Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275651 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8655 on: June 16, 2018, 03:52:35 pm »

Beat a giant praying mantis that did two damage with every hit, effectively reducing me to only four HP in a battle where there are no openings long enough to heal oneself. Fought tooth and nail (pun intended) and managed to emerge victorious with only one HP remaining.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: June 17, 2018, 02:55:27 pm »

One of the new random events added is the Aerial Anomaly. During this event, all aircraft are free. The anomaly spawned over friendly territory, though it moves over time.

What happened next is pretty much what you can expect when you put up a literal giant flashing sign that says "free aircraft!!" and a waypoint. Much hilarity was had, and I even managed to score several air-to-air kills with the Needler(the default, and generally best air-to-air nosegun). Like, legitimate 1v1 kills even. Best kill, was tumbling about trying to get away from an enemy Valkyrie whose pilot just ditched. Said pilot dropped right onto me and died, giving me a Roadkill bonus.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: June 17, 2018, 06:22:39 pm »

After learning from my previous failure in openxcom extended + ... I ... I won !
Couldn't believe it after losing so many squaddies, we defeated the alien invasion !

Super annoying that when you win a mission you recover everything excepted for armors from your dead squaddies, having to constantly re-manufacture armors isn't really great.
But in the same time, when you think your half of the time a power armor protect nothing and your squaddie die from 1 shot, you wonder if it's worth manufacturing, at least the flying version of the power armor has an obvious good use.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:28:40 pm by Robsoie »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: June 17, 2018, 06:27:12 pm »

Why do you have soldiers dual-wielding two-handed weapon?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: June 17, 2018, 06:29:09 pm »

Probably because the game let me do that ?
(and the accuracy loss of it is nearly negated by just kneeling)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: June 18, 2018, 03:25:09 am »

You also don't particularly need accuracy with blaster bombs just someone who is resistant to mind control.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: June 18, 2018, 04:07:48 am »

Blaster launchers are fun when carried by squaddies with low psionic strength :D

An additional interest in dual wielding is that you don't lose any TU from switching between weapons between your hands and the inventory backpack , as it can cost some very precious TU that can mean either an additional shot or being unable to shoot at all :
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Inventory_TU_Table

Now obviously you don't really want to have a rookie that has been generated with low accuracy to dual wield, as missing most of your reaction shots can lead into hilarity, between friendly fire, aliens walking with their own blaster launcher or surprise chryssalids coming from a corner :D

Hotfire90

« Reply #8662 on: June 18, 2018, 10:28:56 am »

Survived the Path of Pain.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: June 20, 2018, 11:46:18 pm »

Why do your windows look like Win98 windows?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: June 21, 2018, 04:26:58 am »

Why do your windows look like Win98 windows?

It's entirely possible to set that in Windows Control Panel(at least in Windows 7). As for why, it probably uses less memory than Aero.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: June 21, 2018, 11:48:41 am »

Yeah, I still do that on my desktop.  I'm not sure how much resources are saved, I've just stuck with that classic style on that "machine" through several hardware and OS upgrades (including a motherboard).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: June 21, 2018, 12:02:33 pm »

I found all the Frost Giants, both Shellbugs, and stripped the Vale of secrets, treasure, ingredients, enemies, and Dragons. Epic Orc chick is epic. I literally killed most of the Frozen Falmer with a single swing in the boss fight.

Skyrim
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: June 22, 2018, 04:22:44 pm »

0 to 7 scores.
I made three of those goals.
In the hockey version.

Rocket League.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: June 22, 2018, 04:25:12 pm »

I killed Kurt Dierker.

The Saboteur

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: June 22, 2018, 05:06:48 pm »

After several failed attempts, I beat Mondo Mole. Prior to that, I was constantly racing against the decreasing HP counter after taking mortal damage to get LifeUp α used(this is an actual feature - if you can win/heal before your HP hits 0, you're alive). Obviously, that wasn't going to work.

All it took was one PSI power: Paralysis α. Poor fool never got an attack in, only tried to heal and buff.

Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 708