Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260397 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9555 on: October 01, 2019, 11:46:13 pm »

I defeated the Falkenhiem (cost 25k) with a single manually piloted fighter in first person mode (cost 2.7k).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Normally in this game I make promising ship designs but there's always some serious flaw that prevents them from fighting efficiently.  This thing was the complete opposite, it did *nothing* until suddenly it clicked and was great.  Its powered by a single custom jet and does 82 m/s for about 2 fuel per second.  Its only weapon is a heat guided missile that does 32k damage and can be fired near-sustainably with nothing but ammo crates.  I don't even want to START on the trouble it was to get this thing to fly properly, it took about 4 hours and I'm sure my solutions were hacky AF.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: October 02, 2019, 08:11:48 am »

I found the machine gun. And I went to town in Groznyj Grad. I love that Snake yells as you keep shooting it, and the ammo counter constantly scrolls in from off-screen.

I don't care that I couldn't leave the area without being discovered. Wiping out guards with the M63 is the most fun I've had in this game.

MGS3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: October 02, 2019, 06:51:31 pm »

... just incremented by direct strike dehaka winning streak again. Miscounted, so rather than being win 10, it's 11. Since I've started playing this map yesterday, my win rate is literally 100%. I must be doing something right at this point :V

Any case, the game itself was fairly... what's becoming standard. Wave matched with a tychus, roach spam ftw. They tried to pull out cannonballs for stunning, but... more roaches. Plus some hydras for the dps. They fought off my initial just!dehaka wave and then lost every subsequent wave until the game ended. I'm not even sure how tychus deals with this, save maybe bum rushing higher tech levels and getting fancier stuff. Trying to use their anti-armor unit just means you scatter zerglings around to soak their shots and get some ravs to eat them, and everything else seems to just... die.

Among other things dehaka apparently is particularly abusive against the non-dehaka hero commanders (kerrigan, tychus, etc.), since it's been consistently abusing any of those I've matched against. Maybe they got play that resists and the folks I've encountered just don't use it, I'unno. Either way I'm doing entirely too well for someone that'd never played the game until yesterday :P

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: October 03, 2019, 06:46:01 pm »

Took down a force of 19 Armored Marauders. With zero casualties except myself once. In fact, me going down that one time may have been what prevented any of the gals going down since it resets everyone to their start position. And the first thing a wounded soldier will do at the start of a battle round is use a medkit if they have one. All that time and money going into making sure every girl has at least a vest and a medkit probably helped.

Loot was damned nice: 5 Police vests(42 armor, the girls had 26-30 armor vests), and a AKM74 which is priced about 3x the regular AKM were the big items. EXP gained was tremendous as well. Not only I leveled up, but about half my entire army gained levels. Even this one random pirate who volunteered but hasn't served once on the battle line gained two levels.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #9559 on: October 05, 2019, 11:27:05 am »

I am not a sniper player. In fact, I often make derogatory comments vis a vis my aim and a dog. However! I went 27/5/16 and top damage with arguably the hardest long-range champion in the game, Kinessa. Feels pretty good.

Paladins.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: October 06, 2019, 12:14:35 am »

Is there significance to that date?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: October 06, 2019, 01:10:36 am »

Is there significance to that date?

I don't think it's a date, it's stats. Dunno what they are tho.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: October 06, 2019, 04:28:14 am »

I would hazard a guess at it being kills/assists/deaths. But I have no clue as I have never played that game.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: October 06, 2019, 06:12:08 am »

Kills/deaths/assists, but yes. Arx wouldn't feel as good with a 27:16 kill/death ratio :P

Kda format is fairly standard for games that track all three. People care about the kills and deaths the most, with assists being tacked on the end, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: October 06, 2019, 07:56:43 am »

I was making a funny :-\
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: October 06, 2019, 03:07:08 pm »

After a few weeks of research and work putting together a list of parts I finally ordered every single part I need for the new computer I'm building last night.

Still a bunch of steps to do to get it even technically working (putting it together, going to a store to update bios using a different CPU (cause of specific issues to this CPU/motherboard combo I'm using), reformatting a flash drive and sticking windows on it, installing windows onto the computer, ect), much less working well (driver/windows updates, calibration on everything, installing all the programs, moving files and games and programs over) or optimally (my sure to be hamfisted overclocking attempts on RAM/graphics card).

And even though there is still a very significant amount to do I feel relieved that the actual decision making process is over and done with.
If you are curious, here is the build.

Real life, obvs.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: October 06, 2019, 03:16:38 pm »

I literally shadowboxed depression to death. No, I didn't actually. It'll be back. But I'm okay. 9 days of bullshit and 33 days of the most severe depression I've had in my life.

Yet I persist. I persevere. I cannot be broken.

Real Life: Survival Mode
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: October 06, 2019, 06:16:06 pm »

I’ve heard you can’t switch off survival mode, or you’ll automatically lose.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: October 06, 2019, 08:54:40 pm »

Hit for the reverse cycle (home run, triple, double, single, in that order) in a game in my rookie season. The difficulty was on dynamic, and was on hall of fame+, though increased to legend (the highest you can select manually, though there’s a legend+ with dynamic) for my single, which I caught square since it hit the pitcher in the leg, the silly mare.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: October 07, 2019, 08:45:42 am »

After a few weeks of research and work putting together a list of parts I finally ordered every single part I need for the new computer I'm building last night.

Still a bunch of steps to do to get it even technically working (putting it together, going to a store to update bios using a different CPU (cause of specific issues to this CPU/motherboard combo I'm using), reformatting a flash drive and sticking windows on it, installing windows onto the computer, ect), much less working well (driver/windows updates, calibration on everything, installing all the programs, moving files and games and programs over) or optimally (my sure to be hamfisted overclocking attempts on RAM/graphics card).

And even though there is still a very significant amount to do I feel relieved that the actual decision making process is over and done with.
If you are curious, here is the build.

Real life, obvs.

Nice, I just had to give up on Newegg after getting scammed. Do you have advice on a reliable seller? Is reseller ratings still a thing?
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 708