Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292670 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10185 on: January 14, 2022, 01:57:59 pm »

Finally completed the last mission (the 13th one)  of Shadow Tactics : Blades of the Shogun.

At some point i was facing a situation in which i wasn't able to move through without getting an alert, maybe due to a wrong move at some point earlier.

Oh alerts aren't a game over situation, it just increase the amount of enemies as reinforcements are coming in, i went through some alerts in several missions already, but i really wanted to get this one done entirely stealth.

So i checked around to see if there was a solution as i know there are plenty of speedun at the highest difficulty with that game.

And learned that in this mission there was an alternate way to complete it, circumventing half of the mission , and that without being an exploit or cheat, just me unaware that the ability of one of my ninjas was also able to lead into this rather funny situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWPKRI9QS_0&t=180s

I did it too, allowing me to avoid the difficult situation as i then didn't needed any of the ninjas that were blocked there and completed the mission this way and avoiding to go to the various parts of the castles in order to get keys/disguise.
Took a few tries though as it seems that ability for me only worked on the 2nd serie of the 3 demonstration shots those guards will do for the target when asked.

My favorite Commando-like game by far, the difficulty is very well tweaked allowing even me to complete the game, i still remember the "Beyond the Call of Duty" expansion for the 1st Commando was, unlike the original game this expansion was just an exercise in masochism :D .

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: January 15, 2022, 08:14:01 pm »

Made one my best shots ever. Caught an enemy's arrow on my bow - as in, it embedded itself in the wood of the bow, and believe me, that's blocked plenty of my shots before. Pulled it out, fired it back, and hit the shooter in the middle of the forehead. Wasn't even a particularly simple shot; they had the high ground, another archer was in the way, and I was being attacked by a melee enemy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: January 16, 2022, 08:46:32 pm »

Got one of those 18000% crit damage (masterwork/quoozmade/acute enchanted) quooze sniper bows on a void archer. Currently diving hard to try to get the castle to gen again for some belated regicide, but... well.

Extremely late game, hyper scaled enemies in special areas might have, like, 30-50k points of mixed armor/health, things that are level 150-190 when you're 60-70. Plenty of builds literally can't damage them after a point, their mitigation stats just completely outmatch the damage output.

This thing is critting for up to literally half a million damage (usually a more modest 10-50k, but the rolls involved can stack up), from equally literally several rooms away (the major distinctive ability of void archers is that they can shoot through walls, which is exactly as busted as it sounds). It's blowing up things in this game I didn't even realize could get blown up! Presumably I'll get bored eventually, but... right now, it's a trip.

E: Wow, I just actually one-shot the king. I didn't think that was actually possible, like, mechanically possible -- I've had other high damage builds take a regicide detour and they still had to deal with the king's phases. Not, uh. Not this critter, though. This critter deleted the king with one attack, and then deleted the king's laser beam buddy, too.

Most anticlimactic boss attempt I've made in this game, ha!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 11:04:18 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: January 17, 2022, 03:39:05 pm »

I got Wordle in 2 guesses today. First guess got me 3 letters, including one in the correct spot (which is a good amount of information for a 5-letter word), then figured out which letter made most sense at the end. Then I could only come up with one word that could help me place more letters, with the downside it was a stupid guess. Then the game told me "yeah, that's the word I was thinking of."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: January 19, 2022, 05:49:51 am »

Remnant from the Ashes

Super happy i finally managed to defeat Ixillis, the boss of Corsus, what a giant pain this one was after dying so much to "him", finally opening me the path to the Yaesha world as i prefered to help the Undying King (avoiding another very hard fight) that despite him being super arrogant was still slightly on the better side in term of lore (as he will try to help his world) than the fairy queen that was trying to convince me with insect boobs that having a parasite mind controlling my brain and thoughts, removing all my sense of self and the one of everyone else was a good idea ...
But it was after i learned that Ixillis as Corsus world boss was level 9, and so my gear score of 7 was in fact putting me in a big disadvantage explaining why i was dying so fast and damage to the boss(es) wasn't optimal.
The fight went much better once i leveled to 9 (probably helped by the fact that having grinded in adventure mode a lot for obtaining some traits and items i wanted i also much more levels in my traits when refighting Ixillis for the last time)

But still, so far no boss has been as insanely stupidly hard (having me nearly uninstalling the game due to the rage of how broken it is) as "Riphide" was on one of my adventure on the Earth world.
Spoiler: Riphide (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 06:38:18 am by Robsoie »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: January 19, 2022, 05:18:15 pm »

I successfully reached Oregon in the original Oregon Trail with ONE person in poor health.  Yay me!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: January 19, 2022, 10:19:43 pm »

... wait, only one person out of the group in poor health, or with just the one sick critter still alive?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: January 19, 2022, 10:48:20 pm »

... wait, only one person out of the group in poor health, or with just the one sick critter still alive?
The game lets me keep going after all my humans die?!

But yes, one person out of the group in poor health.  But hey, I started as a Farmer, so Triple Points!
Also for the lutz I started as late as possible.  July I think?  So yeah, Hard Mode was ON.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: January 20, 2022, 06:37:34 am »

YES ! finally destroyed the final boss in Remnant : From the Ashes.
Spoiler: finally ! (click to show/hide)

Once you know the trick it's probably one of the easiest boss fight of the game, but if you don't know it seems to be never endingly boring.

Spoiler: the boss trick (click to show/hide)

A pity the devs probably rushed that part, as when you're back to the base, absolutely none acknowledge things have changed, that the root can't entry anymore and that there's some hope now or whatever you have been doing.
I just wish as a final reward for defeating the boss once you are back in the base, the dev would have allowed you to punch the moron McCabe in her face, would have been so satisfying after enduring her moronic reactions since the beginning.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 12:59:35 pm by Robsoie »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: January 27, 2022, 09:27:58 pm »

My first run checking out the new Neon Abyss DLC gameplay mode:

Every time I jump, I spawn a sprite. Every time something dies to an explosion, I spawn a sprite. When there's an explosion, I can spawn a sprite. When I fire, I can spawn a sprite. When I pick something up, I can spawn a sprite. When I get injured, I can spawn a sprite.

When sprites die, they explode. When sprites die, they can leave health items. When sprites die, they can other other items. When sprites die, they leave flames. When sprites die, I get money.

When in combat, sprites get bigger and can block attacks. When in combat, sprites will no longer die, but will still trigger their on-death effect due to overcap or leaving combat.

While I'm not attacking, sprites assume a defensive ring.

Yeah, that got stupidly broken.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: January 27, 2022, 09:48:11 pm »

I won Star Dynasties in 3 turns on Easy. Takes 5 turns on Medium sadly. I haven't been playing a ton of games lately. Programming sucks away all my energy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: January 27, 2022, 11:12:43 pm »

I wiped the Prison Village without being noticed.

Ghost Recon Wildlands
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: January 29, 2022, 03:32:54 pm »

I have proven myself to be... a Fool.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: January 30, 2022, 11:03:51 pm »

I dont know if they made it easier, but I'm feeling pretty happy with this current character.  It's a lot of fun to build something you don't typically try out and have it work out amazingly.

Spoiler: noita (click to show/hide)

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: January 31, 2022, 08:51:15 am »

Played Binding of Isaac; killed Hush by shooting once, then the game crashed without unlocking Purity. Probably because my laptop is too shitty, and there was too many projectiles on screen.
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 709