Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289473 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7170 on: January 29, 2017, 07:11:46 pm »

I swear it was in Friends of Mineral Town as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: January 29, 2017, 07:49:21 pm »

I don't recall it in FoMT, but it was definitely in DS, too, and Mayor Thomas even comments he learned from being attacked in MFoMT (where you get to attack him with all the farm tools after he mocks you a bit too much, though I don't think it results in a game over there; your special game over comes right after if you tell him you don't want to run the farm) as well.  That's when you sic your dog on him, and if you refuse to help...he screams and the credits roll.  By the time of DS Cute, though, he's learned not to mock farmers to their face, so you don't get that option with him. :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:51:22 pm by Culise »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: January 29, 2017, 10:28:33 pm »

Wandering through a random Farportal, trying to find randarts (and earn an achievement on a new difficulty), when suddenly I step on a trap that summons enemies. If you can't tell, that's two Red Wyrms and their entourages surrounding me, plus a Luminous and Radiant Horror. All of these have 100% Fire resistance, and the Horrors also heal for 50% of the Fire damage they'd sustain (before resistance). I'm a Wildfire Archmage, meaning the only real damage I deal is Fire-based (though at least I can penetrate some of my opponent's resistance) plus I'm rather fragile, especially when literally surrounded by Fire-resistant enemies to a depth of 3 deep.

A few turns later, here's the result. The dragons collectively incinerated within four turns, thanks to a double Fireflash. The Horrors lasted slightly longer, but unfriendly fire from the Wyrms left them surprisingly well-crippled, and I was able to chip them down with various non-fire spells before another critical Fireflash dispatched each of them. All together, the entire fight took about 10 turns to wrap up, much faster than I'd expected, and I didn't even trigger Cauterize in the process thanks to excessive damage shielding.

Of course, then this happens three steps to the left. Ah, Farportals, such fun, especially when they roll enemies resistant to your chosen element, and you have no trap detection whatsoever.  ::)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: January 30, 2017, 09:25:00 pm »

The plague was life, and I was the cure.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: January 30, 2017, 10:00:58 pm »

Made some delicious burnt cookies.

Trying to do the Great "C" at challenge level with a semi-challenge party. Said party consists of the cast of EoSD as well as Alice, Ran and Chen. Its a fairly strong group, due in no small part to Flandre and her absurd damage, but its one weak point is debuffing. The only debuff for all twelve characters is a Speed debuff from Cirno. To be fair, her Speed debuffs are ABSURD, but they're not enough on their own. Giving her the Hexer subclass somewhat helped, but the default Curse spells that the Hexer gets are somewhat weak and generally not reliable. For the Great "C" fight, strong aoe debuffs are very important, because there are five "C's. My team also lacked non-Paralysis statuses, but Toxicologist Marisa with Sheer Force works just as well as most dedicated status inflicter.

The Great "C" fight is a slog. It has five "C"s which are all capable of strong attacks, most notably one which reduces your hp to 1 and another that deals weak damage through defenses. Combining those two is basically a guaranteed kill, even on absurdly tanky Remilia. The Great "C", moreover, is strong against Fire, Dark and Mystic, which many of my best attacks correspond to. Each "C" has 2-3 million health and they all must be killed at the same time or you basically have to restart. The Great "C" fight is heavily based on luck. Will Cirno's Perfect Freeze do literally nothing or halve the speed of all enemies? Will the "C"s waste their turns with pathetically useless attacks that can't scratch my squishiest non-Flandre members or kill everyone with defense-ignoring attacks? Will Sakuya accidentally Extra Attack the middle "C" to death prematurely and cause it to resurrect with full health? In general, my strategy boiled down to the following:

-Have Hong and Remilia welded to the front line and tanking at all times
-Keep their Speed debuffed with Cirno/Alice and our defenses topped up with Ran
-Poison them with Marisa or Sakuya, since Poison damage is always non-lethal
-Abuse Chen's Instant Attack switch thing to keep everyone moving real swift
-Near the end, use Patchouli/Flandre to wipe out all the "C"s at once

Of course, the "C"s rarely cooperate with that plan for long, because of their numbers and erratic deadliness. Hopefully Reimu/Rumia/Ran and Hong can heal enough damage to keep up with their potentially staggering output while the Poison ticks down their delicious doughy health. Of course, once a "C" has dropped to a single hit point through Poison, even one point of damage from Cirno/Marisa's status effect attacks will kill it and necessitate a restart. If any of the critical characters die to a 1 hp -> defense piercing combo, restart.

The first tricky part, on the try where I finally beat them, came when Marisa bit the dust ahead of schedule. Without her, I had only Sakuya's much weaker Poison effect and Alice's Little Legion for reliable damage. Somehow, though, things just kept working. Sakuya gently tapped each "C" until the brink of death, with Remilia lending an occasional Spear the Gungnir when it seemed safe. Supporting party members fell one after another as I whittled down the "C"s' heealth, until I only had half of my original team, with two of them[Patchouli and Flandre] being fragile enough that they'd most likely die to one shot. Eventually, I could safely cookie tap no further: I needed burst damage. During a momentary gap in the "C"s' bombard, I moved Patchouli in to ready a Grand Incantation. She almost immediately took a physical Shadowstep attack to the face, leaving her on the brink of death. Still, she manged to Concentrate and obtain the 140% damage boost. Next came Flandre, who was even more fragile then Patchouli. Thankfully, the "C"s ignored the new arrivals, preferring to pelt Remilia and Reimu instead. Herbalist Reimu gave Flandre a Herb of Awakening for a 36% boost and I held my breath as my final turn approached, one way or another. Patchouli's damnable slowness almost cost me, as one of the "C"s got a turn RIGHT before hers came up. It wasted that turn scratching Patchouli's impressive magical defenses and paid for its failure to eliminate her with an empowered Sattelite Himewari to the face. But I'd miscalculated: Two "C"s still remained, more then enough to resurrect their fallen comrades and force a reset. Flandre's turn came up next and she went wild with a Lavatein. Due to the "C"s high Fire resistance, her normally potent ultimate move did perhaps a third of its normal damage.

It was still enough. I watched gleefully as the last of the cookies that had tormented me for so long burned to a crisp beneath the scorching divine flame.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: January 31, 2017, 12:36:09 am »

Killed final boss and its most of its minions while being underpowered (two tiers below the 'recommended' and with much lower firepower than what seems to be expected).
Probably took me over an hour to kill the boss alone, I even took break to take a shower as my shields regenerated and a few factions killed each other (you can't pause the game).
It was probably the most stupid way I've ever decided to finish a game..well, as long as we forget I decided to finish No Man's Sky no matter what and did it.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:06:52 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: February 01, 2017, 09:34:02 am »

I stormed the Hotel Paradiso with the Blackburn FAF and the Stromer .223, destroying the last of the Marcano crime family in a hail of gunfire. I only used three grenades and two adrenaline shots too. Normally, I sneak into the targets and systematically dismantle the guards with sneak attacks, blade and silenced Masterson my favorites, with the Screaming Zemi + wait a while + throw a frag when they gather up tactic as a close second, but I just walked right in the front fucking door and started blowing greaseballs away.

Took about five minutes, and I felt like a goddamn badass.

Mafia III
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: February 03, 2017, 09:36:28 pm »

I won Legend of Zelda I. The first quest anyway.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: February 05, 2017, 07:40:58 pm »

Finished Dark Souls III finally, but my major own was against the twin princes. I was having a devil of a time getting through the second half of the fight. My roll, poke, and occasionally rolling powerslam did a fine job against the first stage, but I kept getting coldcocked in the second half. Died more times than I'm comfortable saying. Got up, got a drink, sat down, put some very incongruous music on, and tried again.

I Didn't look at his health bar at all during the fight I just moved along to the rhythm and took hits where could. I have no idea how long I took, I just know I was rather surprised when the two of them stopped moving, and I still had more than half my estus left.

DSIII
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: February 06, 2017, 12:53:25 am »

Standard for anyone who does the missions & main money-making method, but...

For some reason I think this game might actually be a little easier than some of the 3d versions, courtesy of auto-aim and the like.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: February 06, 2017, 05:36:15 pm »

Won as the Warriors of Chaos on very hard with Archaon as the LL. I could've actually won before Sarthorael spawned, but Empire revived from a rebellion in VC territory.

With that, I've completed on vh them, the beastmen, and the beastmen minicampaign.

Total War: Warhammer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: February 06, 2017, 07:32:36 pm »

I completed Open Season is the most bellicose and violently insane manner possible. 

I walked into the Pack Leader's section and blasted him in the face with my megabat about five times, and he died. Then I took ALL the drugs and took about five minutes annihilating the remaining Pack gangers in the area with a combination of my bat and Plasma Grenades. Then I entered the main area of Nuka-Town USA and used my Plasma Sniper rifle to obliterate the gangers there, including Shank and the female Operator boss. It took about fifteen minutes, and my left arm and right leg were damaged into the red. I popped into the Parlor and dropped all five of my Nuka-Grenades and easily wiped out William and his seven or so backups.

I soldiered on toward Fizztop Mountain, using a combination of my Plasma rifle and my awe-inspiring array of melee skills to defeat the resistance around the big pond. It's pretty awesome to run into a pack of four high level raiders, knock them all fifteen feet in the air and twenty feet away, then splatter their skulls across the cobblestone with a single swipe. All four, all at once.

Anyway, I entered Fizztop to face down Nisha, the final leader. Owing to the natural design of the chamber within and my rather slow speed, I took a LOT of damage. They completely destroy my arm and leg armor, brought my torso to red, and damaged my helmet pretty bad. Oh, they did my health in damage about six times over, but I had 86 stimpacks. They brought me down to like 75~ as I rampaged on the lowest level, blasting people off their feet and altering their bodily composition with gusto.

Then I ran up the stairs, killed two Raiders at a corner, and got to the second to the top level, at the corner.

Six raiders, two named high-level raiders, and Nisha greeted me with a hail of gunfire and flashing steel. I greeted them with EVEN MORE DRUGS and the vicious swipe of my bat.

At the end, I cast down the cruel slavers of Nuka-Town USA and freed the Traders that once owned the place.

Fallout 4
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: February 06, 2017, 08:20:08 pm »

Started playing it, since the previous game and the open-source clone I've found of the previous game were nigh-impossible to actually succeed at due to bugs and bullshit. Even the tutorial scenarios are still fairly difficult, and the game still has some bullshittery. This particular tutorial mission, the briefing only says I need 1000 people and 75 favor with Rome. After I built up most of the city and running really low on denarii, I look at the ratings advisor and notice that I also need culture and prosperity(entertainment and happy orgy monkeys patricians). Also wasn't making back wages to the plebs and equites through taxes and trade(doesn't help that I didn't place and patrician villas).

Despite that, and a later demand from Rome for the only thing I could trade(pottery), I managed to pull through. Seeing as I had a large number of unemployed plebs, I discovered a good ratio of 2:3 clay camps to potteries(and that you can in fact put two clay camps on one resource), and started pump out pottery. Meeting Rome's demand before the lack of pottery to both trade and residents caused serious harm pushed my favor over the required amount. The output of pottery was also traded for much-needed money, allowing me to place an actor guild and theatre(culture), and to widen my water coverage to place patrician villas(with the theatre's effect, they evolved for prosperity). All that was left was to place a couple of insulae to finish the mission.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: February 06, 2017, 09:35:30 pm »

I love the Caesar games, but holy shit are they broken sometimes. Impressions/Sierra/Vivendi made some hypothetically great niche games that were just rife with areas of poor execution and obvious "hustle to ship" issues. I want to love them, I really do, but sometimes the glaring issues are just too much to overcome.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: February 06, 2017, 09:58:25 pm »

I love the Caesar games, but holy shit are they broken sometimes. Impressions/Sierra/Vivendi made some hypothetically great niche games that were just rife with areas of poor execution and obvious "hustle to ship" issues. I want to love them, I really do, but sometimes the glaring issues are just too much to overcome.

PLEBS ARE NEEDED
PLEBS ARE NEEDED
PLEBS ARE NEEDED
PLEBS ARE NEEDED
PLEBS ARE NEEDED x503

Don't know if it still does this. Caesar 2 did this. It did it a lot.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 709