Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260024 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9465 on: July 17, 2019, 05:15:47 pm »

I've just got a disc image of Oregon Trail 2 that's set up to work on Win 10.

In wonder how much fun a DF-forum-choice-based run of Oregon Trail II would be?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:20:16 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: July 17, 2019, 06:48:46 pm »

I'm actually pretty sure I've got the game on a cd, I know I have the case...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: July 17, 2019, 08:19:01 pm »

I thought Enemy Post was either joking about playing a game I haven't seen except on 5.25" floppy, or having taken a vacation.

It sounds like there is some new Oregon Trail now? Did they also reboot Odell Lake? Number Munchers?

I played the 1990 version of the original on the Internet Archive here.

In wonder how much fun a DF-forum-choice-based run of Oregon Trail II would be?

I'd enjoy that. I've never played any of the sequels.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:33:13 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: July 17, 2019, 08:34:40 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: July 18, 2019, 09:58:05 am »

Took several attempts, but I finally killed the entire world with a fungal infection. Kept from evolving any symptoms until literally every person was infected, then dumped everything into evolving necrosis and hemorrhagic shock. Took about a year for it to start spreading beyond the US, a few more years to finish infecting the world, about a year for the main die-off, then a year or two for the last few million or so to finish dying.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: July 18, 2019, 11:05:19 am »

Took several attempts, but I finally killed the entire world with a fungal infection. Kept from evolving any symptoms until literally every person was infected, then dumped everything into evolving necrosis and hemorrhagic shock. Took about a year for it to start spreading beyond the US, a few more years to finish infecting the world, about a year for the main die-off, then a year or two for the last few million or so to finish dying.

Is that related to the old flash game where Madagascar shut down their damn port (only way in our out) if someone in the world might be sick? That was a good game, otherwise.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: July 18, 2019, 12:11:50 pm »

More or less a spiritual successor to Pandemic 2, yes. Only in this game Madagascar is a bit easier to infect. But then again in this run the very first thing to stop the spread of the Superitch fungus was for Madagascar to... close off its land borders. Which was ineffective in part because every person was already infected.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: July 18, 2019, 02:55:15 pm »

It's kinda stressful when you join an existing squad, all of whom seem to know each other and are communicating on mic. Certainly a high pressure environment, especially when said folks are reasonably skilled and from another country - so you gotta do your homeland proud and not embarrass yourself.

Fortunately, in this case I did pretty well indeed, getting my fair share of kills and rescuing my teammates in the nick of time on at least a couple of occasions, not to mention sharing out a few good bits of loot I found here and there.

Oh, and, we won overall! I reckon that's a good note to end on for the night. ^-^

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: July 19, 2019, 09:06:07 am »

It's kinda stressful when you join an existing squad, all of whom seem to know each other and are communicating on mic. Certainly a high pressure environment, especially when said folks are reasonably skilled and from another country - so you gotta do your homeland proud and not embarrass yourself.

True. In Australia I think they put you in charge if you're too big of an embarrassment. Mostly everywhere else, too.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: July 19, 2019, 03:56:07 pm »

I got a three star Tiny with a moon shard.  Basically golem that is supposed to punch slowly, punches at an average speed instead.  The enemy didn't stand a chance.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: July 20, 2019, 05:28:05 am »

Built a tiny, 3034mt gunboat meant to fight against the super-lightweights of the DWG - which typically cost around 4kmt-5kmt. Basically, a crappy little hull, and a dual-gun 120mm HEAT turret, which is fairly effective against wooden hulls. Has stability problems, but pretty much everything this small will.

First combat test was against a Sea Viper. The Sea Viper has a problem where it will occasionally launch into the air like a dolphin, during which I hit directly under the hull, coring the AI.

Second test, I put 8 boats against a Marauder. 24kmt vs 18kmt, but I could have done it with 6 boats. Only one was destroyed by the Marauder's forward cannon(the one that glitches through the hull). The rest surrounded it and tore it to pieces, with the only other damage suffered was friendly fire from fragments spraying out from the Marauder.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: July 21, 2019, 04:21:48 am »

A bit of context: when starting a PvP fight via Dragon Eye, no other player phantoms can exist (invaders or white) in the host world, forcing it to be a duel.

This, apparently, does not apply to NPC phantom invasions, because Marvelous Chester invaded my opponent's world (providing me with very useful fire support, due to host using Tranquil Walk).

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: July 21, 2019, 08:02:54 pm »

Necroa virus is fun. Z-Com formed in Sweden to fight off the plague. A few attempts to infect failed, but I upgraded the ability to send hordes in the millions. Their headquarters really couldn't hold off a zombie horde that outnumbered their entire country's population 5-1.

EDIT: Began a new attempt at a campaign. First few battles against the DWG were successful. First battle was against a few random air... things. Minimal damage on one ship, but more salvage than repair cost. Second battle, a single DWG Corsair. Did considerably more damage to my three boats, but I was able to capture it... mostly intact. Would have had more of it intact if a random shot hadn't blown off the entire quarterdeck/bridge section. Not sure if my boats' guns are even capable of causing that much damage, so it might have been the Corsair itself.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:01:26 pm by Akura »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: July 24, 2019, 12:09:57 am »

I still only came in second.  Its an 8 player FFA so I'm not too dissapointed, 1st place guy played very well.  I spent most of the game at ~2/3rds everyone else's net worth because of all the rerolling I did to achieve that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: July 24, 2019, 11:25:11 am »

In a 1 Vs. 1, I got a four kill streak as a spy against in order; A heavy, a demoman, a soldier, and finally a pyro. Then my streak was broken when a sniper managed to hit me.
Oh, and I didn't heal at all during this time.

Gang Garrison 2
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 708