Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1259963 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9345 on: March 27, 2019, 09:07:55 am »

Captured a landed "Very Large"(I haven't completed enough research to identify types) ship. Filled with Mutons. Ended up with several extra million just from selling the excess stuff.

For some reason, there's a ton of ships, both small and large landing on Montreal, and I just captured a scout ship landed at Chicago(my HQ is near D.C.) - landed directly on top of the city marker. Are they building a base?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, if you are speaking of X-COM: UFO Defence (vanilla), then the Battleship is the only very large craft there is.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: March 27, 2019, 02:13:25 pm »

Captured a landed "Very Large"(I haven't completed enough research to identify types) ship. Filled with Mutons. Ended up with several extra million just from selling the excess stuff.

For some reason, there's a ton of ships, both small and large landing on Montreal, and I just captured a scout ship landed at Chicago(my HQ is near D.C.) - landed directly on top of the city marker. Are they building a base?

I'm pretty sure you're going to get the answer in a month or two.
Actual spoiler:
Spoiler: What they were trying (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Further spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a particularly heroic sushi. Kinda melted though.

Good thing it's 92HP I have, then. I've found that it's helpful to allow the Karma damage to finish before healing, and sometimes it's better to just attack(since attacking is required to progress the battle) if you've still got plenty of Karma'd HP left.
I still haven't won that fight, but to be fair I didn't really want to.

You did murder everything up to that point to get the fight though.

Monster.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: March 27, 2019, 02:31:22 pm »

Yes, but until you defeat Sans, it is still reversible.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: March 27, 2019, 04:48:58 pm »

Yes, but until you defeat Sans, it is still reversible.
Spoiler: Technically, no. (click to show/hide)

You did murder everything up to that point to get the fight though.

Monster.
Now now, that's insulting to all the actual - innocent - monsters I've butchered.

I'm pretty sure you're going to get the answer in a month or two.
Actual spoiler:
Spoiler: What they were trying (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Further spoiler (click to show/hide)

That sucks. Am I screwed even though all the ships are still landed there?

EDIT: Took a few attempts but I beat that thing they kept in the basement that in all honesty probably should have been left the hell alone. Oh crap what have I done?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 04:51:58 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: March 29, 2019, 02:35:31 pm »

Beat Manus without the Silver Pendant (or whatever that thingy that blocks hexes was called) by chugging Estus when he spams his hexballs-into-every-fucking-direction.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: March 30, 2019, 03:09:35 pm »

Just raided an EXALT outpost and won the mission in three turns with only some wounds. I started the mission with sight on their stored missiles, so on the second turn I got everyone to throw grenades at it, and it destroyed the entire base before anyone had the chance to leave. The third turn was spent patching up two dudes that were a little too close to the blast and searching for the last survivor who surrendered as soon as I found him.

Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: April 01, 2019, 09:04:37 am »

Built the Space Program in August-October of 1957, where the Presidente-1 space rocket cock-slapped Sputnik out of orbit, catapulting the world to modern times.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: April 01, 2019, 08:22:01 pm »

I discovered shotgun karate.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: April 02, 2019, 07:49:58 pm »

October 2004, 47 years after shooting down the Soviet Union's Sputnik satellite, Tropico finalizes its research efforts to become the world's most technologically advanced(if governmentally backwards) nation on the planet. The economy may be completely and utterly shagged with the rush program of several research labs and observatories that was started in January-February 2004, though.

At least the peasants aren't starving anymore, and the rebels largely suppressed. Even managed to fight off a US invasion. It was supposed to be a mock war. Where they mocked us by trying to turn our military and civilians into a meaty pulp. Except they lost.

I discovered shotgun karate.

I can entirely imagine Dante making a "wax on, wax off" joke here.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: April 03, 2019, 08:17:12 am »

I bought Heat Signature yesterday, and after a bit of playing, got a mission that required me to rescue someone without harming anyone. That isn't generally how I play the game (for like 3 hours prior), but I've got a pile of various rechargeable teleporters.

One guard thought he saw someone, but a extreme range visitor (teleports you somewhere of your choice far away for 2 seconds, then you go back) meant there was nobody there while he looked. Then I re-appeared right behind him, and walked out with my prize. That, and the intro were the most Gunpoint this game has felt so far, but it's getting there. I want to go re-try the challenge with only a swapper (teleporter that trades places with someone) and a short blade.

Also, after clearing a bit over half of the ship in my personal (final, unless you feel like keeping going) mission to avenge my father, I mis-judged the distance to a guard, and an alarm was sounded. My quarry ran to the ship teleporters to escape, and I just shrugged. I knew those teleporters had "accidentally got adjusted" to just space people. I didn't get to stab him up close, but he didn't get to breathe, so good enough.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: April 11, 2019, 08:06:47 am »

Figured out how to build an automated refinery system - a train collects materials from various deposits, and drops it all off at a central refinery. I don't have manufacturers built yet to deal with the processed resources, and I may have gone a bit overboard with coal production in part due to not knowing how much the train itself would use for fuel. But at least the power plant should be well supplied.

EDIT: Won the story-required Chocobo Race on the first try. I don't think I've ever done that. The grey and red Chocobos tried to sprint from behind me at the end of the race, except I still had at least 2/3rds of my stamina left so I powered ahead myself.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 04:48:56 pm by Akura »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: April 12, 2019, 10:31:57 pm »

Best friend and I decided to try Twich mode legend. Righteous Stand. We ended up doing a mad dash through the level as a Troll, Stormfiend, Rat Ogre and Chaos Spawn chased us. In the end we had to keep kiting like madmen around the statue of Sigmar until it took its sweet time and exploded. Didn't kill the damn troll, but we didn't stick around once the exit activated.

On the plus side, I got the Heldenhammer Time (have Sigmar kill a bunch of Chaos Warriors in this event) challenge done.

Vermintide 2
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: April 15, 2019, 07:55:55 am »

Built a destroyer. While not entirely finished, it's usable. Changed the method of designing the hulls; instead of creating a curved hull using 1m triangle corners and inverted triangle corners, I made a much more simple >-shaped bow using wedges at the front, and went for a U-shaped flat bottom instead of a V-shape. The rear deck sticks out from the lower hull over the water, making room for the propellers and rudder beneath.

Top speed is around 13.7m/s(26.6 knots). Slower than what I wanted, but it's kept that top speed throughout the entire construction process while the engines were one of the first things installed, and it doesn't backflip. Propulsion is provided by two 1m steam propellers turned by 8 pistons each, fired by two boilers each capable of burning 8.5mt per second(it only needs about 2/3rd's that for max speed).

Current armament is a pair of depth charge launchers that I might remove since they do too little damage and have a tendency to attack the ship(despite an IFF module and safety fuse), and 4 179mm x 1709mm cannons firing APHE - they're iffy at penetrating armor at the moment though. The cannons achieve a pretty high rate of fire for its caliber, but accuracy is quite bad for some reason.

Combat tested against an Onyx Watch Bastion, manually controlled, but player's repair tentacles disabled. As mentioned, the cannons had trouble piercing armor, but enough hits eventually ripped it off. Before that, the Bastion got a lucky(very lucky) hit that tore off the rudder completely, forcing me to run while placing down some repair bots. Another lucky hit tore off both rear turrets at once - not sure how, but it might have hit the firing piece of one, causing a chain of ammo cookoffs that killed the other turret. Came back after the repair bots (slowly) got it back into shape, hammered the Bastion's cannons, and eventually gutted the entire AI core with constant pounding.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: April 15, 2019, 01:00:10 pm »

After wandering the level for 3.5 hours, I've found the boss and defeated it on a second try!

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: April 18, 2019, 02:40:13 am »

I got four kills in quick succession and was Kill Leader for like two seconds. It was a set of extremely lucky breaks, such as finding level 4 armor ten feet away from where I landed and grabbing a weapon mere milliseconds before another player reached it (they grabbed the ammo first.) Proceed to me going 1v3 against an enemy squad and almost winning. Apparently, the key to popping off in this game is to get a shotgun early, get close, and not be afraid.

To be clear, we still got wiped less than five minutes into the match. But it was awesome while it lasted.

Apex Legends.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 708