Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293018 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9825 on: April 28, 2020, 06:07:53 pm »

I'm still missing  the 6 hard mode items , getting those 10 stars for each class in hard mode seems insane for me :D

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: April 28, 2020, 06:55:35 pm »

Somewhat ironically, I found that the later stages are easier because you can take more items.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: May 02, 2020, 04:33:48 pm »

Threw a sword at an enemy. The blade knicked him in the stomach, but the handle got his leg. This caused him to stumble and trip, shoving the sword further in and turning a minor cut into a fatal stabbing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: May 03, 2020, 10:48:25 am »

Own, and get owned at the same time:

After a bit of gaming of the RNG to make sure that specific skills are in the right places on my skill grid, I have an almost unbeatable build, ready to take out the unlock-required endgame boss at max difficulty-- I'm only vulnerable for the first few turns while I'm putting up (optional) buffs and banishing any maluses before I end up with a really boring 'spam a single zero-cost card repeatedly' situation that can't be interrupted.

Almost two hours later of what feels like increasingly slow interface/animations, the last normal boss is dead, and the endgame one is ready-- when I learned I failed to equip the key at the character selection screen.

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: May 03, 2020, 12:11:21 pm »

Beat the final boss in the first try, which is surprising given how insanely hard the Shadow (the previous boss) was.

Ashen. It's a great game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: May 05, 2020, 03:13:59 pm »

On the downside I was shaky, *blacklisted*, and suffered glitch sickness.  All the foes were shielded, and called in contractor reinforcements.

On the plus side it was an Offworld Security ship and I had a rechargeable glitch trap and patience.  At some point contractors stop arriving - not paid enough, I suppose.

(Still managed to knock out more than I killed - mostly contractors, but I did have a 5-shot unrechargeable subverter.  It was the key cloner that really saved me time though.  9 levels of security!)

Heat Signature
(Oh and I got in the top 5% on the daily, probably because the final target was shielded and I didn't loot a way to disable it... hooray for windows :D)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: May 05, 2020, 03:50:56 pm »

So much stuff you can just skip by using an extreme range key cloner. It's great.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: May 05, 2020, 04:20:40 pm »

On the downside I was shaky, *blacklisted*, and suffered glitch sickness.  All the foes were shielded, and called in contractor reinforcements.

On the plus side it was an Offworld Security ship and I had a rechargeable glitch trap and patience.  At some point contractors stop arriving - not paid enough, I suppose.

(Still managed to knock out more than I killed - mostly contractors, but I did have a 5-shot unrechargeable subverter.  It was the key cloner that really saved me time though.  9 levels of security!)

Heat Signature
(Oh and I got in the top 5% on the daily, probably because the final target was shielded and I didn't loot a way to disable it... hooray for windows :D)

Nice.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: May 06, 2020, 05:46:13 pm »

I nuked the wood elves and claimed their stupid attrition-heavy woodlands despite them having completely confederated into one force. Having to play five siege battles (one for each Athel Loren settlement) was tiresome though, especially since autoresolve hates Skaven.

I've also seen some oddities in this campaign like the dreaded Ordertide not having started yet, Kemmler wandering my lands for no reason (it seems the Tourist Vlad bug gave way to Tourist Kemmler) and Grimgor actually performing well.

Total War: Warhammer 2 (Ikit Claw on Mortal Empires)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: May 08, 2020, 02:37:14 pm »

Ben playing a whole lot of TWW2.

I have found Kemmler wandering around by Krok-Gar.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: May 09, 2020, 11:33:57 am »

Playing as dark side in KOTOR is fun as hell. I just used force persuade on someone with the line "You like me and want to give me money." Also, that was a follow-up to threatening him. Such great writing (A lot of the dark-side choices in this game are better, but the writers apparently just didn't know what to do on this planet).

I did also agree to sell a hunting trophy for someone who needed the money, and then came back to tell her I sold it but wouldn't be giving her the money. The light-side Jedi I brought with me kept saying things like "That's low, even for you." Just back and forth with them getting upset at my character while I cackled madly. The handful of credits don't matter, and I don't need the dark side points, but that reaction was absolutely worth it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: May 09, 2020, 05:09:43 pm »

How are you getting Kotor to work?

II you can run on a computer, but one doesnt seem to, from the research I did on it a few years ago?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: May 09, 2020, 06:24:22 pm »

How are you getting Kotor to work?

II you can run on a computer, but one doesnt seem to, from the research I did on it a few years ago?

I think it's Frame Buffer Effects in advanced graphics options. Probably also had to do 2-3 other fixes. I'm running Windows 7, which seems to be the newest Windows that's compatible with anything.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: May 11, 2020, 10:44:05 am »

Got a warning that the battery in my right-hand controller was "critically low", and thought I still had time to finish the round. I didn't; the battery died seconds later. So, with my right hand frozen in place - with a sword sticking straight out - and losing the means to turn around, jump, slow time, swing a weapon in one hand(or both), AND open the Oculus main menu, I tried to finish the round anyway.

Ran over to my weapon rack(luckily I was facing towards that direction), pulled a one-handed sword off it, and began slashing at whatever enemies I could hit. A few died to running right into my outstretched right-hand sword. Despite most enemies coming at me from behind, I took rather little damage overall.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: May 11, 2020, 06:49:32 pm »

A board game, but in an online version and the board title just says "other games," so.

Playing Resistance: Avalon as the Assassin, a spy/red. I wasn't paying attention to the number of blue-win missions up to that point, so I succeeded a mission in order to get credibility... and the spies immediately lost, as there were now 3 blue missions. I cursed myself and my inattention. My fellow spy did too, naturally.

But wait. At the end of a game of Avalon, if the Resistance ('Good' for you actual Avalon players out there) wins the game, the Assassin has a chance to kill Merlin, a Resistance player who automatically knows who all the spies (AKA red(s) AKA Empire/Imperials AKA Evil AKA "you jerks") are - normally, Resistance players don't know the alignment of other players, only knowing they themselves are blue. If the Assassin guesses the right person, assassinating Merlin, the spies win, as presumably the Resistance is just too demoralized without their mascot half-demon. So, I thought, who had the best record that game of voting against putting spies on missions? This was an online game, so I didn't have the benefit of seeing anyone in person. I made my guess, someone who had consistently voted against missions I or my fellow spies happened to be on, and clicked Assassinate.

And that's how, with shrewd guessing and careful observation, in my first ever Avalon-mode game, I snatched a glorious spy victory from the very jaws of defeat.

Ok, ok, maybe you had to be there.

Oh yeah there's an online version (theresistanceplus.com) and y'all should start playing, since I don't really have any reliable chance right now of getting enough people for a game. My username is Sanctor.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 07:26:05 pm by Eschar »
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 709