Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274811 times)

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10095 on: May 12, 2021, 12:38:20 pm »

Half the world declared war on me calling me a warmonger (I dont mean to point fingers, but it was not me who enslaved half of Africa and India, and waged war upon China when they refused to buy my drugs, and yet they dare call me the warmonger :-\) So I wrecked their fleets, forced UK, France and Austria to disarm and pay war reparations to me, establishing myself as the undisputed ruler of the seas. And at same time accidentally creating worldwide shortage of clothes and furniture. Who would have though that such a huge fleet of sailing ships would use up so much of the worlds cloth and wood supply  ::)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: May 15, 2021, 09:37:24 am »

I entered a shrine (Dah Hesho, apparently), its subtitle was "A Minor Test of Strength". Cheesed the shrine. Stabbed robo-guardian-thing a bunch with a Thunderspear, then when its electrical energy ran out, I pulled out my Thunderstorm Rod and zapped it some more. Thing died in less than 15 seconds. That's probably my fastest non-Blessing shrine ever. I think my entry and exit load times were longer than that fight.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: May 16, 2021, 10:12:29 am »

Chucked a brick of TNT out of a window, nearly causing a total squad wipe.

In the same match, an enemy armored car drove around to the back of the chateau I was trying to hold. As I threw the TNT, they dismounted. I don't know if they were getting out to repair, or what, but the explosion destroyed the entire crew and the armored car. That one got the achievement for wiping a squad in under 5 seconds, and the one for destroying a tank.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: May 20, 2021, 05:49:24 pm »

I fulfilled the Oath of the Peach Garden. Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei all died on the same day, in the same month and in the same year.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: May 22, 2021, 03:03:16 pm »

Took my first province by conquest instead of building a fortress in an unowned one.

Army may have been overkill, 800 adamantine golems with various weapon configurations, all powered by faerie dust(which is the best power source I've seen). Took the local rhinomen's fortress in a few turns of siege. Taking the city next to it took significantly longer. The initial time to assault was over 30 turns, so I decided to add some... "engineers" by binding(which I think means enslaving) some pixies. To build siege weapons and towers for automatons that I assume are significantly larger than an average human. Because that makes sense.
Spoiler: and it does (click to show/hide)

Pixies also make excellent skirmishers. I also added some mudmen to the siege, because they get a bonus to siege progress. A few times they sent a unit out, only to be immediately reduced to a red smear. Any losses were immediately replaced because my(formerly their) fortress was in the adjacent tile, which gives unit replenishment at effectively no cost. When it came time to actually assault the city, both armies had around 1300 total troops. But only the numbers were equal. The first few rounds of combat, the pixies slaughtered hundreds in ranged combat before being chased back. The golems smashed into their lines. The rhinomen gave dozens of lives at a time just to bring down one golem. Most of them broke and ran. Out their 13 units(of 100 men each), 5 were destroyed completely. I lost one unit: a bunch of zombies I created from one of the troops they tried to get out of the city during the siege.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: May 25, 2021, 12:49:15 pm »

I fulfilled the Oath of the Peach Garden. Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei all died on the same day, in the same month and in the same year.

Nice!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: June 03, 2021, 07:57:53 pm »

Fought a desperate, pitched battle against the Hand of Sajuuk, the enemy command carrier, in the final mission of the campaign. The mission itself is a constant barrage of attacks from all sides, making it very difficult to rebuild your forces, so I had to use what I had.

Already lost about a third of my ground forces against the first enemy carrier, the Ashinta, and I didn't have quite enough resources to rebuild. A combination of cruise missile, orbital laser, and sacrificing half my entire complement of aircraft took about a third of the Hand of Sajuuk's health off. And it kept rolling directly towards me. My carrier and three artillery cruisers engaged the enemy carrier directly. I don't know why, probably its large size, but those artillery cruisers did a lot more damage than anything else.

As a finishing move, I launched all remaining aircraft, ordered all units to engage, and struck a the actual killing blow with a direct hit from the orbital laser into the center of the ship. The ending cutscene(which is done in-engine) had my aircraft doing a flyby of the exploding ship.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: June 04, 2021, 05:00:15 am »

The other day I somehow managed to get five or so kills in a match (mostly in the same life) whilst playing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam on about six frames per second. I reckon it's about time I acquired some sort of "gaming rig"...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: June 11, 2021, 01:33:02 am »

So, one of the toughest monsters in the game spawned in front of me, the grim reaper/death, hovering over a chasm. Because I already had a spell readied to fire, as I was in the middle of a fight already, I just loosed the spell at it, kinda in a half panic "I need to get the fuck out of here" type deal. The grim reaper was stunned and "knocked over" by the spell, fell into the chasm, and died. It must have existed for like two seconds total. I and my pawn both immediately gained four levels, and a steam achievement. I was very taken aback by it to be honest.

I had also dealt with another very tough and very annoying enemy, a giant ogre, by luring it into a fight over a cliff, where it charged right off. And a giant eyeball thing by standing underneath it, making its upward spike thrust attack hit itself right in the eye. So it hasnt been an uneventful night. But I didn't think I'd literally cheat death out of a fair fight.

Dragon's Dogma; Dark Arisen
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: June 11, 2021, 06:23:30 pm »

The other day I somehow managed to get five or so kills in a match (mostly in the same life) whilst playing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam on about six frames per second. I reckon it's about time I acquired some sort of "gaming rig"...   

Congrats on finding a server with people on it. That's the real own.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: June 11, 2021, 08:58:00 pm »

Got hired to move some paintings around. Simple enough, just had to pick up the replacement painting, deliver it, and bring back the old one.

Oh, but this is a heavily-fortified mansion with cameras and a 24-hour security detail with taser-happy guards with shoot-on-sight orders. And what I'm doing isn't... entirely legal. Or any amount of legal. Whatever.

I have little details on the security. I wake up in the next door parking lot at noon, at the start of the only 6-hour time block I don't have for the guards. I also hadn't marked all the security cameras on the place, so every step is a potential alarm. Luckily, there's a guard watching the car gate, so I mark him and get vision on the guards at all times.

First attempt, I climb a fence near the front and sneak up close to the garage on the opposite end of the property. Amazingly, there wasn't any cameras on that route. I get close enough to use my laptop to hack the camera control panel, shutting them off. I work my way around to the back of the house, the only place I can find a door to get in as all the windows are alarmed against both breakage and glass cutting. Also, what kind of a house lacks a front door? The replacement painting is also in the back, but I actually didn't realize that until I stumbled right on it. I putter a bit trying to figure how to get inside; there's a guard on the side of the house, and one inside who is capable of seeing me as I try to break in. I decide to go for it, pick the lock, and sneak in. Unfortunately, the side guard's schedule moved him to the back of the house, where he noticed the door was unlocked(or perhaps the window I opened to sneak the painting into), and called the cops. I tried to hide in the garage, but the policeman who showed up wandered for a minute before zeroing on my hiding spot and tasered me.

Second attempt, I climbed a rock behind the house to go right over the fence. Picked the back door, snuck in with the replacement painting. Snuck into the garage to so I could hack the cameras, also stole a trombone. Just barely snuck past the guard patrolling inside the house; his schedule keeps him pretty much on the stairs I needed to climb all the time, and it was too risky to wait until he changed positions(it happens after the side guard moves to the back of the house). Got upstairs, switched the paintings. The painting I need to take out fits in my bag, instead of being carried, so that's good. Out I went from a convenient window that opened onto the roof of the garage, which led to a wooden arch that let me walk right over the fence off the property. Mission complete, and one of the most tense jobs I've done.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: June 13, 2021, 12:29:38 am »

Congrats on finding a server with people on it. That's the real own.
Haha, there are usually at least a couple in my region (Oceania). A lot of them exclusively run a level called Bernie's Resort, though, which I find kind of lame. Half the time it seems to end at the first objective if the attacking team fail to get their janky helicopters in safely.   
I guess it's the "meme map", kinda like Operation Locker in Battlefield 4 or Nuketown in just about every CoD game ever.   

Not that it makes much difference for me, though, since my computer can barely run any of the maps at the best of times.   
Looks like I'll be moving in the near future, though, so perhaps at my new place (actually not new, I lived there years ago with some of the same friends) I'll shell out to get a better set-up.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: June 15, 2021, 05:31:19 pm »

Very happy to manage to beat the first boss of Hellpoint after she kicked my sorry bottom so many times.
The secret to work around my miscalculation in when to dodge and when to attack was to grind more axiom and levelup more times, and then increase then my health bar so i could take more hits :D

Beating that "dark witch" thingy or whatever it was opened up a lot, the Observatory sector allows to upgrade items and weapons and craft more stuff.
Found some better armor piece to go along.

With my better equipment, i also went to go hunt the big staff demon guy that appears in the early sector when the clock gets orange, wasn't as difficult as i thought (well that monster way bigger and stronger than any of the early enemy in that sector, but not as strong as the dark witch boss thingy).

Even managed to find a bunch of secret doors (in the early sector there are several of them, make sure to test suspicious walls) that gave me some shortcuts and additional materials and items.
Enjoying that gog freebie so far a lot more than i thought, nice mix of grinding and rewarding results to help you overcome the hard fights.
Oh and don't hesitate to grind some levels in strength to be able to use the "column" weapon, its "hard" but slow attack is fantastic against the big knights that patrol the circular corridor that lead to the 1st boss.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 05:35:43 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: June 19, 2021, 07:35:41 am »

Finally, those bastards are down !

After being destroyed many time by those guys, i decided to travel back to the Observatory and from there try to grind in Port Issoudun , that had some stronger new enemies, as my goal was to try to use the accumulated experience of the game and my improved character to survive for a bit there to see if i could find some better equipment.

And so i did in this sector that had been remodelled by some cosmic horror into an organic hell, managed to get a Thespian Hook drop from one of the bizarro swordsmen , grinded it long enough to unlock its ability (it has only one unlike most weapons so it takes longer to unlock it)  that increase its damage output a lot.
Found also a way to improve one of my previous armor into something better somewhere in that scary place. Improved also my character and some conductors that i was using on  some weapons thanks to all the accumulated axioms.

Then once i felt stronger, i decided it was time to pay another visit to those Arisen Congegrators that are those hated bastardly bosses of the Sohn District.
Good i had a lot of healing salves there, as i still needed 2 of them during the fight to help with my various miscalculations.

Opened a lot more paths for my character to travel into, oh joy more insanity :D

game: Hellpoint
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 10:11:01 am by Robsoie »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: June 28, 2021, 12:25:24 pm »

Not sure if I should start a Let's Play thread, but it's a win. Didn't want to clog up the main thread. Spoilers ahead.

Shenanigans Update 3:
Spoiler: Part 1: Jasper (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part 1: Beryl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part 2: North Obsidia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part 2: Lapis (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 708