Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274756 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10005 on: December 31, 2020, 12:00:33 pm »

What's FREEDOM? A Doom WAD?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: December 31, 2020, 12:04:22 pm »

FREEDOOM is literally a free doom clone for purposes of running mods without owning doom.

But I enjoyed its built-in campaign. Simple as that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: December 31, 2020, 03:29:04 pm »

Since we're on this topic, I gotta ask: What do you think of Brutal Doom? Specifically the Hell on Earth Campaign?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: December 31, 2020, 04:01:42 pm »

Since we're on this topic, I gotta ask: What do you think of Brutal Doom? Specifically the Hell on Earth Campaign?
I used to like brutal doom, but eventually I came to feel that it kind of takes away the core doom gameplay, including stuff like the role of melee in dealing with pinkies
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: January 01, 2021, 04:26:17 am »

Brutal Doom is truly great to replay wads you already played enough with their default setup, it gives a more "action" feel (especially in the lowest difficulty in which it actually add more enemies by maps, making things hilariously hectic).

The Brutal Doom author has been working on a big campaign "Extermination Day" specifically tailored for it , using lots of features like vehicles battles and etc... that aren't used in normal maps, it has still not been released but the dev uploaded a beta of it last year :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/forum/thread/extermination-day-beta-001-download

It's a big upgrade to his previously named "Hell on Earth Starter Pack" campaign :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/recurring-nightmare/downloads/brutal-doom-hell-on-earth-starter-pack/

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: January 01, 2021, 07:22:27 pm »

Hell on earth was quite awesome in my opinion. Especially when you got to hell.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: January 02, 2021, 03:46:16 am »

My favorite part of this Hell on Earth Starter Pack was the level in which you're fighting in a city along with allied soldiers against hellish troops, something so rare in Doom megawad in which nearly everytime you're thrown alone vs monsters.
A bit like a coop level with AI allies in a Duke Nukem3D-like level :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 03:48:59 am by Robsoie »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: January 07, 2021, 09:16:31 pm »

Game dumps a boss fight on me rather suddenly and without any particular plot justification. It wrecks me in seconds. Repeat that for multiple attempts for about a week.

Looking it up, the consensus is that this is actually the hardest boss battle in the game considering the point in the game it happens.

I spend a significant amount of time grinding, stocking up on healing items, and making sure everyone has the best equipment I could get them. ...And the boss still wrecks me within seconds. I try again, this time making sure to take a close look at the options for managing party members' AI. This time, it's a very close fight. I burn through almost all my Apple Gels, ALL my Orange Gels, and surprisingly few revive items. Even manage to achieve the Secret Mission objective. Towards the end of the fight, I scan his stats and find he has about 700HP left(out of around 32,000HP). Then the healer gets knocked out just as the mage is casting the finishing attack. I manage to revive the healer less than half a second before the boss dies, saving her from missing out on the experience from the fight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kakroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: January 08, 2021, 11:07:48 pm »

Brutal Doom is truly great to replay wads you already played enough with their default setup, it gives a more "action" feel (especially in the lowest difficulty in which it actually add more enemies by maps, making things hilariously hectic).

The Brutal Doom author has been working on a big campaign "Extermination Day" specifically tailored for it , using lots of features like vehicles battles and etc... that aren't used in normal maps, it has still not been released but the dev uploaded a beta of it last year :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/forum/thread/extermination-day-beta-001-download

It's a big upgrade to his previously named "Hell on Earth Starter Pack" campaign :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/recurring-nightmare/downloads/brutal-doom-hell-on-earth-starter-pack/

If you haven't already tried Project Brutality it's great. In any other circumstance I'd describe it as a little overstuffed and excessive, but... it's Doom.

Also Black Edition, which kind of goes in the opposite direction and makes it a little more tactical and focuses on Doom's horror elements.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 01:47:05 am by Kakroom »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: January 09, 2021, 04:01:35 am »

Project Brutality 2.03 is great and there is weapon selection/behaviour and different enemies abilities from Brutal Doom so you don't feel you play the same mod with just different cosmetic, the Project Brutality 2.03 can play on every source port (Zandronum included so you can play with Zandronum better MP support) but Project Brutality 3.0 (click on Code -> Download Zip, then play this zip with GZDoom) can only be played on GZDoom (on LZDoom there are lots of errors).

PB3.0 is also a lot more performance heavy than PB 2.03 that play incredibly smooth, so PB3.0 will have a hard time on wads with lot of monsters.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: January 09, 2021, 07:57:00 am »

im doing a tozling run (im only equipped with a sling pack, a scav vest (a fishing vest) with ammo, and a toz shotgun) on interchange and someone turned on the power so all the store alarms go off. i just so happen to be next to ultra medical which requires a special key, so i walk in and unlock it. there i find a ledx (worth tons) which i shove into my prison wallet immediately (a joke amongst tarkov players: all players have a hidden stash of space that can't be looted if they die, so most people put valuables in there) and walk out only to run into a geared chad running up the escalator, probably the guy who opened the power, and i fire from the hip with my toz. i catch him in the face. so i went in with cheapo gear and left with a gzhel (high end armor), a helmet of good quality, a headset of good quality, and a modded m4.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: January 09, 2021, 03:00:43 pm »

Project Brutality 2.03 is great and there is weapon selection/behaviour and different enemies abilities from Brutal Doom so you don't feel you play the same mod with just different cosmetic, the Project Brutality 2.03 can play on every source port (Zandronum included so you can play with Zandronum better MP support) but Project Brutality 3.0 (click on Code -> Download Zip, then play this zip with GZDoom) can only be played on GZDoom (on LZDoom there are lots of errors).

PB3.0 is also a lot more performance heavy than PB 2.03 that play incredibly smooth, so PB3.0 will have a hard time on wads with lot of monsters.

Wow i need to try this out
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10017 on: January 10, 2021, 07:32:43 pm »

Too many fuckign dags

Managed to beat two of my mates using goblin swordsmen only for most of the game. Ended up having 26 goblin caves but had to tech switch towards the end towards swords/archers/giants because swordsmen alone couldn't cut it against cav and wargs. Pic related the watcher is slapping dags away. My record before this was 5k troops lost for victory; this time my opponents lost 600 and 700 troops respectively, I lost 8k+. This is the goblin way

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: January 16, 2021, 03:43:07 pm »

I was already charging into the room when I realized that I had no backup whatsoever. Managed to kill the two enemies on the point(one of whom was almost certainly AFK) before being shot in the back. All I managed was to delay the enemy capture of the base by only about 15 seconds.

15 seconds was what was left on the capture timer when the rest of my faction got their crap together and was able to retake the point. Followed by completely pushing the NC off the base entirely. I claim partial credit for this victory.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: January 23, 2021, 10:53:10 pm »

Took down the Dust King with the aid of mercenaries. Had to haul his dusty ass to Squin to turn in the bounty (fighting off more dust bandits and starving bandits on the way), but the 35k cats were worth it.

Kenshi.
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 708