Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292578 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7605 on: June 04, 2017, 08:38:16 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: June 04, 2017, 12:10:16 pm »

In all fairness, assassination is a very profitable business in a world where sniper rifles don't exist - the necessity of getting close to your target to take them out (unless you use bows but those have their own issues) allows you to charge lots and lots of gold and still get customers. It does require a certain moral bankruptcy in oneself, yes, but by no means are they all psychopaths.

:P
Black lives matter.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: June 04, 2017, 12:16:00 pm »

Last night I wandered into a human hamlet in adventure mode, walked into the lord's home and, once I claimed the place as my own and he objected, threw my axe at him. He survived, but surrendered and I became the new lord. I was gonna invite him to stay as a hearthperson but as he was crawling to the door he bled out. His head is sat outside as a reminder of what happens when you cross me. :3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: June 04, 2017, 01:57:15 pm »

In all fairness, assassination is a very profitable business in a world where sniper rifles don't exist - the necessity of getting close to your target to take them out (unless you use bows but those have their own issues) allows you to charge lots and lots of gold and still get customers. It does require a certain moral bankruptcy in oneself, yes, but by no means are they all psychopaths.

:P
Quote from: TF2 Sniper
I'm not a 'crazed gunman' dad, I'm an assassin.
Well the difference being one's a job and the other's mental sickness!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: June 04, 2017, 07:16:28 pm »

Quote from: TF2 Sniper
I'm not a 'crazed gunman' dad, I'm an assassin.
Well the difference being one's a job and the other's mental sickness!
Quote from: From an old YT video with Billy Mays as Sniper's dad
Billy Mays: Are you shitting me?!
Sniper: Ah, piss.
Said video.

------

Turns out I didn't have the GROM-11 *3. I had the *4. The first couple of APC's went up in flames in one shot. A few of the more armored APC's and a couple of tanks weren't blown up, they were stolen mid-battle - the tanks were stolen during a sandstorm. Props to the Support Unit for giving me a 100% on that. The first two APC's stolen were done by throwing a smoke grenade into the back of the first as it opened(immobilizing the squad inside), Fultoning it, smoke at the other APC, Fulton, then a hand grenade at where the first one was because the troops inside it dropped(unharmed) when their ride disappeared. I think a couple were counted as extracted, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: June 04, 2017, 08:46:29 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: June 04, 2017, 09:36:10 pm »

First, this is glorious. Second, congratulations, fellow Caliph! How long did it take you?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: June 04, 2017, 09:49:40 pm »

Formed the Arabian Empire in the late 1100s. My progress was mostly slowed by bordergore and Pisan interference--the hazy Seljuk/Fatimid border that straddles Aleppo and Arabia makes taking land there a bit of a mess, and when I took Egypt the Fatimids still had Cyrenaica, while the sultan of Africa was dealing with a revolt and had a bunch of territory taken by Pisan holy wars.

The Seljuks' unexpected conversion to Zoroastrianism did not help matters, seeing as Subjugation is much easier to spam than jihad or invasions.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: June 04, 2017, 10:02:49 pm »

Yes.

After several missions (including my first forays into the continent of Africa), I'm proud to award the Distinguished Service Medal to Glacier Cat, signifying his major contributions to the Combat Unit, and the Special Service as a whole. Though the medal requires a significant amount of courage, dedication, and determination to acquire, Glacier Cat was able to complete the necessary number of missions to earn the medal with only a Combat Unit Suitability of "C", and his example should inspire all members of Special Service to perform above the call of duty.

This man is only the first of many Combat Unit members I plan on sending out into the field, and with the promising growths in proficiency Glacier Cat has experienced (improving his Combat Unit Suitability all the way to "A"), I hope his comrades will be willing to take a direct role in accomplishing missions as well.

That's all I wanted to say. Thank you for listening. Dismissed!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: June 05, 2017, 12:44:04 am »

Defeated many opponents in open battle and in villages. At war with the khergits and sarranids simultaneously, having completely consumed the swadians.

Captured Sanjar Khan in one battle, also captured three of his noyans and convinced an emir of the sultanate to join the Rhodok cause. Meanwhile the sultan is indicting half his vassals for treason anyway. Havent actually made too much headway in capturing holdings of either nation but i personally captured a castle without aid, then recaptured it by demanding the guards surrender when Graveth decided to keep it for himself and apparently posted a really weak garrison. The vaegers and nords have been mostly having a go at one another off and on for half the year, and havent declared war on us. Oh, but after Kurnias was indicted for treason and fled to the nords i convinced him to let me marry his sister, lady Timethi, since her other suitors were now in a different faction i became the defacto best candidate.

Ive got Halmar, Tilbaut castle and several villages in the ass end of nowhere i can barely keep afloat because they keep getting raided. The castle and town both have 100-strong garrisons and counting and im still making enough to keep them afloat.

And its nearly Christmas to boot.

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: June 05, 2017, 12:45:39 pm »

Skyrim is so broken when playing as a master illusionist. I just got the last raw materials for my "Vittoria Vici" bow by launching soul trap and pacify so they both were in the air at the same time (soul trap a split second before pacify). This didn't even cause a pause in her speech (soul trap is considered an attack). Then I could follow up with an arrow, and finally harmony so I could walk right past the guards to loot her jewelry.

Boooring.

It's even more broken when you use harmony to pacify a whole dungeon, then just walk around slitting throats (or just walk past everyone).

In other news: I now have more quality enchanted weapons than I can ever use, all with "interesting" names...

Anyone have any suggestions for a weapon+enchantment fit for an emperor? I can smith anything, and dual enchantments are possible.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: June 05, 2017, 12:50:34 pm »

Enchantment/Alchemy loop your way into a Demon Suplex Ring to increase your fist damage until you can one-punch man your way through dragons.

Then go to the Nexus and install mods so you can play an illusionist like a real man.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: June 05, 2017, 01:49:13 pm »

Fiery Soul Trap for damage + soul trapping, secondary would depend on what you really want to do. Could go for Fear, maybe. That would be cool.

Anything you put as a secondary with FST is also much stronger, so there's that to consider.
Black lives matter.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: June 05, 2017, 03:50:23 pm »

Hmm... I hadn't seen that particular enchantment before. It'll probably be worth hunting down just for the coming "event".

Sadly an alchemy/enchant loop isn't feasible for this character without tremendous work, my alchemy is only at 16!

Unrelated: I oneshotted a "sleeping" ancient dragon with one of my trophy daggers! Sneaking close enough to hit one at rest practically requires a fluke, they normally take off even if they can't see you.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: June 05, 2017, 05:10:21 pm »

I quit GTA V Online.

This has led to a significant improvement in the enjoyability of my game time, akin to an IRL own.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 709