Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1271746 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8925 on: September 27, 2018, 07:58:18 pm »

Decided to drop my bedroll in a bar, only temporary until I could dig a hole somewhere to live. Found something better, just a few houses away from the bar I stumbled upon a shack hiding a bomb shelter. Took most of a night, and a couple dozen stone axes, but I was finally able to break in. Good thing I waited until dawn before making the final breach into the shelter, there were more zombies than I anticipated. Place is cleared out of zombies, and the aboveground area is a nice fenced-in spot where I can plant crops. On Day 2.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: September 30, 2018, 02:54:17 am »

To say that I was 'on the ropes' was an understatement. My deck was designed to generate value over time, usually by getting extra value on top of my creatures. This is a solid strategy... until my opponent resolves a terrifying Elder Dragon. Flying means it bypasses most of my deck (and even without flying, the trample would ensure I couldn't use recursive chump blockers to hold it off), indestructible means almost nothing I've got can actually kill it, double strike and 4 power means I've got nothing that can block it and live, and vigilance means I can't race him after he attacks. All things considered, an absolutely nasty creature. When he then topdecked a Seal Away to answer my Verdant Force (and in a way that I couldn't remedy with any of my graveyard interaction), I felt that my last hope to win had been ripped away.

But if I can make two statements about this game, they'd be "play to your outs" and "always give your opponent a chance to mess up". My opponent had played several early-game critters to stall out the board, but most of them had been spent to deflect my swarm. And now, with me at 12 health, my opponent opted to, instead of swinging with his indestructible dinosaur, to instead attack with everything.

Which turned out to be a mistake when I promptly sacrificed most of my board to kill off everything except Zetalpa, survived the attack at 2 health, and then immediately resolved The Eldest Reborn on my turn. If he still had his silly little 2/2s lying around, he could've sacced one of them, and I didn't have enough turns left to draw removal for all his little guys nor enough mana to remove all of them and play the saga. But since he'd foolishly and willingly hurled them into the jaws of death, he was forced to sacrifice his dinosaur. Sadly he conceded in shame before I had the chance to _reanimate_ his dinosaur.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: September 30, 2018, 05:53:47 pm »

Survived the 7th night, with 24-hour cycles set to 90 minutes.

Started with a bomb-shelter shack, which has a (mostly) scrap-metal fence surrounding a central courtyard. Due to a previous zombie breach, I replaced the entire fence with a flagstone wall. Tried to upgrade it to cobblestone, but I didn't have anywhere near enough time to get enough materials. The shack walls were reinforced up to metal-reinforced wood, and doors upgraded to metal v3(highest you can go without steel), as were the hatches leading to the bunker below. The walls were surrounded by a trench of log spikes, originally intended to be able to trap zombies with an outer wall lip that can climbed on from the outside of the spike trench. The idea was, zombies would get shredded in the trench.

That idea fell apart immediately. The zombies all rushed to the front door. Even with me trying to futilely repair it, I couldn't keep them from breaking through. By then, though, I had thinned their numbers out enough. Rather than retreat to the underground bunker, as I cannot yet craft concrete to repair it(also, I'd be trapped), I retreated up the walls, where I spent the rest of the night waiting for zombies to climb up the ladder, whereupon I conked them on the head with a spiked club. Went out to the trench in the morning to loot the dead and dispose of the corpses with an axe.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: September 30, 2018, 11:06:18 pm »

I beat the eight mavericks while only dying about 50 times.  I even rescued like half of the reploids and got 5 of the 8 armor parts in the process.  I consider this a serious achievement.

Next weekend I should be able to finish the game and never look back.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: October 01, 2018, 10:07:17 pm »

I drew a frigging perfect left curly brace. This is the first time in years that I've been able to make one of those that isn't a complete disgrace. I'm almost loathe to submit the assignment it was for. I'll just have to settle for photocopying it for posterity.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: October 02, 2018, 02:13:29 pm »

Beaten Light Black Gates mission aka most lame, stupid and underwhelming mission in the entire game.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8931 on: October 03, 2018, 01:33:04 am »

This is probably less me owning, and more my team sucking, but getting top damage or near it two games in a row with Ash is hilarious. The only champion with worse weapon DPS than her is Fernando, and he has a really good damage ability and passive to compensate for it.

Paladins.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: October 03, 2018, 02:02:51 am »

Fernando
Just get me that chimp, Fernando, because if you do...

... there'll be another case of filthy drug money for you
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: October 03, 2018, 01:06:42 pm »

I need to go back and play MGS3 now. Gonna do it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: October 03, 2018, 05:33:00 pm »

Helped take out a nigh-invulnerable Orbital Strike base near The Ascent. It was situated in a crater so that a single shield dome made it nearly impossible to enter, but it apparently ran out of fuel so it went down.

Came back to The Ascent, found that it was cut off from the network and 2 minutes until capture by the NC. Helped completely recapture it, though it never did get re-linked. Held for the entirety of an Aerial Anomaly event that had hovered right in front of the base. The capper to all of this was me charging up a hill towards an NC Heavy Assault and Medic duo, getting on their side. In the panic, the Heavy shot the Medic who was the only thing keeping him alive.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: October 03, 2018, 06:30:03 pm »

I beat
, turns out the difference between a hard fight and an easy one is

Fallout New Vegas

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: October 03, 2018, 10:30:15 pm »

The world is "free"? A laughable superstition!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: October 04, 2018, 03:47:49 am »

Completed the iron marches jumping challenge for the daily today (yesterday?) in one try.  Didn't miss a single jump, and the character size changing shenanigans didn't mess with me one bit. 

It was taking so long for my friends to do it that I logged on to another character and got to the challenge itself from the adjacent zone (turns out the 2nd character didn't have the nearby waypoint unlocked so I had to hoof it there from the adjacent zone) and one shot it AGAIN on a second character before either of the friends I was doing the daily with completed it even once.

They told me it's no wonder I'm looking forward to the notoriously hard mad king's tower jumping challenge coming back this Halloween.  I want to repeatedly beat it with superhuman precision jumping skills and laugh at their pathetic failure.

Guild Wars 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: October 04, 2018, 09:40:00 am »

No. The saga has not concluded.

And yet it has not survived either. It is but a puppet of corporations that wish to line their pockets.

Leave the saga behind. Move on to other games. Look back upon your experiences here with fondness... for that is all you can do now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: October 04, 2018, 10:47:14 am »

And yet it has not survived either.
Ohh, I get it now.
Metal Gear Revengeance was really good though!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 708