Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289398 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9720 on: February 15, 2020, 08:51:35 pm »

I usually go for a top class weapon relevant to my class or... Silver dragon armor? The one that reflects spells. Genocide isn't a terrible options either, though that's more of a long term strategy.

Edit: Oh, or Boots of Speed? Those are always useful for running away. Remember to request them with mods, so fireproof, +2, etc.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 10:10:34 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: February 15, 2020, 09:10:20 pm »

...What if you wish for the amulet though?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: February 15, 2020, 10:08:24 pm »

...What if you wish for the amulet though?

You get a cheap plastic imitation that's functionally worthless unless you're into polypiling. (Not kidding.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: February 16, 2020, 01:28:55 am »

Yet Another Stupid Own: I found a /oWishing. On dlevel 2. What would be the best thing for me to wish for?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Random Number God smiles upon us. I started a game as an orc wizard with a scroll of stinking cloud and a scroll of genocide.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: February 16, 2020, 12:57:47 pm »

All I remember about that game is starving to death on the first level or 2 because I could never find the secret doors I needed to get to the next room. Dozens of times. Not a fan of food clocks.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: February 18, 2020, 09:11:28 am »

I did a thing. It was long, tedious and ultimately pointless.
Then i made a separate save and made her into a dark falcon, to see how far i would be able to get with just Azura and Corrin. Then i remembered that dark falcon is a flying class. Fuck.

FE Fates.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:13:08 am by MCreeper »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: February 18, 2020, 09:44:43 am »

I've completed ascension 15 with Silent in Slay the Spire, during my quest to convince myself I'm not terrible at the game, merely "good enough."

I did a thing. It was long, tedious and ultimately pointless.

It's a video game, that goes without saying. At least you did the right thing, and posted about it online (not joking, that's what we're here for).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: February 19, 2020, 07:18:50 pm »

In a very late-game random encounter, a random battle usually gives about 5,000-6,000XP. I managed to boost this to almost 90,000XP. Massive level gains ensue.

Spoiler: ramble stuff (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Managed to get Apocalymon. While the method of obtaining him is actually fairly logical in hindsight(it Digevolves from any one of Machinedramon, MetalSeadramon, Puppetmon, and Piedmon), I didn't actually expect the antithesis of all existence to actually be in the game, much less obtainable. I've yet to encounter him as a bonus boss or anything. Even at Level 1, he's stronger than many Mega Digimon at Level 50. His special attack does a fixed 444 damage(a lot, for fixed damage) to all enemies, which is odd given my family's peculiar obsession with that number, in part due to the fact that my grandmother's heart stopped at exactly 4:44PM.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:16:03 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: February 23, 2020, 10:49:17 am »

I built a traction trebuchet, it extremely simple and probably built by a lot of players, but it's fun and it works well and effective against a lot of things!
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: February 23, 2020, 11:59:31 am »

Playing as Twitch first time. Got lucky. MF did make 10-1 at first, but then got repeatedly slaughtered by my ult. I like this ult.
Now i want to figure out how to play as Ashe. I got a cool skin for her, but all tries so far ended in total failure.

League of legends
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 12:11:11 pm by MCreeper »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: February 24, 2020, 03:02:23 am »

Press F for Galactis666

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: February 25, 2020, 07:58:28 pm »

Just beat Astral Birth Void in Kirby Star Allies, and only on my second attempt.

I don't think I could have done it with anyone but Magolor though.  Magolor is a cheating cheat cheat since he has some really abusive attacks, like the giant sword attack that makes him invulnerable for a short time, and with his air block he can become intangible and avoid a lot of the spam attacks from the bosses.

I watched someone beat the boss with Marx, but... I think I'm satisfied having done it with Magolor.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: February 25, 2020, 09:14:03 pm »

Jumped to an aircraft during a tank battle. See an enemy plane just over a kilometer away, but can't close quickly enough. Fire a quick spray in where I think it'll hit(a target lead designator only appears at 0.75km and below), not expecting it to hit. Then I see a notification that the enemy lost tail control, and I see their plane go from flying relatively level to straight plummet in about a second. I get credit for the kill. That same flight I also strafe an enemy tank and destroy it. Both the plane and the tank earned One Shot(get a kill without missing). Then I returned Safe and Sound - a 300SL award for staying alive in a plane until the timer runs out. Most players will just try to kamikaze an enemy tank, but I have standards.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: February 26, 2020, 01:23:08 am »

Second run in with Giovanni, and I had to completely rethink my strategy. 

He still starts with Persian - Normal, but with dark moves which prevent me using my powerful psychics.  Demands a fighting type, but it's hard to get one competetive.

Followed by a weird hippo thing I'd never seen which turned out to be pure ground.  This thing was the bane of my existence.  Guides suggested Venusaur, which should have made me happy because I fricken love grass types, but grass types just don't get quite that beefy!  (...I wonder if Roserade would have worked?  Ah no it's also grass/poison of course.  ...Tangrowth?)

And lastly the prize: Raiku.  Basically a non threat, I mained Rhyperior even before the recent community day.

I start with Mamoswine-
JK I immediately switch for Machamp, because the act of switching stuns the AI for a couple seconds.  There's a timer on switching, but it's worth it.
Machamp proceeds to beat the stuffing out of this normal-type Persian for a few seconds, until the persian starts ineffectually using its dark quickmove.  Off goes "Close Combat".  It's blocked, and Machamp's defense falls.
All according to keikaku.
Machamp continues punching.  The Persian is stunned by the move, but recovers and gets some painful dark claws off on the weakened defense- and Machamp uses Close Combat again.
Again blocked, Giovanni's shields are gone.

FourPunchMan falls quickly afterward.  But unlike my Slaking opener, I've nearly killed that damn cat with just the fast moves.
In comes Mamoswine (DaRude) who gets the kill before the Persian can reaction.  Charging up a Blizzard for DumbGroundHippo (headcanon).  Smack, smack - despite every advantage, it's a tough battle because Team Rocket cheats like heck.  seriously, their CP are like 12K versus my 2.5K.  But they do get stunned a lot and that makes it work.

...Almost.  DaRude goes down, it's just down to Rhyperior (Superior).  Finishes off the stupid hippo, gaining some charge.  In comes Shadow Raiku, getting smacked in the face with rocks.  Eat Superpower!  Our stats go down, but victory is at hand. Eat-

Oh shit it's got a move off- JK I KEPT A SHIELD
Rock rock rock rock and a final Superpower
Get wrekt!
For the second time, you cheating bastard!

Pokemon GO
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: February 26, 2020, 09:37:11 am »

beat the boss with Marx

I'd watch that show.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 709