Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260350 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8940 on: October 04, 2018, 01:22:19 pm »

Revengeance was really fun... not really a MGS game though, if you know what I'm saying?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: October 04, 2018, 03:01:51 pm »

They could continue Metal Gear Rising to explain what happens to the world after Metal Gear Solid.  The series already went through a transformation from Metal Gear into MGS, it could go through another.

But yeah, MGS proper is done, the story of Big Boss ended with a game that has amazing gameplay but a sour conclusion to the story.  The story of Snake from the earlier games is also conclusively wrapped up and I can't imagine what else there'd be to say.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: October 04, 2018, 03:09:26 pm »

Last time I owned in a game, was when I was playing Dark Souls and I spent 30 minutes without dying... I was really impressed on how the hell did I manage to do it! My average is of 3 to 5 deaths per minute.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: October 04, 2018, 06:06:22 pm »

I played a perfect game. No objectives failed, no pilots killed, no civilian damage at all. No more places to put reactor cores, maxed grid defense and with a core and two reputation left over. To be fair, I was using a custom squad consisting of Aegis Mech, Rocket Mech and A.C.I.D. Mech, so not as impressive as it could be. I also shamelessly abused Ice Generator and Self-Destruct plus Viscera Nanobots to deal with otherwise impossible situations. I still feel like this is an own though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: October 04, 2018, 07:35:57 pm »

Good! now do it in under 30 minutes! ;D
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: October 05, 2018, 10:46:18 am »

Last time I owned in a game, was when I was playing Dark Souls and I spent 30 minutes without dying... I was really impressed on how the hell did I manage to do it! My average is of 3 to 5 deaths per minute.

Try using magic. I played 2 as a mage and blew through the first half of the game damn near on accident. Just kite like a motherfucker.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: October 05, 2018, 03:10:55 pm »

Try using magic. I played 2 as a mage and blew through the first half of the game damn near on accident. Just kite like a motherfucker.

In Dark Souls, Mages are for pussys who can't dodge enemy attacks, real men charge the enemy!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: October 05, 2018, 03:18:23 pm »

No armor no spells strength weapons only final destination.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: October 05, 2018, 06:09:55 pm »

Or just play an actually good game /lol
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: October 05, 2018, 06:24:13 pm »

i bet you play farmville

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: October 05, 2018, 07:01:07 pm »

It's called Kittens Game and it's better than Dark Souls
(Just kidding I broke free at some point...  Which actually counts as an own, probably)
Kittens Game

I trapped a predator, tracker, and defender in the first half of the ship using a friend's breach grenade launcher.  That mission took a while, but was worth the glory - particularly the bonus for being blacklisted from shops.
Heat Signature

I discovered you can subvert telepads
Heat Signature
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: October 06, 2018, 10:41:02 am »

I beat some challenge modes in SUPER. HOT. which is a rad game that I just got.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: October 07, 2018, 08:01:40 am »

In Dark Souls, Mages are for pussys who can't dodge enemy attacks, real men charge the enemy! pragmatic badass motherfuckers who don't do that testosterone fuelled bullshit

FTFY~
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: October 07, 2018, 11:39:19 am »

Night 14 horde. Changed up the battleplan, removed the front door, added a door a few blocks up, and built a building extension for a stairway. Access requires going through the extension, up the stairs, across a catwalk over a spike pit, through the new door, and down another flight of stairs. Less convenient, but it works.

Just prior to nightfall, had to deal with a random horde consisting mostly of soldiers. While they wrecked the spike moat and even took out part of the wall corner, I did loot a ~150-quality sniper rifle off of one. After fixing the spikes, I removed the catwalk and sealed myself in. When night fell, the zombies charged right into spikes. Most died to the spikes, but I finished a few off with the rifle. All in all, damage took about half the day to fix, including corpse removal. Only one zombie attacked the main entrance, and he died to the spikes on the door.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: October 08, 2018, 07:48:37 am »

I hijacked a ship and blasted another ship into pieces with it. Felt cathartic. Unfortunately, the path to my pod was broken, so I couldn't plunder the ship-bits. :(

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 708