Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 632

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 745656 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8925 on: October 04, 2018, 03:47:49 am »

Completed the iron marches jumping challenge for the daily today (yesterday?) in one try.  Didn't miss a single jump, and the character size changing shenanigans didn't mess with me one bit. 

It was taking so long for my friends to do it that I logged on to another character and got to the challenge itself from the adjacent zone (turns out the 2nd character didn't have the nearby waypoint unlocked so I had to hoof it there from the adjacent zone) and one shot it AGAIN on a second character before either of the friends I was doing the daily with completed it even once.

They told me it's no wonder I'm looking forward to the notoriously hard mad king's tower jumping challenge coming back this Halloween.  I want to repeatedly beat it with superhuman precision jumping skills and laugh at their pathetic failure.

Guild Wars 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • The brochure sure didn't mention any of this shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: October 04, 2018, 09:40:00 am »

No. The saga has not concluded.

And yet it has not survived either. It is but a puppet of corporations that wish to line their pockets.

Leave the saga behind. Move on to other games. Look back upon your experiences here with fondness... for that is all you can do now.

Ispil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: October 04, 2018, 10:43:32 am »

No. The saga has not concluded.

And yet it has not survived either. It is but a puppet of corporations that wish to line their pockets.

Leave the saga behind. Move on to other games. Look back upon your experiences here with fondness... for that is all you can do now.

I know what you're referring to, but honestly even if all of that never happened I can't really tell what else there is to add to the franchise. Everything has been covered and wrapped up nicely (barring stuff that was cut from V). I guess they could remake some of the older games at this point, but that's about it.

I suppose they could've added an extra cutscene at the end of 4 where Snake finally has that dinner with Holly.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."- Voltaire

I transcribe things, too.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: October 04, 2018, 10:47:14 am »

And yet it has not survived either.
Ohh, I get it now.
Metal Gear Revengeance was really good though!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: October 04, 2018, 01:22:19 pm »

Revengeance was really fun... not really a MGS game though, if you know what I'm saying?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: October 04, 2018, 03:01:51 pm »

They could continue Metal Gear Rising to explain what happens to the world after Metal Gear Solid.  The series already went through a transformation from Metal Gear into MGS, it could go through another.

But yeah, MGS proper is done, the story of Big Boss ended with a game that has amazing gameplay but a sour conclusion to the story.  The story of Snake from the earlier games is also conclusively wrapped up and I can't imagine what else there'd be to say.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: October 04, 2018, 03:09:26 pm »

Last time I owned in a game, was when I was playing Dark Souls and I spent 30 minutes without dying... I was really impressed on how the hell did I manage to do it! My average is of 3 to 5 deaths per minute.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: October 04, 2018, 06:06:22 pm »

I played a perfect game. No objectives failed, no pilots killed, no civilian damage at all. No more places to put reactor cores, maxed grid defense and with a core and two reputation left over. To be fair, I was using a custom squad consisting of Aegis Mech, Rocket Mech and A.C.I.D. Mech, so not as impressive as it could be. I also shamelessly abused Ice Generator and Self-Destruct plus Viscera Nanobots to deal with otherwise impossible situations. I still feel like this is an own though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU HOLD NO AUTHORITY OVER ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: October 04, 2018, 07:35:57 pm »

Good! now do it in under 30 minutes! ;D

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: October 05, 2018, 10:46:18 am »

Last time I owned in a game, was when I was playing Dark Souls and I spent 30 minutes without dying... I was really impressed on how the hell did I manage to do it! My average is of 3 to 5 deaths per minute.

Try using magic. I played 2 as a mage and blew through the first half of the game damn near on accident. Just kite like a motherfucker.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: October 05, 2018, 03:10:55 pm »

Try using magic. I played 2 as a mage and blew through the first half of the game damn near on accident. Just kite like a motherfucker.

In Dark Souls, Mages are for pussys who can't dodge enemy attacks, real men charge the enemy!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: October 05, 2018, 03:18:23 pm »

No armor no spells strength weapons only final destination.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: October 05, 2018, 06:09:55 pm »

Or just play an actually good game /lol
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: October 05, 2018, 06:24:13 pm »

i bet you play farmville

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: October 05, 2018, 07:01:07 pm »

It's called Kittens Game and it's better than Dark Souls
(Just kidding I broke free at some point...  Which actually counts as an own, probably)
Kittens Game

I trapped a predator, tracker, and defender in the first half of the ship using a friend's breach grenade launcher.  That mission took a while, but was worth the glory - particularly the bonus for being blacklisted from shops.
Heat Signature

I discovered you can subvert telepads
Heat Signature
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 632