Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1259927 times)

Hotfire90

Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8895 on: September 15, 2018, 08:43:16 am »

Beat the Death Wish version of Train Rush (You have 10 seconds to complete the level and a lot of things are actively trying to kill you, like sped up homing rockets) on the first attempt of the day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: September 16, 2018, 12:33:30 pm »

I ignited the remaining players and won.

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8897 on: September 16, 2018, 02:08:30 pm »

Turns out that with some attention to positioning and timing, Fernando can frag out harder than many DPS champions.

Paladins.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: September 16, 2018, 04:33:26 pm »

Broke into the Markarth stables to steal some jewelry. Job went off without a hitch, despite the entire family sitting downstairs for dinner - they literally watched me go up the stairs, but I got to the strongbox before anyone followed me. Then it was off the second-floor railing and out the door.

Opened the map to travel back to Riften, only to be told I can't fast travel with enemies nearby. I look up, and there there it came; a Blood Dragon. I landed on the horse stalls, breathing ice. After strategically using the nearby child as a human shield attempting to get the nearby child away from danger, I started throwing firebolt spells and Yol Shouts at it. It eventually landed down the nearby cliff to attack one of the city guards, but it didn't survive long as I rained more firebolts on it.

EDIT: Solitude stables. Not Markarth. Though the Markarth robbery also counts since I had to deal with the guard dog.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:42:03 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: September 16, 2018, 04:38:06 pm »

With a flying jump stab, I knocked that snooty spear wielding ass off his elephant and then proceeded to make him into mincemeat.

Beat Jugurtha first try.

Colosseum Road to Freedom
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: September 17, 2018, 12:52:01 am »

So, I was a Survivor. Then I got bitten in the late-game by a vampire. The other vamp got killed, but I survived. It was down to 3 players. I was still claiming surv, but I was seen as suspicious by one of the players, Johnie. I got voted up to a trial, and the other player voted inno while Johnie voted guilty. I was spared, and then we voted Johnie up and lynched him. He was a Serial Killer. The next day, I and the other vampires have won because I was good at lying (and the incompetence of the remaining townie).

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: September 17, 2018, 09:05:31 am »

You say incompetence, they had the choice to lose to a serial killer or a vampire :p

ToS isn’t particularly easy given the complete lack of time you have to interact with other people.

Also, if you like that, you should mebbe check our mafia forum...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hotfire90

« Reply #8902 on: September 18, 2018, 02:40:39 pm »

Defeated the remaining Death Wish bosses.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: September 18, 2018, 03:52:06 pm »

Completed the campaign.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: September 18, 2018, 05:41:34 pm »

Finally Auraxed the HC1. Took only about 9 months. Total use time is 49 hours, significantly less than the >3 days total use time of the other two carbines I've Auraxed. Had just one kill to go before getting it, but everyone kept getting the kills before I could.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: September 19, 2018, 12:58:04 pm »

The mission was to protect an unarmed prisoner in the center of a large area riddled with cars and vans.  To the north and south were two enemy groups each containing five units.  I had six units but I also had allies and together we outnumbered the enemy. Still a very challenging mission, as there were many, many lines along which they could kill the prisoner and instantly win.

The enemies to the north were all hidden behind a van at the start.  I had two assault rifle units each cover one side of the van, and then a knife guy run around the right side and hug the back of the van.  What actually ended up happening was pretty crazy.  The knife guy ran past a hail of fire from 2 smg guys, killing one.  Then he corner stabbed an AR guy, rushed behind the other side of the van and backstabbed their sniper.  Both my ARs got a kill as well, so together my 3 guys wiped out a 5 man squad on the first turn.

To put this into perspective, a knife guy costs $8000.  The units he killed would have costed $86000 if I had hired them.  Such a good investment.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: September 21, 2018, 10:17:16 pm »

So, I was playing as Koinon Hellenon (the classical Greek city-states, allied together to resist Macedonian and Epirote invasions), and had managed to, at game start, beat off an Epirote army and get ceasefires with both starting enemies. Then, I allied the Epirotes (they're desperate for allies, as they're at war with Rome, Carthage, and Macedonia, all of which are stronger than them). I entered a battle with a full stack of my own, dragging two nearly-full stacks of enemies and Pyrrhus Aetos' (the Epirote King and their only competent general) stack into the battle. I then proceed to sit on the sidelines as Pyrrhus hilariously owns the first enemy army, before getting himself killed in a remarkably stupid way. The first enemy army routs, Pyrrhus' remaining forces rout, and I defeat what's left of the second enemy army for a grand total of ~4500 enemies killed for 250 casualties of my own. Also, I killed 1/3 or so of Pyrrhus' stack, by virtue of just not entering the fighting until he was dead. Epirus is now greatly weakened, the rebel city is mine, and I have suddenly become the strongest power in Greece (I mean, I was before, by virtue of having just enough soldiers to defeat the AI armies with superior tactics, but now I'm actually probably the strongest power in Greece).

Europa Barbarorum II; a mod for Medieval 2: Total War.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: September 22, 2018, 02:37:15 am »

Pyrrhus ... getting himself killed in a remarkably stupid way.

Who could've seen it coming :P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: September 22, 2018, 05:02:39 pm »

TIL Spiritbreaker is a pretty fun guy.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: September 22, 2018, 05:05:24 pm »

Pyrrhus ... getting himself killed in a remarkably stupid way.

Who could've seen it coming :P

Not as awesomely stupid as the real thing, though. This time he just charged his cavalry bodyguard into a unit of long-spear-wielding peltasts.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 708