Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260151 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7995 on: September 16, 2017, 11:10:16 am »

That sounds like a machine that a Disney villain would build. I am applauding it with gusto.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: September 17, 2017, 01:02:47 am »

I built a pretty cool ship/barge in From the Depths. It has four small tribarrel 40mm AA guns mounted on deck, and 120 vertical cell missile launchers down the middle (2, 60-cell launchers).

Top speed is 10m/s... In ship mode.

Hold down "o" for a few seconds and the ship rises up out of the water until its flat bottom is resting on the surface, held up by downward facing props. As the ship rises its main props come out of the water, so you may as well shut them off. As soon as it is up and the main props are off, you can kick on the real main drive, two massive jet engines. Top speed? 145m/s.

Under the centerline of the ship are two hydrofoil pylons, each set to different fixed angles discovered via a great deal of trial and error. These keep the ship level when at top speed, otherwise it would pitch one way or another due to weight imbalances. I tried to autobalance the hydrofoils with a PID, but that worked poorly at best. This thing seems to be more stable if the front and back hydrofoils are set differently, not simply mirroring each other.

There is a nice big bare spot on the deck, right over the engines where I couldn't fit recessed missile cells. I ought to put a cannon turret there, but then I would have to rebalance the hydrofoils... I probably will put something there at some point.

Really, there are only two things I don't like about this ship:
1) It goes really, really fast, but you pay for it in fuel. Lots and lots of fuel.
2) The AI can't use the fancy main drive properly. I ended up removing the naval AI card and just driving it myself if it needs to go somewhere while in play. Luckilly it sits really low in the water and has strong shields, so just letting it sit off to the side and pound stuff with its missiles works just fine (the shields run off RTGs, so the only thing that takes fuel is the main drive).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: September 17, 2017, 06:36:03 am »

(2, 60-cell launchers).
You have two 60 block-long missile launchers? How long do those take to reload?

Also, how did you separate shields and engines from using fuel? Shields still take engine power to run.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: September 17, 2017, 07:33:59 am »

(2, 60-cell launchers).

Also, how did you separate shields and engines from using fuel? Shields still take engine power to run.

I seem to recall the option to configure how much of the fuel engine power is available for shields, setting that option to 0% would allow this behaviour. Might even be per engine too.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: September 17, 2017, 08:28:28 am »

I built a moat and some magma forges without any deaths.

Df
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: September 17, 2017, 12:43:03 pm »

I made a custom spelunky level that was 20 vampires and a machete for the player.

I won.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: September 17, 2017, 01:21:46 pm »

The machete is pretty darn good, at least in the free PC version. It's strong and swings in an arc.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: September 17, 2017, 01:41:37 pm »

The machete is pretty darn good, at least in the free PC version. It's strong and swings in an arc.

On the one hand, you're right.

On the other hand, you have to press X like five times to kill one vampire and my finger hurts.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: September 17, 2017, 02:02:38 pm »

No, no, 2 sets of launchers, each of which has 60 launch cells. I tried adding some huge missiles in the "blank spot", but they take too long to load...

RTGs and electric engines. Since the only thing that needs engine power is shields and the manuver engines, it only take... Well, lots and lots... I filled in the space between the jets with large RTGs, and barely had enough power for all the shields.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: September 18, 2017, 04:51:15 am »

I feel that it might be a bit of a flaw in the mod, but I've found out something that helps drastically in trying to win with the Eldar.

There are two research topics in the Soul Shrine. The first one is an upgrade to Dire Avengers that increases their weapon and grenade throw ranges as well as improving their damage against infantry and grenade recharge rate. vehicles and buildings. The second is a similar upgrade for Dark Reapers that increases their range to gun emplacement levels as well as improving their damage and fire-rate. Both of these go a long way to having a functional defensive line.

It seems odd to have such game changing upgrades, especially for two units that make up the majority of your infantry frontline. Along with this discovery has come a string of victories as I can now actually outrange and outgun things like Imperial Guardsmen and Ork Shootas.

Dawn of War: Soulstorm - Ultimate Apocalypse mod.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: September 18, 2017, 05:20:57 am »

Eldar are pretty OP if you kite like crazy. Their WHOLE BASE can kite. So. Yeah.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: September 18, 2017, 06:23:22 am »

Eldar are pretty OP if you kite like crazy. Their WHOLE BASE can kite. So. Yeah.

The Eldar are very good at kiting. Especially with the mod where you can build webways that work with vehicles. However, some of the things other factions get like multiple titans for Orks, long range artillery for Imperial Guard and flamethrower baneblades, the Eldar infantry and vehicles really can't do too much. Glass cannons are really difficult when your opponent has a giant hammer and it often gets to a point where I can't do anything to overcome the enemy forces.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: September 18, 2017, 05:40:37 pm »

The morning after defeating the Eye of Cthulhu, I'm getting the materials together for the Dryad's house when I get a notification of a goblin army approaching from the east.

Unfortunately, "approaching from the east" meant literally five steps away. I tried to lure them away from the village, but the Guide and Merchant decided to follow. They got quite a few kills themselves, but... Isaac the Merchant, you'll be missed. Connor the Guide...
Spoiler: not so much. (click to show/hide)

In hindsight, if I had stayed in the village, they probably would have survived. When I was eventually pushed back that way, the Nurse's healing effect was erasing any damage on both the Arms Dealer and herself instantly.

At the end, much cash was picked up. I just hope that it's those two who respawn, since besides the Dryad, there's at least one other NPC I've unlocked but haven't built a house for.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: September 18, 2017, 10:46:33 pm »

Spoiler: Fox Two! (click to show/hide)

This is more fun than it has any business being.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: September 19, 2017, 12:01:43 am »

Can you do a barrel roll?
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 708