Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1259950 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9540 on: September 22, 2019, 06:07:59 pm »

It's important to note that there are always exceptions to a normal lifespan. Housecats generally only go for about 15 years on average, but some specimens have lived for 20 years or more. It doesn't seem impossible for a bird with a lifespan more than double that of a cat to manage an extra 4 years.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: September 22, 2019, 08:37:13 pm »

In Untitled Goose Game, I tried playing soccer with a little boy. He kicked it towards me, I pecked it back to him, then he grabbed the ball and walked away, refusing to play with a goose anymore.

I of course did the only reasonable thing a goose can: stole his toy airplane, and let him chase me until he caught me (a pretty good distance), then honked at him until he ran away, and untied one of his shoelaces while he was running. While he was on the ground, I grabbed the plane, and left it somewhere the shopkeeper would find it, so she put it up for sale.

Afterwards, I put my beak into a glass bottle and ran around with a weird echo-y honk while doing a victory lap with my wings spread.

Later, I left a walkie-talkie at the end of an area I can chase him into easily, then chased him while honking into the other walkie-talkie to see what it did (less than I hoped until he stopped being afraid of me and got curious about the walkie-talkie). That wasn't related to any slight against me in particular, just a well-intentioned prank.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: September 22, 2019, 09:05:35 pm »

... drugs are bad, mmm'kay?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: September 23, 2019, 09:34:22 am »

... drugs are bad, mmm'kay?

They're good drugs, Brint.

Also, nah. It's just a hilarious game about trying stupid things to see what works. I really did want playing soccer with the child to be a thing once I noticed the goose could peck the ball hard enough to send it rolling. It does feel like they could have added a few more unnecessary dumb things you could do, but it's still got a lot going on.

I bet it'd be amazing to play while drinking with friends while everyone comes up with dumb ideas to try and we laugh when something works/fails hilariously.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: September 23, 2019, 10:23:32 am »

Some of the bugs are pretty funny.  I haven't played it but I watched a video where the groundskeeper got into an endless loop of trying to pick something up from the table but bumping into the cooler first, which prompted him to stop to fix the cooler.  Then he realized he wanted that thing from the table again...

And the woman in the garden who puts the bow on the goose, who got in an endless loop of stooping over to pick up the bow but suddenly falling on her butt.  Then she got up, realized she wanted the bow, and fell on her butt again...

And the one time the goose fell through the ground.  All you could see was its head sticking through the grass as it flailed about for a while until the game got its act together and teleported the goose back above ground.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: September 24, 2019, 02:41:42 pm »

Some of the bugs are pretty funny.  I haven't played it but I watched a video where the groundskeeper got into an endless loop of trying to pick something up from the table but bumping into the cooler first, which prompted him to stop to fix the cooler.  Then he realized he wanted that thing from the table again...

And the woman in the garden who puts the bow on the goose, who got in an endless loop of stooping over to pick up the bow but suddenly falling on her butt.  Then she got up, realized she wanted the bow, and fell on her butt again...

And the one time the goose fell through the ground.  All you could see was its head sticking through the grass as it flailed about for a while until the game got its act together and teleported the goose back above ground.

I haven't managed any bugs, yet. Reading your examples, I've done a few things that very well could have caused bugs, but didn't. I haven't tried penning people in, aside from
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The exploration and messing around parts of the game are still great (and you can reset the world by saving and loading). The stealth parts remind me of Sneak King in a good way. The puzzle solving to complete the to-do list is usually very easy with 1 exception in both levels I've played, but they're still usually entertaining to accomplish. If they make another, hopefully they focus more on the sandbox/just messing around parts.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: September 24, 2019, 06:19:09 pm »

Dunkey did a good thing on goose thing

youtube.com/watch?v=9STHqt_vsCc
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: September 25, 2019, 12:41:01 pm »

Dunkey did a good thing on goose thing

youtube.com/watch?v=9STHqt_vsCc

9/10, failed to honk angrily at the man when he stole the rake back. Or when he didn't. Honk is the most important button.

Also, I stole the shopkeeper's broom, and hid it. Now she can't chase me out of her store with it. Sadly, she also will not play soccer with this goose, and shall be haunted for it until I tire of tormenting her.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: September 28, 2019, 05:41:59 am »

Rebuilt my ship from scratch. What was a hit-and-run clearing mission with a group of pirates where I would slightly damage one before fleeing to repair(which was getting expensive) my ship, became a total curbstomp. My health bar didn't even decrease despite how much they were shooting at me.

Hopped over to a distress beacon which turned out to be a pirate ambush. They took off about 1/3 of my ship's health, almost entirely through torpedoes. By the time I was done with them and the xsotan scout party that showed up during the battle, the ship's mechanics had already passively repaired most of the damage.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: September 28, 2019, 12:48:02 pm »

I haven't played that in a long time.

I should get back into it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: September 28, 2019, 06:02:00 pm »

Pretty sure I'm not supposed to be able to beat Boss Swoks III with a titanium-tier ship. And yet I killed him, his fleet, and the random-event pirate raid fleet that jumped in. Ended up getting a sizable reward from the local faction for the raid fleet, plus all the loot. Still took at most 25% damage.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: September 28, 2019, 10:37:18 pm »

I'm playing the new character in Slay the Spire, and beat the Time Eater before you could call me hasty (about 200 damage in one turn) because I was getting 2 smites each turn and then the power that gives 3 mantra each turn (where every 10 mantra gives you a turn-long buff that triples all damage you do, and also gives you 2 more energy) finally got to 12. I got the final set of unlocks and cleared ascension 2 at the same time.

That upgraded power is pretty crazy (triple damage after 4 turns, and again 3 turns later if you need it again), but normally mantra is pretty hard to come by (1 or 2 if upgraded from a card that gives block, or 5 from a card that exhausts if it isn't upgraded). Plan B for damage is using wrath, where you do and take double damage until you end the stance. By comparison, "triple damage and also here's some free energy, go wild" is pretty extreme. Hopefully it gets nerfed, and also gets easier to build up.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: September 29, 2019, 03:20:53 am »

Survived the First Intermediate Period, but boy, did it look like end of the world. ALL THE BREAK-AWAYS, AAAAAH

SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: September 29, 2019, 08:12:00 am »

Played a round of night of the full moon for the first time in... months. Completely fresh start, new device and everything so the persistent progression stuff wasn't even there. Promptly just bloody rolled the game with a crazy axe (dupes basic attacks when played)/card draw knight. By the end of it I was first-turn killing end-game enemies and ending fights with more armor than I had max health. Most of the time I was playing my entire deck every single turn. The witch boss took about three turns, and I came out of it with more health than I started it with. Good stuff.

Spoiler: deck screenshot (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: September 30, 2019, 01:25:02 pm »

Destroyed my first Looter camp, losing only one of my girls* in the process. Probably bad AI, but the entire gang stood in the center of their camp, facing away from our approach. Once my troops started firing, about half of them were cut down in seconds. Shotguns are absurdly powerful in this situation. Since I wasn't sure what kind of throwing angle I'd get, I took a chance and threw a grenade. It killed three of them.

It's not so much that I took out a camp of Looters(the weakest enemies in the game), it's that I'm able to equip and manage a force large enough to do so. Now I can move on to bigger threats.

Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 708