Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260266 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9600 on: October 18, 2019, 07:37:51 pm »

Nice!  I’ve never been able to figure subs out (they use... hydrofoils...for something?  IDK).

Mine currently uses block mass/buoyancy and air pumps. When the pumps are off, it sinks. When on, it rises. It requires a careful balance of buoyant/non-buoyant blocks. In fact, when I posted the example above, it didn't actually sink properly... for some reason. And it wasn't due to the cameras not seeing the enemy. It worked prior to combat testing. Eventually, I fixed it by replacing some of the interior metal with lead.

The pumps were controlled by a PID set to use "altitude above sea level" as its input with a fake set point, and an ACB set to detect enemies and toggle the PID's fake point. The fake point is however meters below sea level the submarine dives to. When the ACB receives the signal an enemy is detected, it turns on the PID's fake set point, and the sub dives. Another ACB with the inverse condition will turn off the PID's fake point and the sub rises since the PID's output is now 0m away from sea level.

I would use hydrofoils to facilitate diving(as they do on real subs), if I could figure out how to get them to do that. The best I've managed is for the sub to launch upwards, which is the exact opposite I want to do. Right now they just ensure the sub remains level.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: October 18, 2019, 10:56:11 pm »

Completed Dead Man's Switch.

So, uh... Now what?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There were a lot of the modded campaigns that were finished. Dragonfall even originally was available through the same engine (before your companions offered different options for improvement).

If you're getting more games, it comes down to the decking system. The characters and missions were better in Hong Kong, but people liked the decking system in Dragonfall better.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: October 18, 2019, 11:00:12 pm »

There were a lot of the modded campaigns that were finished.

Any clue where I should look for these? I've only checked on the Workshop, and besides "Shadowrun Unlimited", I haven't really seen anything that seems close to finished. Also, are there any particular campaigns you'd recommend?

Also also, is that the end for my character? Is it at all possible for me to use him in different campaigns, or will I have to create a new character from scratch when I start a new campaign?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: October 20, 2019, 04:34:20 pm »

Finally beat the Eternal Labyrinth with my Necromancer in PoE. Crushed it. Totally fucking crushed it. With slightly less faffing around it might even had been a contender for the weekly time. Izaro died off screen while I just Flame Dashed around and dropped my summon totems.

Beat the Immortal Syndicate boss for the first time. Also killed basic Atziri this week for the first time. I've just been slaying it. No wonder no one likes melee. I've played melee for years and seen most of this content as insurmountable, but my Necromancer just keeps going from strength to strength, getting multiplicatively more bad ass with every upgrade.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: October 20, 2019, 07:14:10 pm »

Took... far longer than expected, but I finally began the process of building a rocket. Currently bottlenecked by rocket fuel(in particular, solid fuel) production, and by the time I set up the infrastructure to expand that, the rocket will be finished anyway.

Just as well, the bugs have started to become all but immune to my gun turrets.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: October 20, 2019, 07:48:59 pm »

I'm always used to not being the best player in my group of friends. I don't really play their games that much, and my reaction times also aren't that great, so I usually just play with or against them for fun. Today, however, they challenged me in my home territory of CKII, and I'm so happy I can finally say I totally outplayed them.

CKII's base game has just gone free on steam, with the announcement of CKIII, and me and my friends who usually play the game decided to get all of our friends who never had to join. This, however, is not a story about stomping on the unexperienced, which wouldn't be owning, but on a friend of mine who actually has a lot of experience with the game. We played on a randomized world, and had been playing for 60 or so ingame years. The world was pretty complicated, but this is a story of two nations fighting. I owned a little duchy around the Balearic Isles, containing said isles, a few Spanish provinces, a few French provinces and a single province in both Morocco and Italy. My friend owned a little duchy in the center of France, with a boatload of fairly large tributaries surrounding him and two of the less experienced players as his vassals. I was actually allied to him, my half-sister being married to his ruler to secure an alliance through blood.

I was minding my own business, raiding some port cities in Southern Italy for those sweet stacks of money, when suddenly the three guys started laughing. I didn't even notice they had broken the non-aggression pact, so I was totally unprepared for inter-player warfare. He used the very Half-Sister I had given him for peace as a claimant for my throne. I scrambled to gather my armies and call upon my allies. Turned out, most of those allies had already pledged themselves to my rival. In the end, I was fairly glad I had mustered around 6000 of my own troops, with 6000 marching in from an ally in Brittany. I was woefully unprepared for the fact that my friend had mustered all his tributaries, allies, got full support from his two player vassals instead of the regular levies the AI provided, and had spent around 600 gold on mercenaries. His armies easily totalled around 35000, who all quickly reached my borders and started sieging, reducing my army to a meager 1000 in the blink of an eye, with backup still very far away.

The war was utterly unwinnable. I didn't nearly have enough money to get a decent amount of mercs, and the other players would rather look than help me out. But, I decided there was still an option. Not one where I would win, but one that would instantly end the war. Kill his wife, my very own half-sister. As her claim was the reason for this war, it would end the moment she died. Not something my friend had thought of. Murder plots, however, take some time to fire. And time is of incredible importance when thousands of men are ramming on the doors of your holdings. I was lucky though, that my half-sister was an insufferable cunt disliked by much of her court. No one would join instantly, but almost half the court would after a bribe. So I started bribing, reaching over 100% plot score. But I knew this wasn't enough to have the plot fire in time. My armies were sieging the most faraway provinces of my enemy in a last effort to slow the warscore from building up, and I continued bribing until I ran out of money. Still not enough. I had a decent income, so i had to wait until I amassed some more wealth, bribed a person, and the cycle continued. Eventually I reached almost 270% plot power, and a plot fired. 70% war score and over half a dozen sieges ticking away. The plot failed. People actually withdrew from the plot, bringing it back to 210%. 90% warscore. A new plot fired. I knew it was gonna be an incredibly close call. Sieges ticking down. 100% warscore. My friend had technically won. All he had needed to do was pause the game, and click on enforce demands. But the instant 100% was reached, a message appeared on my screen, showing the assassination was succesfull. The sieges were suddenly lifted and there was no war to speak of.

I don't think I've ever felt such an adrenaline rush while gaming. We all laughed at what had happened, how 3 highwaymen had beat over 30000 soldiers. I then duelled his character, as he was my rival (I might have bedded his wife, my half-sister, earlier in the game, don't we all love CKII) and killed him during the duel.

My best game of CKII ever, hands down.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: October 25, 2019, 06:35:53 am »

It feels so good playing a proper knight build in M&B Warband again. Managed to win a tournament, used the money to get a better sword and lance, and rode down 8 sea raiders. It really is the best single combat vs group strategy, provided you're against melee combatants.

Now I've got the Samurai armour, a bit of money, and the sky's the limit.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: October 25, 2019, 02:16:43 pm »

Finished up KOTOR 2 as a Jedi Consular/Jedi Master. By the end, any boss who couldn't easily make a DC 50+ Fort save was helplessly choked to death.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: October 25, 2019, 02:28:17 pm »

Finished up KOTOR 2 as a Jedi Consular/Jedi Master. By the end, any boss who couldn't easily make a DC 50+ Fort save was helplessly choked to death.

OBJECTION!

I do remember doing a Guardian/Weapon Master run of that, and murderating everything, including Darth Sion, who I destroyed in one or two rounds of combat.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: October 25, 2019, 06:11:55 pm »

OBJECTION!

I do remember doing a Guardian/Weapon Master run of that, and murderating everything, including Darth Sion, who I destroyed in one or two rounds of combat.

Nah brah. Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder, dual wielding.  Like twelve attacks a round each doing at least fifty damage. Then you cast master speed. I butchered Sion in single rounds. The talking took twice as long as the fight.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: October 25, 2019, 06:55:36 pm »

OBJECTION!

Sure, there are penalties for using Dark Side powers as a Light Side character, but they don't matter much to a 47 Wisdom.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: October 25, 2019, 07:36:45 pm »

I miss the Old Republic MMO before it went Free to Play.

The Sith Warrior storyline was golden. You could be such a pragmatic asshole.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: October 25, 2019, 08:48:56 pm »

OBJECTION!

Nah brah. Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder, dual wielding.  Like twelve attacks a round each doing at least fifty damage. Then you cast master speed. I butchered Sion in single rounds. The talking took twice as long as the fight.

That was what I meant, it’s just been so long since I played it :p

It was also very difficult for me to take Sion seriously, unfortunately, because of his voice actor’s prior endeavours, which appeared frequently on telly.

Also because he’s Scottish.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: October 31, 2019, 03:31:50 pm »

After who knows how many runs, I'm pass into the inner chambers of the Spire with the Silent on Ascension 1, first time with a regular character. (Side note: Slimebound is way OP.)

The guardian duo did a number on me, taking me down to about 2/3rds health.

The heart is, amazingly, not immediately pulverizing me, despite my limited offensive and defensive capabilities. But it is a battle of attrition, and I'm walking into this battle with about 7% of its health.

Hurling everything I can muster at it, it has 32hp after poison takes effect... and it's about to send a flurry of blows my way to the tune of 4x12. I have 10block+18hp. I need to be able to soak 48, not 28 damage to win on the next turn. Resigned to an unfortunate defeat with victory but a glance away, I end my turn.

I forgot I deal 6 damage per hit as a counter.

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: October 31, 2019, 05:25:02 pm »

Nice work. Murdering that heart feels good. Also, caltrops against multi-hit enemies.
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 708