Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260339 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8955 on: October 08, 2018, 09:29:18 am »

I figured out that the Blade Armor's sword attack actually does not suck (against the final boss anyway), unlike the buster attack, which let me actually beat the game.  I feel like beating this game was an accomplishment in and of itself...

[spoiler]Mega Man X6.[/spoiler[
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: October 08, 2018, 03:07:06 pm »

I killed Flamma day 29, Hories 30, and Nemesis day 31.

Colosseum Road to Freedom
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: October 08, 2018, 11:12:51 pm »

I took a "Hard" assassination mission. I was not up to the task, so I took a ship and blasted my target's ship into pieces, then let her suffocate. And this is how you complete an assassination mission without boarding your target's ship.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: October 09, 2018, 09:09:52 am »

Capture, rescue, and steal missions all carry the risk of you destroying the thing you’re supposed to pick up.

The harder Glory missions feature ships immune to being shot at by other ships.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: October 09, 2018, 10:29:12 am »

Yeah, it's only useful for assassinations or piracy, where you blast ships apart and plunder their remains for items to sell.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: October 09, 2018, 12:23:50 pm »

Started as a tiny one-provincial Duke of Lippe, managed to survive all the way to 19th century to form and unite Germany.

SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: October 09, 2018, 12:38:33 pm »

Dark Souls 2. Got my mom(skill level: panics at unexpected zombie in unconvenient place in Minecraft, pretty much) to play this game, expecting her to die horribly in hilarious ways for few times.  :P Picked explorer class. Collectively (on one computer, with me mostly helping on tower with heide knight) breezed trough from Majula to Cardinal Tower bonfire in one go, without dieng once. This same path has taken me... 3, +-1 hours to beat when i was playing alone for the first time. There was also 25 lifegems left, so it's not like we get over the limit of non-explorer character. Sure, i played it on "hard mode" and as a mage without casting spells much but... MADNESS.
Sadly, we died in Things Betwixt from falling into the pits of doom 2 times (i had many deaths in archer pit there. After having many deaths from ogres, though), so even if we would have somehow managed to beat the game without dieng on sheer noob's luck, there will be no tasty ring.  :P
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:13:45 pm by MCreeper »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: October 09, 2018, 12:57:38 pm »

I make my cousin play scary games like resident evil because at some point she will get a jump scare and literally fall backwards while throwing the controller up in the air. It's very fun. For me.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8963 on: October 10, 2018, 04:47:13 am »

There are no brakes on the Ash fragging train. At this rate, it's only a matter of time before I not only outdamage main DPS characters, but also do it flashily enough to get top plays. After all, why play snipers when you could just blast people with a flak cannon?

Paladins.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: October 10, 2018, 05:03:41 am »

I killed Flamma day 29, Hories 30, and Nemesis day 31.

Colosseum Road to Freedom

And Ursus dies day 33 because scheduling.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: October 10, 2018, 08:38:05 pm »

Athena does not play fair. Mission is a 2v1, with her "partner" being an insane old guy. Numerous attempts at this mission, yet I kept getting overwhelmed. This attempt, I push out as many Brutes and Archers as post-humanly possible, and rush the old guy, killing him quickly.

According to the Steam boards, Athena can only take one route to your base. This is only true if you consider conventional, ground-based attacks. No, she has a very nasty habit of dropping Drone Swarm orbitals directly on control points; necessitating I build jammers on each one. She also had a nastier habit of sending a bombing runs to specifically kill a particular jammer in the region next to my Nexus - it'd get targeted even if I rebuilt it. AA guns are useless. I still manage to secure 2/3rds of the map, fortify with jammers, and load up the economy base in each region.

I begin pushing towards her Nexus. I had to abort one charge due to the Dreadnought leading the charge suddenly taking massive amounts of damage, then again, then blowing up. I just looked it up, and that is another Substrate orbital ability that specifically snipes Dreadnoughts. Finally get to the second-to-last region before Athena's Nexus, stop to build some factories, and push forward with two large armies lead by 2 Dreadnoughts: a Hyperion and Prometheus. Both armies swamp the massive pile of structures in their way, but when it came time to push the Nexus, both armies just evaporated, leaving the two Dreadnoughts. Dreads are damaged, but the Hyperion has its repair drones ability, keeping both alive. Managed a final breakthrough by sending a strategic bomber on a suicide run, giving vision to the Dreads(and taking a couple guns out before it went down), and allowing them to focus fire on the Nexus.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: October 11, 2018, 08:50:14 am »

I got the shotgun by climbing some pipes while being my usual, "must explore every nook and cranny" self. Then I checked online, apparently what I did is recommended as one of the first things to do.

Also fuck corrupt operators. I'd rather fight phantoms and mimics all day

Prey
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: October 11, 2018, 08:17:15 pm »

Took a defector mission. Went in with a Quiet Armor-Piercing Concussion Shotgun, a Self-Charging Glitch Trap, and a Self-Charging Swapper. Those last two work well together.

Since I normally use melee weapons(main character has a nice Concussion Hammer), going with ammo-limited firepower made me nervous. Screwed up early on in the mission by teleporting the guy with the Lvl.1 security key outside the ship. Had to swap with the guy carrying the Lvl.2 key through the airlock, waste several more guards, then deal with the keyholder. Tripped an alarm, took out the captain, then accidentally in front of five guards... next to an explosive part. That blasted me out into space as well. Somehow made it back on the ship, fought through numerous rooms of more guards, stole the thing I was stealing. In a bit of stupidity, I decided to needlessly kill another guard by blowing up another explosive room.... which sucked me out into space again. Got picked up by my pod again, and headed home.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: October 11, 2018, 08:28:54 pm »

Haha yeah the explosive bits were super disorienting for me at first, since they're triggered by (lethal) bullets from both you and the enemy.  There's a little fuse animation but I definitely didn't notice it the first few times, and was very confused.

Since for deep internal breaches you're usually almost instantly landed back into the ship, wondering "Where the hell's my roof?" AKA "What just even?"

Melee weapons are bae, particularly once you realize how powerful throwing is.  It's almost too good, but it is very action-movie and can go wrong.  I rarely used ranged weapons until this update added the ex-OffworldSec bonus, where I use stun shotgunS and an impact hammer and get really upset when I fail to save anybody from their inventive stupidity.

I love this update, just wow.
I did well on yesterday's daily, where glitching makes you pass out for a couple seconds (arguably not the worst side effect :P).  Only bought a keycloner, and only for the final segment.
The key is that when they say "nonlethal weapon required"...  They aren't taking windows into account.  Anyone your pod picks up is mysteriously sedated.  Good trick for armored abduction targets.

Edit:
I captured a VIP without realizing it.  $$$

Mount & Blade Warband
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:33:28 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: October 11, 2018, 10:47:10 pm »

Mount & Blade Warband

He was, as best as I can tell, the only bachelor with holdings who wasn't a complete and utter asshole.  No town or castle, but at least he had two villages.

He was also, to be fair, respectful.  Not the trite flowery "chivalry" BS, but a moderate level of flattery and respect at my bizarre status.  *acknowledging* said status, with confusion and interest.

Being an outsider with only the one village by my sword, his courtship was sufficient that I knew we could continue as equals.

I know own his holdings - border villages ignored by most.  And that's why they're valuable.  The Sunnate will ebb and fall, but Iqbayl and Fishara will only fall if I drop the ball very intentionally for hours of real time.
The only question is how to gain the title for the city of those villages.  Distant Bariyye.

How did I last own?  A marriage of availability, beard, wine, and fellowship in battle. 
And now I own those villages, with him.

Mount & blade Warband

Edit:  Let it be known!  I only had the one village, but I saved him from the Khergit creeps.  And his uncle, on an unrelated occasion, and also two other battle-siblings on other occasions!

I am the BEST shieldmaiden, THE FIRST HUMANKIND ALL OVER THE WORLD
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:20:12 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 708