Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1271942 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8805 on: July 30, 2018, 05:36:20 pm »

Meteor Strike!

A google search for "Setons" came up with a bunch of things for anal health.

A google search "Setons map" came up with an image for a Supreme Commander map.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: July 30, 2018, 05:39:29 pm »

Hmm, but it kinda sounds like Command & Conquer too?  I only played the really old ones at all, so couldn't say.
Technically there's no meteor swarm clause for this thread, but the OP did request - oh hey, Akura's the OP, hi OP!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: July 30, 2018, 05:58:55 pm »

Seton's Clutch is best map.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8808 on: July 30, 2018, 06:02:26 pm »

It's Supreme Commander. Light bots, engineers, Setons, and Isthmus are units in SC. "Reclaim" is another hint, that's an important ability that engineers and commanders have in the game.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: July 30, 2018, 09:27:55 pm »

Running with Rifles is, well... Running with Rifles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, jokes aside, you die from one bullet like it's Hotline Miami (though you can and should purchase and use vests), your AI teammates can bork out or otherwise perform questionable actions (including blowing themselves up with grenades), I'm not entirely sure how to effectively use my squad or radio, and since I'm kind of across the Pacific Ocean (in Shenzhen, to be specific), I'm not sure I can exactly hop in a online game and ask for help.

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually, but that doesn't necessarily change the fact the game tosses players in when I prefer to be eased into the brutality nice and slowly.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: July 31, 2018, 03:58:41 am »

I've had great fun with RWR. Squadmates are just there to fill the air with more bullets while also absorbing any incoming ones. There are only a couple maps that can get frustrating (specifically the King of the Hill-styled ones), but even then a victory just feels all the more deserved when you start getting throat-slitty with every opponent that surrendered.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: July 31, 2018, 04:39:20 am »

I awoke from a wretched nightmare. Visions of swarming polar bears and a cursed deer leading them, still fresh in my mind. And what they did to me...no adventurer should have to endure such a fate. Thank goodness it was just a dream.

I stood up, and looked around me...with a start, I realized I was surrounded by deer! And the deer were my loyal companions! And I was a deer too! The nightmare was real, and it was still happening!

No longer able to hold weapons, our noble party were helpless before even the most frail of goblin scouts. Powerless and despondent, my once loyal companions abandoned me, leaving me helpless and without any hope of recovery.

After asking around, I learned that there were only three ways to remove a deer's curse. The first was to spend a great deal of time and effort studying the druidic arts, gradually mastering the art of shapeshifting. I had neither time nor interest in such affairs. The second way is with an un-deering potion. Unfortunately, and somewhat ironically, the potion vendor was unwilling to barter with a deer. But after asking around, I soon found a kind soul who was willing to negotiate with the potion vendor on my behalf. The vendor wanted 4500 monies. Regretfully, I had recently splurged all of my savings on training in knife-fighting skills which were currently useless to me.

Since I could not afford the potion, the kind adventurer who was helping me negotiate offered to instead help me with the third option; we were going to slay the beast who cursed me! The adventurer called one of his friends, and I recruited two more random strangers who claimed to be experienced deer hunters, and together we delved back into the dungeon once more! My deer-attacks were not particularly damaging, but I soon figured out how to stun enemies with a head-butt so that I could at least be of some small use to my team.

We made our way down past the traps and magical crystals and ice monsters, eventually reached the Deer Boss, and charged in, for vengeance and great glory! And then we all got turned into deer and eaten by polar bears.

Fortunately, my experienced deer-hunting friends had druidic knowledge and were able to shift out of their helpless forms. We regrouped, came up with an actual plan, went back down, incinerated the sleuth of polar bears in a fire wall, defeated the Deer Boss and purified it's curse. I was greatly relieved to once again be a fluffy cat demon who could bash goblins on the head with a club and then stab them with knives.

~Project: Gorgon

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: August 01, 2018, 02:56:50 am »

Queen Ouareno emerged as the victor (or should I say survivor) of a savage multi-way series of dynastic civil wars that had enveloped the Kingdom of Nubia for about a decade. She had one child by her Greek husband, a daughter named Theophilia.

Meanwhile the Byzantine Empire experienced a coup and Valeria was installed as Basilissa. However, she had previously been an unlanded courtier married to the count of Achaia and her children were of his dynasty... and thus she was willing to marry her son and heir to the empire, Damianos, matrilineally. Furthermore, she was past her child-bearing years so there wasn't threat of her producing another claimant.

Realizing that it would be possible for my Nubian dynasty to inherit the Byzantine Empire (and thus be better situated to fend off the powerful Tulunids), I had Theophilia and Damianos marry matrilineally so any offspring they produced would inherit both the Byzantine Empire and Kingdom of Nubia.

I had Ouareno commit suicide so Theophilia could take over and thus be in my control and not doing stupid stuff in the Byzantine court... but because I waited until a siege to end a war finished before power transfer, Theophilia had just enough time in Byzantium to have a illegitimate daughter, infuriating Damianos for quite a few years. Then between constant holy wars and diseases, as well as both characters having an education in theology (which I found out reduces fertility by like 10%), the couple did not have any offspring... which became concerning as Theophilia grew older. I tried switching Theophilia's life focus to family for the 25% boost to fertility, but the couple still had no children and by this point she was 38 (40 is basically a hard cut off for fertility in the game).

Then one of her vassal counts, Abraam, tried to seduce Theophilia. At first I had her deny him, remembering the rift that had soured her early marriage (and led to Basileus Damianos refusing to ally for a number of years), but with the biological clock ticking I had her relent to the affair, in the hopes that they would produce a child and somehow hide the child's true biological father... and it worked. Zacharias was born of that adulterous union, but Damianos believed the baby was his (never mind that Theophilia and Damianos both have fair skin while Zacharias has dark skin inherited from Abraam). Zacharias even has the "Born in the Purple" modifier denoting a baby born of the Byzantine ruler.

Afterwards, Damianos was forced to abdicate to Zacharias after he lost a rebellion against his tyranny, so now Zacharias is the TOTALLY LEGITIMATE  :o Basileus of the Byzantine Empire and heir to the Kingdom of Nubia.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:58:48 am by Flying Carcass »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: August 08, 2018, 10:21:44 am »

I just beat the final boss in Spyro 3 on my first try.  Both fights.

Doesn't feel like too much of an accomplishment though.  All of the boss fights in this game felt a little underwhelming compared to Spyro 2, although they're still better than the first game's bosses.  I was very surprised that the final boss was maybe the easiest boss in the game, since I believe it's the only one where you can restore your health during the fight.  And it mostly consists of jumping into vehicles and shooting at the sorceress, who mostly just runs around and shoots easily dodged projectiles occasionally.

The second fight with her was even easier, and I'm wondering if the AI just glitched.  I just chased her in my UFO and shot at her until she died, and I think she only shot back twice in the whole fight.

Kind of feels like they had to rush that part of the game since there wasn't even a leading cinematic like for the other bosses, and I wonder if the remake is going to change anything about it.

Hmm, maybe I should brag about successfully boxing the yeti and getting the skill point instead.  Screw that part of the game.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: August 08, 2018, 08:33:43 pm »

So I had Ajani's Welcome on the board which allowed me to get one life whenever a critter entered the board on my side. Then I played Wispweaver Angel to exile and return my other Wispweaver Angel. which in turn allowed me to exile and return the new angel which allowed me to exile and return the old and so on and so forth. I could run this combo indefinitely (though I only did it about 20 or so times) for a dramatic increase in lifepoints which I capped off by exiling and returning Cloudblazer for some card draw.

I pretty much had the match in hand after that which was quite nice since I had been down to only 2 lifepoints at one point earlier in the match (luckily I had a Settle the Wreckage in hand to clear out his critter army).

Magic the Gathering Arena

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: August 09, 2018, 07:31:34 pm »

Equipped a sword. Learned that it had a decent crit rate, a critical damage multiplier of 270%, and that these two modifiers also apply to throwing axes. Learned these things when I saw I was doing three-digit damage with my axes thrown while in stealth(doubles crit chance and iirc base damage to enemies unaware of you). I also have the ability that adds bleed damage equal to 10% of the axe's damage per second over several seconds. Throwing axes also penetrate as many targets it can hit in its arc. Oh, and I also have that ability that doubles the knockback from being hit with a thrown axe - this also has the potential to make an enemy hit twice by the same axe.

Tamriel has its stealth archers. I've got stealth THROWING AXE TO THE FACE.

The sword is a pretty decent weapon too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: August 09, 2018, 10:45:00 pm »

It had been a while past turn 30, so the whole situation was a mess - boss tiles everywhere, teammates kept getting knocked out...

The boss was left at 3 HP...

And my teammate (Playing Sherry, so they had to survive Jonathan's attack first) hit him for exactly 3 points of damage.

That was a good one.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: August 10, 2018, 12:54:35 pm »

I'm playing this Eternity card game on mobile.

Anyway some guy starts playing this clockroach deck, which functions via the logic of every clockroach you play increases the x/x or every other clockroach in your hand or deck. There are other card that take advantage of this effect as well. It snowballs very quickly.

Anyway he started throwing out 5/6 clockroaches and some 12/13 other creatures that took advantage of the effect all willy nilly, so my response was to use a card combo that:
1) outright doubles the x/x of anything I draw
2) can send cards back to the top of my deck, where they retain their newly-boosted x/x
3) I can duplicate monsters on the field, including the one that doubles x/x, thereby quadrupling anything I draw.

Bottom line, I started filling my board with things in the range of 30/30 that cost 0 to play (because I had reduced cost to units already), and he forfeited. The highest I've gotten creatures up to with this is 113/97.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: August 11, 2018, 11:50:21 am »

In MTG I went up against a deck that was nothing but this.

I stalled for a while so he could play most of his hand and then dropped this.  I was playing a dragon deck, so after that it wasn't much of a contest.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: August 11, 2018, 12:09:22 pm »

I got a creature up to 999/999 by copying 3 of the doubling creatures. Very lucky draws.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 708