Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260209 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8790 on: July 21, 2018, 03:51:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: July 21, 2018, 06:47:30 pm »

Time manipulation is so OP. Especially when the Slipstream you're using for it is Self-Recharging. I can literally activate it, then run into a room full of enemies and kill all of them with my shortsword. Before they can even sound the alarm. Or just run past them before they can react. Both are real examples of what I did.

Well, I didn't actually have a Slipstream. I had three of them, one High Capacity, one Self-Recharging, and one normal one.

Heat Signature!                               
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: July 22, 2018, 04:34:36 am »

So apparently if you upgrade guns and ammo capacity hard enough you can basically turn the game into a sort-of on-rails-shooter

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: July 24, 2018, 02:32:18 am »

I was running a deck based on energy counters, which are a global resource like life.  My opponent was running an annoying deck based on summoning a bunch of 1/1 white tokens with lifelink and buffing up his creatures (he had one that got permanently more powerful every time he gained life).  I managed to trade my big creatures for his but he still had a bunch of tokens, he was at 33 life, and I was at 10.

Now, here's the thing about tokens.  When they would go back to your hand they just die.  With no possibility of bringing them back.  To add to the fuckedness, he had already played all the cards in his hand and I had a counter card in mine.  I won, in case that wasn't clear.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: July 25, 2018, 12:42:05 pm »

Not only did I win our little family tournament, during the racing part I knocked my brother so far off the course that he didn't respawn for a few laps - then he appeared back on screen, glitching his way slowly through the empty space before finally being deposited back on the track. :))

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: July 25, 2018, 01:21:03 pm »

I lost my copy of that game :(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: July 26, 2018, 02:39:25 pm »

Playing draft.  I'm running a blue/black deck that is 16/40 land.  I draw my first hand, I'm going first.  I get one swamp, 3 colorless cards, 3 blue cards, most of which are very expensive.  Mulligan.  Opponent mulligans.  I draw my new hand: 6 cards, no land.  I mulligan again.  ONE LAND, 4 other cards none of which cost 1.  My scry card is also not a land so I put it on the bottom, and I'm going first so I don't draw.

I soldier onwards tho because my deck has done well in previous rounds.  Get out a fountain of life, then a millstone, then a skilled animator.  Skilled animator turns an artifact into a 5/5 creature; millstone gets up and punches the enemy in the face.  Or... grinds them, I guess?  Anyway, at no point did my opponent play any cards.  I get not much done for the next 3 turns, drawing no more land and sacrificing my fountain of life to draw a card.  However, my opponent plays absolutely nothing except an enchantment that procs when he has a creature of 4 or greater power.  So I just... swing 3 more times with my 2 creatures and he dies.

What's so wild about this is that in best of ones, the game draws two hands for you and gives you the one with the most average amount of land and non-land.  I've never seen anyone get as screwed as we both did, much less BOTH SIDES.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: July 29, 2018, 07:31:32 am »

Completed a mission and made it back to HQ without anybody dying(especially me). Granted, it was only a supply mission, and we only took fire once on the way back.

Pulled two trucks, an offroad I bought and a civilian 4x4 I stole off the street LIBERATED. Put the supply crate in the offroad, and my 4-man squad(5 with me) in the 4x4. After the 4x4 marooned itself on one of those low rubble walls that are everywhere, and after using the tow-rope on the offroad to free it, I ordered the 4x4 to drive directly to the drop site - tip: don't order them to follow/regroup. They did 70-80kph the entire way.

Get to the drop site, order everyone out, and unload the crate. The timer starts, and I take cover in a nearby shop. While it seemed someone was shooting at me, I think it was one of my squadmates shooting out the window to climb in. Time runs out and the mission completes, giving us a whopping 25€(which is what I was already making every 10 minutes at the very start).

As I'm getting everyone loaded back on the truck, I see an enemy helicopter flying nearby. Luckily, it seemed to ignore us. We drive back at full speed, taking some light fire from some random patrol, nobody hurt. The 4x4 runs right into a utility pole, and loses a tire. I disembark everyone so the engineer can fix it.

Get home, the 4x4 rams a fence, loses the same wheel again, and everyone in it is wounded. Mission accomplished.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: July 29, 2018, 07:02:44 pm »

An invasion launched when I had only 2 heroes of fighting age (out of an expected 6).  And I'm pretty sure there's no option to retreat.  It'd be crazy to even attempt a defense, right?

Well, they were both from a... fecund house.  Strong, but nothing extraordinary, and my least-favorite class (alchemist).  They'd probably want to try, maybe they could pull it off.

One of them survived, victorious.

Edit:  I should add that I later threw fire on his corpse.  Not vindictively...  it was just the tactical location to hit 2 enemies.  Also, vindictively satisfying.
The best tactics games involve shelling your position.  "If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."
In this case he was dead when I did it, but he did also shell his own position.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:34:18 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: July 29, 2018, 08:02:30 pm »

Not sure if I should put this here or the death thread. Probably here.

Advancing across the fog of war at the eastern edge of my empire, I've come across all at once: two Holy Grounds with their attendant Greater Fire Elementals, a Magic Thicket with it's attendant Daemonwood, an Ogre Lair w/Ogre, and several Wild Serpents, plus Krypta-knows-what on the other side. Like, right next to each other. The initial sortie, where I only saw one GFE and Wild Serpent unit, saw one unit of Hunters wiped out and a Warrior unit barely escaping. I come back several turns later only to find I've marched my entire army into the full scale of what I'm faced with. Lost two more Hunters in one turn.

The Greater Fire Elementals are the biggest threat here, as they have very high ranged attack(one-shotted the Hunters), 90% resistance to melee and ranged, 100% resistance to Life magic, immunity to Death magic(not sure on the difference). Oddly, the only have 25% resistance to Elemental magic, which includes things like fireballs.

I'm putting this here because despite the losses and the fact the fight is still ongoing, one of the Greater Fire Elementals was two-shotted by a Healer Lord(she had a staff that adds Elemental damage) that was helped by me casting Fireball on it, the Daemonwood was brought down by Halberdiers, and the Ogre is badly wounded and trying to retreat.

On the other side of the empire, a single Halberdier unit took over a neutral city by itself while enduring attacks by Wild Serpents and the city's defending cockroaches(which had apparently conquered it), then they proceeded to smash through several units of giant spiders.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: July 29, 2018, 09:11:00 pm »

Presumably the difference between resistance and immunity is that you can lower resistances, but not immunitys, or atleast that's the kind of how it works in Pokemon

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: July 30, 2018, 06:28:12 am »

Presumably the difference between resistance and immunity is that you can lower resistances, but not immunitys, or atleast that's the kind of how it works in Pokemon

Sort of. I took a closer look at the stats page, and while "immunity" does indeed mean that, 100% resistance means 75% damage reduction. The 90% resistances reduce damage by 72%, and the 25% resistance reduces damage by 30%, so it's not linear.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: July 30, 2018, 10:35:59 am »

that makes 0 sense, come on game makers, do math correctly please

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: July 30, 2018, 03:59:08 pm »

Game starts, I do my standard build for mid start on Setons, commande builds a factory and rushes middle for the reclaim. Factory gets an engi to tag along with the com and a scout+light bot to watch middle for raids and maybe do some raiding if the opportunity presents itself.

As it so happens it did present itself, managed to kill of atleast three engineers that tried to build factories on the enemy side of the isthmus (such a cool word btw). Now generally that would be a setback but nothing game ending, you'd either reclaim the bot because it's so damn fragile or just build a single tank or bot of your own to hunt it down.

What you don't do is throw a tantrum and ragequit 3 minutes into the game :V

Guess which the enemy player did.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: July 30, 2018, 04:07:53 pm »

Meteor Strike!
Black lives matter.