruction) had to do in PVE. There were lvl 5 mobs's to kill called "Flagellant" and you had to kill a certain number etc etc.

It was possible to create a warrior priest toon, level it to the same level as the mobs, deck it out in the exact same outfit as the mobs, name it flagellant, and do the same emote they did in that same spot. You could even have the same beard.

We parked like 6 people in the bushes waiting for some poor sod to attack our man and get flagged for PvP. Then we would roll out of the brush and kick their ass. We got lots of PvP points.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: December 10, 2016, 11:57:33 am »

Evil
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: December 10, 2016, 01:57:05 pm »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: December 10, 2016, 06:26:54 pm »

The biggest troll in that post is actually using the term 'toon'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: December 10, 2016, 09:55:04 pm »

Got somewhere around 13 points in a single life as Pyro, winning as RED with 2nd place in the scoreboard.

I'm not exactly your average W+M1, yeah.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: December 12, 2016, 12:55:28 am »

Beat the game. Or, technically, beat the POSTgame. Not gonna lie, some of the bosses were absurd bullshit.

Guardian of the Crystals was the worst by far. First off, Hina's debuffs[Which would have made this fight easy] trigger a party wipe move, so I had to do it without one of my most important tools. It was impossible until I figured out that Wind Crystal could be killed with instant death. It was ungodly hard until I realized that I could set up Gambler Kaguya for an alpha strike to take out the first third of Fire Crystal's health bar. It was ridiculously silly until I stumbled upon the strategy of stunlocking Water Crystal with Tenshi & Shield Bash. And it was slow tedious death before I found out that only Renko and Kasen had strong enough PAR to immobilize Earth Crystal. And even then, things were rough until I gave my aux attackers the Monk subclass to pierce through the Guardian's high DEF and target his NTR weakness. I spent 2-3 hours on that dingus, but eventually applied a thoroughly satisfying dunk. Props go to Byakuren for silly buff passing and Renko for absurd durability, dapperness, very high PAR application and quick buff renewal.

The Desire-Eating Demon was the most bullshit of them all, but I countered with my own. I quickly figured out this asshole not only went absurdly fast and nigh-immune to all non Monk-Kaguya attackers, but also did a OHKO every two turns. However, they are also really weak to SHK. I put together a team of Impact Attack Monks consisting of Kasen, Flandre and Remilia. However, they just weren't fast enough to apply the necessary stunlock. I scoured my roster for someone who was and finally found someone: Orin. I'd never actually looked at their kit since recruiting them, but they were perfect for the job.

Orin has:

-A 1 mp, incredibly low delay attack that can inflict SHK
-High speed
-Extra Attack, which means even more SHK

I kitted her out with hella speed and an item that gave her Impact Attack, for even more SHK. First try didn't go too well, since Orin ran out of mp far too quickly and ended up breaking the stunlock. So I gave her the Magician subclass, which has a skill that lets her regain 1 mp per turn. So Orin stunlocked the boss while Monk Flandre, Monk Suika and Kaguya pounded away at it. Not only does Orin's SHK skill have the most annoying visual effect in the game, it also has the most annoying audio effect. Nonetheless, I persevered and won with pure cheese. Then I shelved Orin again, since she's useless for anything besides this boss fight.

And then, the final boss' Enhanced form. Which is just a weaker Guardian of the Crystals. The two "Avatar Arms" have most of the same moves as the Crystals, but there are only two of them. Besides that, all three of them can be debuffed freely and the left arm is very weak to PAR. I needed to level up a bit to get my numbers in the right spot, but otherwise the fight was simple and easy.

Started a NG+ in Hard Mode focusing on using the Scarlet Devil Mansion group. Its very odd having Flandre and Remilia on F1. The former is still very strong and capable of taking off a good quarter of a boss' healthbar. This proved very useful against Komachi, especially after she instakilled three quarters of my team while on her last legs.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: December 12, 2016, 01:13:22 am »

Had a series of really close, intense matches the other night in Toxikk. The final match I played that night was on Dekk and I was trailing by a few kills... until I picked up the Hellraiser and shot its guided nuke into the middle of a room full of combatants, instantly propelling myself to the top of the leader board. I wound up winning by 1 kill, good times.
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 709