Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 mods  (Read 3367 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Good Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 mods
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:02:01 am »

Like the topic says. What good lore-accurate mods are out there for BG 1, 2 and ToB?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 mods
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 03:24:23 am »

I don't have any recommendations for you, not being a lore guru, but I can point you to some good places to ask:
Spellhold Studios
Gibberlings 3
Pocket Plane Group

I'm not sure about the 3rd, but the other two communities are still active.  IMO they're great go-to places for Infinity Engine gaming/modding.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 06:41:37 am »

Try ascension. It was developed by david gaider, one of the blokes who worked for bioware making BG. (though it should be made clear that it is not a bioware product, nor is the mod affiliated with bioware). It greatly modifies the TOB expansion, to try and achieve what they would have done if they did not have to work within the time limit that they had for making the expansion.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 06:59:57 am »

Try ascension. It was developed by david gaider, one of the blokes who worked for bioware making BG. (though it should be made clear that it is not a bioware product, nor is the mod affiliated with bioware). It greatly modifies the TOB expansion, to try and achieve what they would have done if they did not have to work within the time limit that they had for making the expansion.
Despite being completely awesome, it also makes the endgame bosses much more difficult, so you might want to avoid it on your first playthrough.

I like the tactics mod as well (which essentially changes changes some battles and areas from "easy-normal" to "oh god why hath thee forsaken me", also not recommended for first playthrough).
And the Item's upgrade mod (which gives you OP items basically, but if you are using tactics and ascension and stuff it isn't that bad).
They aren't very lore accurate if you are concerned about that though.

You can get all those (ascension, tactics, and item upgrade, as well as some other mods) here http://weidu.org/main.html

I also recommend Unfinished Business, which puts many of the quests that the devs didn't have time to finish back in the game.

Their is also Tutu which lets you play BG1 in the BG2 engine, removing the XP cap, letting you use kits, and a better transition into BG2.
Alternately, you can use Baldur's gate trilogy (lets you play through BG1-BG2 in one game), which, although i haven't used, is apparently good as well.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 07:16:25 am »

So, Ascension and Unfinished Buisiness are lore-accurate?
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 11:04:13 am »

BG1NPC adds BG2 style party banter to BG1. It requires the Baldur's Gate Tutu mod or Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod, which are two projects that allow you to play BG1 in the BG2 engine.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 06:30:05 pm »

Tutu and Trilogy, which is better?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 06:31:18 pm »

I personally endorse tutu.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 09:37:22 pm »

Alrighty, what else?

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 09:52:43 pm »

BGT's supposed to be pretty good these days.  It should also allow you to play mods for both BG1 and BG2 with a single install.  Subject to correct install order, of course.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 10:57:11 pm »

Alrighty, what else?

The virtue mod is worth checking out. It fixes up the reputation modifier and actually allows you to play a villain without having to eat kittens to remain evil.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:46:42 pm »

Keep 'em coming, i'll be checking them out when i get a new computer (which will have a bigger HD than my measly 70GB one right now. I have a little under 4GB left lol.)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 02:36:37 am »

BUMP

Or, i could just uninstall something to free up space :P. I've got plenty of space now, keep posting guys :).

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 02:47:03 am »

If you have a lot of space you can try The BIG World Project and this - it's a compilation of so many little (and not so little mods) for BG2 and BG1, tweaked for achieving synergy, and continuous play between BG1 and 2.

EDIT:New link
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:56:13 am by aenri »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 02:59:51 am »

I play with a BGT from a single install, and it's awesome. I feel like there's too many locations to visit, and the world seems to be HUGE :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository