Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260140 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8370 on: February 12, 2018, 08:38:01 pm »

Elite Dangerous.

Found a location that, while it is 160000 out from the star at which it is located (about a 10m trip), gives out 5-6 missions every time to go kill the same pirates one system over, each of which pays between 1-5 million.

Going to finish out my missions tonight for a cool 15-20 million total.
* IronTomato sits in the corner, quietly pirating traders for a 30K haul every 20 minutes
* Culise quietly continues to drift coreward, 9227 ly from Sol and counting, making absolutely nothing
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:50:16 pm by Culise »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: February 13, 2018, 01:26:38 am »

Played 20XX we have not played in a few months, but a new character seemed like a good time to pick it up again.  Co-Op. I'm playing Nina, friend is playing the new whip person, Daily challenge.

Early on we see some prototype labs, I take a prototype upgrade that means I can't heal from pickups, but I fully heal after every boss.  Friend laughs at me for picking it.  We finish a stage, impressed by the apparent genius of my choice, he picks a prototype upgrade too.  He now can't attack or use boss weapons, but he has every minion bit in the game.  We continue on I pick up the 3x charge shot and the helmet that lets you fire 2 charge shots at once, and we're pumping basic attack power, since it buffs both my shots and his minions.

We get farther than we ever got, My friend is killing things simply by existing and is able to safely pick up ALL the health pickups, since I can't use them.  I'm hitting for over 100 damage with a charge shot (twice per charge to boot) I'm basically 2 shotting bosses, friend is doing the damage on the bosses I have difficulty reaching including it turns out, the last boss, as I struggled with the platforming.

We beat the game.   I didn't know it was possible, we beat the game.  We check the highscores and... we are not on it... friend assumes it was because we played through midnight and maybe it will be on tomorrow's.

20XX Daily Challenge

EDIT: Indeed we are on the one for the 13th  Ranked 2nd worldwide in both score and time unless someone else does better today.  Though for some reason the score pageis bugged to list the rankings inverted, and claims we were both playing Hawk
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 08:14:28 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: February 13, 2018, 01:53:09 pm »

Was pleasantly surprised with the results of a long battle in Aurora with some ancient robots, one of the enemy ships wasn't destroyed. Instead its engines were all blown out and its weapons were dry, a sitting duck in other words, perfect practice for marines.

I quickly (well quickly for a poor troop transport being 4 days picking up the marines and then another four loading them into dropships) dispatched a light assault carrier to capture the stricken ship. It went well although the ship seems glitched and thinks its not at port for shore leave and I now have a shiny old alien warship that has no ammo and a questionable point defence turret but does have ECM and a medium range sensor.

Aurora 4x
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: February 13, 2018, 09:04:43 pm »

Discovered how to run the game at more than single-digit frames-per-second. Muuuch better.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: February 13, 2018, 10:10:36 pm »

Returned to KSP to refine the SSTO design that I had been working on before. Aside from small tweaks to reduce weight and (hopefully) make the plane more aerodynamic, I decided to make a variation of the plane which isn't a single-stage ship like the normal one, but instead launched with two liquid-fuel boosters on the plane's tummy, containing two whiplash engines and doubling as drop tanks, allowing the plane to have well over 1000 more DeltaV when it reaches orbit. The rest of the mission after I accomplished this was simply me repeating the other couple of tests that I did forever ago, where I dropped some cargo off at the Mun in the form of a small rover, only this time instead of heading straight home I decided to aerobrake in Kerbin's atmosphere in order to return to low orbit, drop off some sciency shit at my space station, and then return home for realsies. Being able to do missions like these and then land back on the runway with basically all of the ship intact is still very satisfying.

Kerbal Space Program

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: February 14, 2018, 10:14:50 am »

My friend and I decided we weren't doing any silly jumping puzzles. Below is the result

Warframe
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:38 am »

I had a sex with a lizard.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:43:27 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: February 14, 2018, 01:41:19 pm »

When we did it was was with a dwarf, and it was gay.

Beat that, internet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: February 14, 2018, 03:15:30 pm »

Beat that, internet.
My main character was a female lizard last I played that, I saw the option to woo Fane (yaknow, the skeleton) and was like, 'There's no way this would ever work' and figured I'd see how far it let me go.  Apparently the coccyx is a very versatile bone.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:19:09 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: February 14, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »

Apparently the coccyx is a very versatile bone.

tee hee that sounded like it had cocks in it
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: February 14, 2018, 03:36:27 pm »

haw haw you said cocks
Black lives matter.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: February 14, 2018, 04:24:53 pm »

Beat that, internet.

I originally wanted to have a romance with Fane, but I fucked up his loyalty quest by thinking that the yellow exclamation marks will hang on until I speak to my companions (I was looting corpses). Cockblocked.jpg

Also, I play as Lohse (Female Human Origin Character), just to let you know.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: February 14, 2018, 04:31:01 pm »

Beat that, internet.

I originally wanted to have a romance with Fane, but I fucked up his loyalty quest by thinking that the yellow exclamation marks will hang on until I speak to my companions (I was looting corpses). Cockblocked.jpg

Also, I play as Lohse (Female Human Origin Character), just to let you know.

I was duo'ing and, had to make do with descriptions of the black dwarf on 7-foot lizardman gay sex scene. I'm told the tail positioning was quite explicit.

My character, Beardly Manchops, ended up with Sybille. This was much more vanilla, though no less...... detailed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: February 17, 2018, 06:45:17 am »

Spoiler: Latest contraption (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: February 17, 2018, 07:56:06 am »

Playing Battlefield 2: Project Reality Mod.

Multiplayer mode.

Be with israeli army squad, whole squad is doing their job fine. Manage to hold a village from consistent terrorist assaults, wave after wave.

Goddamn blitzkrieg - every 5 minutes.

Manage to capture village and hold it. Proceed to next village for an assault - all coordinated by our squad commander.

Reach village. Bunker up inside building and get swarmed by all sides.

I'm playing as a machine gunner. Manage to supress and mow down at least 12 enemies.

Remember the first floor of the building has a door - and the enemies have been trying to kamikaze us like crazy this round.

Run to first floor to cover door: There's already a machine gunner there.

Just as I come down the stairs and aim down the door, the other machine gunner who was covering the door has to reload - which takes a lot of time.

Suddenly, 5-6 terrorists come running in - knifes and explosives in hand.

Mow them down in the entryway without even aiming my machine gun.

Other machine gunner thanks me, I run back upstairs.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 708