Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292499 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7590 on: May 30, 2017, 10:55:02 am »

Space Russia has been breathing down my neck for a while now. I'm a small, relatively inoffensive nation consisting of just four colonized worlds. We are wise in the ways of science, and have advanced construction techniques that have allowed us to build multiple habitat stations in order to upscale our production. Through various measures, our fleet cap is 724.

Space Russia has inferior technology, but somehow has a fleet cap that is so far superior to ours that their entire empire is considered OVERWHELMING. Space Russia demands our Vassalization.

We say no, rather pointedly, then offer a diplomatic insult.

They declare war next year. They demand 3/4 of our worlds, and the destruction of our frontier outposts. I demand the liberation of the worlds the just colonized on my doorstep.  We scuffle for a bit, and two tactical retreats later I manage to crush their main fleet between my fleet and a Battle Fortress class defense station. A quick blitz later and I'm able to force peace, humiliating them liberating a trio of the worlds I wanted. I immediately vassalize these new worlds into my empire, which thrills them to no end.

Ten years later, I've modernized the fleet, and Space Russia is knocking again. Their empire is still fuckhuge, and their max fleet capacity is still Superior as compared to mine. However, this time their actual fleet power is... pathetic? Wait, what?

It's at this point I realize just how poorly they've expanded. For the most part, they've just been gobbling up all the empty space between the stars. Their development is shot, and will likely continue to be shot for another decade. They'd hoped to quickly crush us, but the destruction of their one doomstack dealt them a blow they couldn't recover from AND continue development on their ~30 worlds.

This time, I was the one who declared war, and I cored them like an apple. The battle was swift, and rather painfully easy. Their largest fleet this time was only a 3k, and was swept aside in the first assault. I liberated their homeworld and the four worlds in closest proximity, the well developed, highly productive, center of their kingdom.

Their empire literally splintered after the war was over, turning into six separated little blobs of poorly developed worlds, and I gained a powerful new ally from the liberated worlds.

It was a good little campaign. I'm looking forward to seeing if the ~25 worlds that remain in the control of Space Russia can pull their shit together, or if systemic unrest due to humiliation and resource shortages will fragment them further.

Stellaris
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: May 30, 2017, 08:24:51 pm »

After several hull revisions, and a few complete rebuilds, I finally got a workable destroyer design. I've successfully tested it against a few faction ships, losing twice, once to the OW Bastion, and the GT Aardsnel - the Aardsnel was actually an airship more heavily armed than I expected. It only lost to the Bastion because it's packing three oversized CRAM cannons that load to a high damage much faster than any CRAM I've setup, and they seem to just lock directly on to the ammo storage. I repaired it via the repair tool during the battle and managed to sink it anyway.

Spoiler: First design (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Second design (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The finished design (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: May 30, 2017, 09:34:28 pm »

Particle collider damage carry + frog pipe + 17% debuff duration = UNLEASH THE FROGS

Hit and miss as hell to get something like this going, and I really probably should swap the pipe out for something else 'cause this mess is lagging my computer once the unending (until everything dies, anyway) frog march starts, but damn. This is why I keep slamming my head into this thing. Glorious, glorious absurdity.

Spoiler: For size (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:35:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: May 31, 2017, 12:25:32 pm »

After playing about a dozen botmatches, trying to get back up to the level I was when I last played and failing miserably, I said 'fuck it' and decided to play a real match against actual players.

They were destroyed. I got 10 kills and never died. their entire team only got 1 kill and didn't even take out a turret.  Apparently the game's bots are overtuned to insane levels and after going toe to toe with opponents who were literally aimbotting and had literal instant reaction times, actual players could hardly touch me.   Goes to show, vs AI is not always the 'get the hang of the game' mode.  (I mean hell, aimbot snipers in FPSes are bad but bot Raelynn will take your ass out before you can even see eachother.)

Awesomenauts

That said I'm not a fan of Rocco's killing spree musicSkølldir and Nibbs have the best killing spree music.  But Skølldir as a tank will hardly ever hear it, and since Nibbs was part of DLC I didn't have last I played I didn't get her killing spree music for free.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:43:27 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: June 01, 2017, 04:41:34 am »

Got two kills with an M1911. As NLF.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: June 01, 2017, 06:08:15 am »

Got my first FOXHOUND rating. Granted, it was a piss-easy mission. Rescuing a prisoner being guarded by 4-5 Walker Gears. Had Quiet distract the pilots, leaving me to hold up one pilot and steal his Gear. When a jeep came by to pick up the prisoner, the drivers were quickly neutralized and the jeep stolen as well. Extracted another Walker Gear(and the prisoner of course), and drove another Walker Gear to the edge of the mission area before extracting it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: June 01, 2017, 02:36:18 pm »

I will spare the details, but I killed five Gunners, three Enclave scientists, three Enclave power armored soldiers, five regular Enclave soldiers, a Vertibird, a Deathclaw, and a few ferals. In one insane, drug fuelled firefight.

Fallout 4 modded
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: June 02, 2017, 04:36:05 pm »

After having it on my 3DS for about a year and a half, I finally completed all the puzzles with all the puzzle challenges completed. There's just now five specific achievements that don't reveal themselves until you complete all the puzzles left to accomplish(plus the one achievement for completing every other achievement).

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: June 02, 2017, 05:25:31 pm »

I took a rocket voltic and shot myself over an entire small mountain. When I landed, I hit a player.

GTA V Online.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: June 03, 2017, 02:48:34 am »

Starpoint Gemini 2. Origins. {Because free SG2 is great when it was!}

I've modded the game to have customized officers [and, frankly, modded the campaign to have a female character in the campaign because I'm silly in doing the Origins campaign again while not being Adrian Faulkner]--knowing to have modded things with your own initiative is something nice.

But going out as an Engineer class, and BOARDING the stuffing out of bigger ships than my puny gunship with hacking-aids is even nicer \o/ I'm fully safe and covered financially, and riding my way into a Carrier-class ship soon enough. Propped up with those expensive [million or so] enhancements + weapons, and in Extreme difficulty it's like a time of life or death.

And bloody ambushes with battleships that I've to run away from but still win against due to these financial boosts due to hacking abilities. One example is how I captured a frigate with...1 trooper remaining alive. Out of the 22 troopers [after replenishing them and re-raiding the thing], 14 remained after clearing the deck out of 20 on board. Boarding is ALWAYS at the disadvantage of the boarder as the game uses 'teleporters' (basically your transporter, with a maximum capacity of 'always below 30') and the frigate was at 42 at the start. First raiding run got it to 20. With a transporter cap of ~18, I had 14 left. The enemy ship, while displaying "0" troopers [boarding marines], still has its crew, so troopers die even when boarding a '0 crew' ship. From 14 troopers, 13 died while trying to take the ship.

I had 1 trooper left, and a really nice expensive frigate to sell! ♥ It's nice to imagine how the battle goes however. :P Weeks of training of anti-boarding on basically any ship, and it gives quite a nice thought to dwell on (in between PTE movement between places, the mind wanders in open space...)

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: June 03, 2017, 06:48:54 pm »

The Officer Quarters is usually a very difficult objective to capture, especially when it's being guarded by players, since it's the only objective left after capturing the fortress gates and involves assaulting a heavily fortified position that sits on a hill. However, there's an open gate in the back of the fortress most players are unaware of, so while the attackers were attacking the gate, I snuck around the back and camped the Officer Quarters until the gates were captured, enabling me to quickly capture the OQ once it became capturable and before the defending team could move to defend it.
Ninja cap! Nin, nin!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: June 03, 2017, 06:58:04 pm »

Some random bishop in Scotland inexplicably had a claim on Middle Francia.

Bryten is now about 20 counties larger.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: June 03, 2017, 07:52:00 pm »

So long as he isn't heir, yes. I'm unsure if you can make him take vows if he does something bad and you legitimately arrest him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: June 03, 2017, 11:58:54 pm »

Ooh, I forgot about the scurvy method. I'll have to try that once he grows up, since I have primo and therefore can't deliberately disinherit him.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: June 04, 2017, 07:49:38 am »

I now have an enchanted legendary dragon bone dagger named "Grelod the Kind". Guess who donated the soul needed to enchant it? Also, guess who the unenchanted version was used to kill?

Skyrim can be awesome sometimes...

I plan to make one such weapon (not all daggers, but all high grade enchanted) for every notable target in the Dark Brotherhood quest line. I promise I'm not a psycho ;)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 709