Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260115 times)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8535 on: April 23, 2018, 12:05:42 pm »

played a bit of TF2 last night (by played I mean only playing on two fort for a few hours) surprisingly I was doing great even though I took a long break from it (also got a bit better at rocket jumping)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: April 23, 2018, 04:37:23 pm »

Had a regular pump-action shotgun, was building a bit around it's impressive number of bullets fired by stacking chances to proc poison/burn/electrical attacks as well as crit, which while not too impressive is bound to proc a decent number of times. I then find a triple bullet relic thingy, which while cutting the damage to a third also makes you fire three times as many bullets with each shot, so even more chances to proc and crit. I then find a minigun, while it's a bit clunky to use I decide to give it a shot with Tuvok which can get nasty at times.

I stand in front of him, spin up the mini-gun and his healthbar just melts, couldn't get him in one clip, but luckily I got the i-frames for my dash so darting around while reloading was pretty easy. Envyrok, the next boss who is usually a bitch to deal with because he tends to have a lot of invulnerable phases. Still, bastard melted all the same to point-blank bullet hell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: April 25, 2018, 04:14:31 am »

Started playing planetside 2 again.  A game I'm terrible at. I average a 0.71 Kill/death ratio.  Decided I'm gunna go whole hog at failure and play an infiltrator (stealth based sniper type), my hands down least played class.  I have enough certs(ingame currency) to buy a gun called a railjack, it's a sniper rifle with a slight firing delay, and seems much much better statistically than the one I start with.   

Friend claims the gun is absolutely worthless and I wasted my certs claiming the split second delay makes it unusable.  My friend is much better at planetside 2 than me, and actually plays the infiltrator class regularly.

2 hours later I have a Kill/death ratio approaching 8 and I'm doing better than he is.  This isn't the first time this kind of thing happened either.  It also happened first time I tried flying fighter planes, and when I first started playing a heavy gunner.  What is it with this game and coming back to it after a long hiatus or trying something new, that makes me kick butt, but once I start doing something regularly in it I fail utterly?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: April 25, 2018, 04:49:53 am »

Was heading to a lookout post, on the way I see a marker for animal vocalizations. I look over and see a bunch of whitetailed jackrabbits. I lift my rifle and take a shot at one. According to the report, the bullet hit the dome of the skull, but was listed as a flesh wound, but was still fatal.

The next rabbit I shot, much later and somewhere else, the bullet went through the side of the chest and both lungs before going out the other end. Both rabbits got a 0% integrity* score. Then again, it was .243 soft-point.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hotfire90

« Reply #8539 on: April 25, 2018, 12:15:55 pm »

Beat the final boss with the 1-hit hero badge equipped.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: April 25, 2018, 07:02:58 pm »

Figured out how to operate a lure call. Previously, I'd just happen upon an animal, put a round into its chest, and it'd promptly piss off somewhere not giving a crap about the rifle bullet in its chest.

Was following some blacktail deer tracks in an apparent circle, when I hear an animal call behind me - it's a blacktail's mating call(again, behind me). I get myself on a nice boulder with a good view in the direction the call came from, and send a reply(you start with a lure that mimics the sounds of a blacktail or whitetail doe in heat). Sure enough, half a minute later, a doe comes trotting up to my boulder. I hit her in the center of the chest, and get a second shot off before she recovers. The hunting report said that the first shot took out 96% of her health, the second was to the skull and got 3%(the other 1% was blood loss).

A short distance away, I start hearing more mating calls. I repeat the trick, and after the second call I look around towards where I came from and see another doe. Another double-tap drops her. The difference here is that the first shot only hit for 6%, but the second hit several vital organs.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: April 26, 2018, 01:07:02 am »

What happens to the bullet once it hits the skull? Does it just bounce off or does it somehow curve around it?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: April 26, 2018, 03:28:06 am »

I don't actually know. I'm not sure how accurate the ballistics are, but the bullets you start with are listed as soft-point rounds. So they might not be penetrating the skull, but impacting against it and killing through blunt force trauma.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: April 26, 2018, 03:41:10 am »

Soft point or no soft point, with your average deer rifle there is little chance of not penetrating the skull. If you are using a varmint rifle with a light load and it hits at a high angle there is a decent chance it will skip off, but a square hit should still penetrate no problem though.

Now body hits are a different story. Most animals are pretty tough, and unless you hit something vital they can often escape (hence why hunters need to be pretty good shots).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: April 26, 2018, 07:09:15 pm »

Figured out how to operate a lure call. Previously, I'd just happen upon an animal, put a round into its chest, and it'd promptly piss off somewhere not giving a crap about the rifle bullet in its chest.

Was following some blacktail deer tracks in an apparent circle, when I hear an animal call behind me - it's a blacktail's mating call(again, behind me). I get myself on a nice boulder with a good view in the direction the call came from, and send a reply(you start with a lure that mimics the sounds of a blacktail or whitetail doe in heat). Sure enough, half a minute later, a doe comes trotting up to my boulder. I hit her in the center of the chest, and get a second shot off before she recovers. The hunting report said that the first shot took out 96% of her health, the second was to the skull and got 3%(the other 1% was blood loss).

A short distance away, I start hearing more mating calls. I repeat the trick, and after the second call I look around towards where I came from and see another doe. Another double-tap drops her. The difference here is that the first shot only hit for 6%, but the second hit several vital organs.

Oh thank goodness, I thought that was real.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: April 26, 2018, 07:52:56 pm »

Pfft, if I were to go hunting for real, I'd probably fail so hard at it the deer would come up just to laugh at me. And I still wouldn't be able to hit it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: April 26, 2018, 10:55:52 pm »

I didn’t know you were a rookie XCOM soldier.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: April 26, 2018, 11:00:49 pm »

Nah he’s the most senior assault trooper with a shottie at point blank.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: April 27, 2018, 07:56:03 am »

Pfft, if I were to go hunting for real, I'd probably fail so hard at it the deer would come up just to laugh at me. And I still wouldn't be able to hit it.
Good. :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: April 27, 2018, 02:02:52 pm »

Hyrule Total War - troubles of balancing and realism in fantasy mods:
Sheikah ninjas. Throwing 30-40 cm long iron needles. With the range of the crossbowmen. With precision that makes said crossbowmen die from envy (might be an exagerration, but still). Killing and breaking apart charriot with skeleton riders, pulled by two skeletal horses. All through the rock-solid 4 meters thick wall and 20-meters long stone building (last is due to a bug, though. Ikana map is not famous for it's finished state. I'm surprised that it otherwise works perfectly, with the bug of that magnitude). And they are able to easily kill said pretty armored charriots because they have "armor-piercing" abilty (ignore half of enmy's armor). Iunderstand that they are ninjas, and it's a "glass cannon" faction, but the whole cocept of hand-thrown needles not only being armor-piercing, but also having such a range is mind-boggling.
     It's also "how did you last die?" - troubles of hitboxes, models and animations in MTW2 mods. Ikana seemingly always have Gomess (their "titan" unit. Unkillable with anything short of ballista or a lot of mages) sitting in their capital. When i tried to shoot her with said ninjas from the wall, they (with damn great precision!) threw their needles at spot about a foot above her head. I'm not sure if her hitbox was actually a lot higher than it looks like, but they didn't managed to kill her anyways, and thus all my army died.
     And it's also "how you was last baffled?". Their wiki helpahs are sure like getting ahead of development and themsleves. In late 2017, HTW wiki had a page with big and detailed description of Majora's invasion and Ooccas aiding other races if it gets out of control. Thing is:
a) It's was portrayed as fully implemented and working thing.
b) It never ever existed in the game, and, since mod moved to 0AD, will never ever exist. There wasn't even enough of proper models for Majora's faction.
c) This gibberish sit there (in one form or another) from goddamned 2015 year! At the moment it was very long term goal. It's like someone suddenly flooding DF wiki with "info" about "100% finished and working" magic made up from devplan, future of the fortress thread and their own imagination. And suddenly gaining immunity to bans to boot.
I think some months in 0AD port development someone had enough decency to put "it was just a planned feature" note in it. Then it probably got deleted outright, because i can't find it now.
But now i taken a look at the wiki to remeber what lenght ninja needles had, and what do i see? Some sheikah units are marked as units unique for one of their heroes you got to choose at the start of the game! For reals, guys? According to dev plan, it's 16 faction to be implemented. Now, after 7-9 months of active development, dev only makes faction 6. Just... damn.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 02:05:16 pm by MCreeper »
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 708