Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289478 times)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8070 on: October 11, 2017, 03:55:26 pm »

I had no idea CMC's had mass drivers. I always shipped a couple when they were established.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: October 12, 2017, 08:39:41 am »

No alder or rowan trees to strip bark from? Also nearly all of those animals have fat you can use for tanning, usually just enough to tan the hide.

Made over $100k from logging in one run. Discovered that you have to cut a trunk into logs because both they won't fit on the trailer and because it's worth more money per log(since the whole trunk lacks straightness, resulting in a value penalty). Five trees, and each log was worth $3k-$7k(with a few $10k pieces). By comparison, a full tipper wagon(the 21000l one, not the starter) of grain tends to give between $10k-$20k depending on prices, and prices will tank after that.

I couldn't figure out how to dump the logs off the trailer, so I simply dunked the entire trailer in the mill pond because when the logs touch to water, they disappear and you get the money. I was able to pull it out after.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: October 12, 2017, 11:38:24 am »

---

I was about to go all passive aggressive on you until I realised you weren't speaking of the great game known as IRL.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: October 12, 2017, 12:37:15 pm »

A fallen log will do as a surface for tanning.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: October 12, 2017, 02:52:50 pm »

The glorious colonial Portuguese empire, personal union of Poland and Naples and Aragon, capavle of fielding 132k men, was ground to standstill by my glorious Brandenburg forces of mere 25k!

I must also thank my vassal-allies, Holstein, Hamburg, Meissen and Silesia, who either helped siege other Polish cities or kept newly-landing Portugal/Aragon invasion forces from landing on the coast before my guard would march there to toss the vile iberians into the sea. Even Bavaria helped, sending war subsidies despite our long-time hatred over religious differences.

After over 11 years of 'War of Hinterpommerian conquest', that part of Pomeranian coast is mine while Portugal also had to accept a humilitating demand for 675 ducats. As they rejected my peace offers earlier despite being much more generous, their stability is at -3 and black rebel stripes are showing up in some of their colonies already.

All in all, this was the longest, hardest, and most glorious war I had. Glory to Brandenburg!

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: October 12, 2017, 06:00:20 pm »

Won a few matches in a row with no effort at all  during my quest (together with a friend) to get level 15 with Cho'Gall. While spouting every ogre pun we could think of in allied chat.

Heroes of the Storm
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: October 12, 2017, 09:41:27 pm »

I got a new, better paying job near my house. I start at the end of the month and i already put my notice in so i get about a week and a half of vacation before then.

In vidyas, i started playing yakuza 0 again, im well on my way to topping the venus district now, all my girls are billion dollar sales machines.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: October 12, 2017, 09:45:34 pm »

Billion dollar? I basically do Kazuma’s business stuff to get pennies. Or will, anyway.

Think I basically spammed the Moon territory once I finished it to get side missions for the platinum girls done, and decided to start trying to get all the gold, silver, and bronze girls maxed out in the process.

It amuses me to see rich people get angry ‘cause the girls are rubbish.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: October 12, 2017, 10:26:24 pm »

Billion dollar? I basically do Kazuma’s business stuff to get pennies. Or will, anyway.

Think I basically spammed the Moon territory once I finished it to get side missions for the platinum girls done, and decided to start trying to get all the gold, silver, and bronze girls maxed out in the process.

It amuses me to see rich people get angry ‘cause the girls are rubbish.

i made so many customers angry cuz i kept throwing the annoying granny at the ones who annoyed me. i also spent soooo much time at the mars level just to work on yuki. plain, cute girl-next-door who doesn't buy into the whole nightlife thing and starts as a shrinking wallflower for you to help blossom into a social butterfly?

i never believed in the concept of waifus until now.

its just a side benefit that majima is now rich enough to buy entire islands

*edit: also that billion dollar sales machine i was talking about was yuki. and oddly enough my other million dollar seller is one of the bronze starting girls you have; wears a yellow suit with giant shoulder pads, ya know, the kind that was popular in the 80s. has elements of comedy and beauty? i think with good talking and partying skills. some nights this chick earns more than yuki
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:32:12 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: October 13, 2017, 08:58:04 am »

Finally completed all 50 battles in the Battle Tree, Super Single Battle mode.

God, that was a grueling, and utterly fraught run. It showed me some absolutely bullshit moments, some nailbiters, and that you can't just hyperoffense your way through everything. Post-40 wins the game started handing me some fairly bizarre teams, including three straight ones with trio legendaries.

My team:

Salamence @ Intimidate/Aerilate: Salamencite; Crunch/Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Facade; +attack -spatk nature, 252Atk/252Speed/4HP

Porygon-Z @ Adaptability: Normalium Z; Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Recover/(Z) Conversion; +spatk -attack, 252Spatk/252Speed/4def

Aegislash (special based) @Stance Change: Rocky Helmet, sometimes swapped out for Leftovers; King's Shield/Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword, 0IV speed, quiet nature (+spatk, -speed), 252Spatk/i don't remember the other distributions.

The final battle came down to me and Red, with it all coming down to a Z-Conversion Porygon-Z Thunderbolt vs a Lapras on 85%. I'll run through it more in detail in the Pokemon thread.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: October 14, 2017, 06:50:54 pm »

Battle Mercy in FFA Deathmatch.

2nd place, 12 kills.  Play of the game, but it was only against a Tracer and a Junkrat.
The bar for play of the game seems pretty low for Mercy, since the top reaper managed to Death Blossom 3 random people.

Overwatch
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: October 16, 2017, 02:37:03 pm »

For some reason the Celts north of Rome thought it wise to attack the 3rd legion. My forces were 4 Triarii 4 Princeps 4 Attack dogs and 1 Velites (spelling may be off) against 4 Celtic slingers 1 Oathsworn 2 Light horse and 13 levy freemen. Not good odds for them anyway but they still attacked, one unit of dogs got 530 kills while the best of my actual soldiers got less than 200. A heroic victory apparently.

Rome II Total War.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: October 16, 2017, 02:49:01 pm »

It is 1st January 1800

Starting as humble mercantile Brandenburg, turning into Elector and briefly being HRE Emperor during the traumatic times of Protestantism, transforming and conquering my way to become Prussia in whole of 1600-1700s, meanwhile breaking the hegemonies of Portugal, Sweden, France and Austria, in that order, I completed German Unification after the highly profitable mercantile republic of Lubeck was annexed on the last day of 1799 while Dresden and Thuringen became cores few months prior.

Russia is in Personal Union with us, Polish-Bohemian union was disassembled (with the former being deleted from existence) while Sweden and Castille are our best friends.

Germany, a Constitutional Monarchy of fair warrior-kings and devoted, happy free subjects, race through tech tree as they left the ancient and backwards Holy Roman Empire behind. Such was an impact of this decision that numerous tiny lands in west send spies and diplomatic warnings towards the great Germany while Austria, the alliance-master and protector of Catholic faith himself begs for alliance with Germany.

21 years to go, and I dunno where to go, BUT I WILL BE FUN~!

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: October 16, 2017, 02:58:44 pm »

Learned how to hitch two wagons together, effectively doubling what I can ship. The best choice for this is the second cheapest tipper available - the Kröger Agroliner HKD 302. First of all it's a massive upgrade from the starting tipper wagon(21000l versus 8500l). However, by linking two HKDs together, that 21000l becomes 42000l, at slightly less than the equivalent cost per storage of higher-tier wagons like the Kröger TAW 30 or the Fliegl ASS 298, and the ASS requires a semi-truck or dolly attachment. The real cost reduction comes from maintenance, the HKD has a daily cost of $10($20 for two), while anything with a similar storage capacity has a maintenance cost of at least $40/day.

The hardest part is actually linking them. It's easiest if you park one trailer in front of the other, detatch and drive around to the back of the rear trailer and push until the drawbar hitch is right under the front trailer's rear attach point.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: October 16, 2017, 03:15:44 pm »

I decided to play a bit of Dungeon Siege 3. It isn't nearly as deep as 2, but it is a good source of dumb fun (and the story isn't half bad as such things go).

Anyway, totally ruined the Archon boss near the beginning, which I remember as the first boss that was actually difficult from earlier playthroughs. Anjali's various self healing effects can really add up in a hurry, and Chaos: Vampire rocks as a weapon effect.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 709