Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extra Consideration  (Read 764 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Extra Consideration
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:53:51 pm »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extraconsideration

So Yahtzee has a second spin-off series of articles where he speaks with other Escapist Contributors about current game issues. Has anyone else seen this?

I can't help but think that there'll be another spin-off series of articles in the future called Zero Consideration, where he just writes scathing, browbeating letters to developers he dislikes.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Consideration
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:59:31 pm »

Thanks for letting me know. I wish I could make comments on that Morality argument, but I first have to be a game developer to do so.  :( (Plus I already have done so in the past, and the results...weren't pretty.)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 09:50:57 pm »

Not really fair to say that Yahtzee has a spin off, as Movie Bob, the Extra Credit team and sometimes guests own it as much as Yahtzee. If you want the one that is just he's work, you want Extra punctuation.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 09:52:30 pm »

However, it was advertised in Zero Punctuation as "Yahtzee and other Escapist Contributors", so I presumed he had the largest stake in it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 09:53:41 pm »

Not particularly, no. I've been reading them since they came out a while ago, and it isn't just a Yahtzee soap box.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 09:57:13 pm »

I was also following the odd naming scheme changing:

Zero Punctuation > Extra Punctuation > Extra Consideration

to mean that it was a Yahtzee brand product. Also, while the other writers seem to change out, Yahtzee is in each one.

But yeah, this is a collaborative article, where it's a discussion rather than a diatribe.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 09:58:25 pm »

Between all these facets he's been slipping into, eventually it'll just be "The Escapist: The Official Newsletter of Fully Ramblomatic".  And the forums will continue to be a wretched hive.

I suppose I'll give it a look, not that I usually have the patience for Yahtzee's verbosity when he's not doing the reading for me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 11:30:07 pm »

I think I recall seeing mention of this in TVTropes for Zero Punctuation.